Gay rights groups condemn Blatter comment

Interesting...

Gay sex is illegal but what about other sexual activities

Will they go after people who attend with someone who is not their spouse? How about heterosexual sexual activities?

It will be interesting when they get into peoples bedrooms

I don't know how Qatars laws work but in most Islamic countries yes you can get arrested if you are with someone who is not your spouse, the governments of Islamic countries can and will "go into your bedoom".

My guess is that the players may have the biggest problem

for the record, football is far from a stupid game.

Only gay dudes play soccer.

GaySoccer.png

There are a lot of interesting questions about holding the World Cup in a Muslim country

Many countries allow gay marriages, will they be allowed to attend?
Will Jews be allowed to openly practice their religion?
Will public displays of affection be allowed?

And most importantly ....Will they allow people to blow vuvuzela's ??

Interesting...

Gay sex is illegal but what about other sexual activities

Will they go after people who attend with someone who is not their spouse? How about heterosexual sexual activities?

It will be interesting when they get into peoples bedrooms

I don't know how Qatars laws work but in most Islamic countries yes you can get arrested if you are with someone who is not your spouse, the governments of Islamic countries can and will "go into your bedoom".

The groupie chicks are going to get in lots of trouble. Being half naked and chasing men around.

this is going to be one hugh culture clash clusterfuck.

If qatar keeps women in burkas. Are they going to go after every fan? If they don't, will the locals be upset?

It's one thing for strict people to go into a loose society, it's an entirly nuther animal for loose people to wonder into a strict society.

How do you follow rules that you can't begin to fathom?

The groupie chicks are going to get in lots of trouble. Being half naked and chasing men around.

If qatar keeps women in burkas. Are they going to go after every fan? If they don't, will the locals be upset?

It's one thing for strict people to go into a loose society, it's an entirly nuther animal for loose people to wonder into a strict society.

I don't think Qatar makes all their women cover up, but I am not familiar with their laws on public affection. Qatar does allow alcohol but only for Christians I think, Qatar is not as bad as other stricter Islamic socieities like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran etc. but still Qatar is an Islamic country and they will not tolerate homosexuals, Jews, skanks running around half naked etc. it is going to be a very boring world cup. What if a country has Jewish players on their soccer team? will they have to stay home?

There are a lot of interesting questions about holding the World Cup in a Muslim country

Many countries allow gay marriages, will they be allowed to attend? Not if they are open or honest about it.
Will Jews be allowed to openly practice their religion? Don't think so, but I'm not sure.
Will public displays of affection be allowed? No, not allowed, by anyone.

And most importantly ....Will they allow people to blow vuvuzela's ?? blowing one of those things is a mortal sin to some, so hears hoping! :eusa_pray:

I am guessing they will let them attend the Cup, but public displays of affection will not be tolerated. Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar.

I doubt it, Jews to my knowledge are not allowed in Qatar period, I could be wrong but last time I checked they were not.

No they will not.

They will probably let them do that.

1) Jail time if they try it.
2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

As for strait unmarried couples, there have been stories on this board about people going there for their wedding being arrested for sharing a room the night before. Six month prison time. They are serious.

as for #4 yes.

But the bigger question.... Beer. Forgetaboutit.

I don't think Qatar makes all their women cover up, but I am not familiar with their laws on public affection. Qatar does allow alcohol but only for Christians I think, Qatar is not as bad as other stricter Islamic socieities like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran etc. but still Qatar is an Islamic country and they will not tolerate homosexuals, Jews, skanks running around half naked etc. it is going to be a very boring world cup. What if a country has Jewish players on their soccer team? will they have to stay home?

they should be fine as long as they don't come from Israel.

2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

As for strait unmarried couples, there have been stories on this board about people going there for their wedding being arrested for sharing a room the night before. Six month prison time. They are serious.

as for #4 yes.

How do you have a sporting event and not have beer? Many of the people that go get batshitcrazy, and alcohol keeps them calm. Can you imagine these people thinking clearly and going through withdrawl?

There will be blood.

they should be fine as long as they don't come from Israel.

Well I guess the Israeli soccer team is fucked, even if they do qualify, and we can all kiss the beautiful Brazilian and Dutch half naked ladies who paint their countries flags on their chest goodbye.:(

2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

as for #4 yes.

How do you have a sporting event and not have beer? Many of the people that go get batshitcrazy, and alcohol keeps them calm. Can you imagine these people thinking clearly and going through withdrawl?

There will be blood.

Qatar does allow alcohol, but that is another issue whether or not they will actually serve it during sporting events. I actually think they don't do that.

2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

as for #4 yes.

World Cup without drunken fans??

Yea Right!

2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

as for #4 yes.

Yea Right!

You better read this, the world cup in Qatar WILL be without drunken fans, you can drink in Qatar but it seems their laws are not real clear on this.

Qatar Law states that drunken behaviour in public or driving under the influence of alcohol is an offence punished by imprisonment, a fine or both (Qatarlaw - Home). As Sharia law is practised for Muslims, the punishment for Muslims may include lashing.

Read more: Buying alcohol in Qatar | Qatar Visitor - Travel Guide to Doha & Qatar

To obtain an alcohol permit you need a letter from your employer written in English. This must be signed and stamped by an authorised person in your company and be addressed to the Qatar Distribution Company. It must state the applicant’s position, basic salary (must be above 4000 riyals or 1100 dollars, and the letter must use the word basic), state if an accommodation entitlement is received or if the applicant receives free accommodation and whether the applicant is married. The applicant must also provide their ID/passport and residence permit (photocopies are acceptable) and a 1000 riyal (275 dollar) returnable deposit. You also have to complete an application form, and state your religion. All completed forms must be in backwards gothic Sanskrit script size 12 ¾ and with triple spacing, and should be aesthetically pleasing. (Actually, I just made up the last condition.)

Read more: Buying alcohol in Qatar | Qatar Visitor - Travel Guide to Doha & Qatar

The Public prosecution has refused to accept the marriage certificate of a Christian man and a Muslim woman which was issued by the authorities concerned in their home country, leaving the duo in dire straits, a local Arabic daily reported yesterday. The man and the woman, both Arab nationals, were seen kissing in public near the Corniche. They were rounded up and accused by the Public Prosecution of indulging in an immoral act.

Read more: Displays of public affection | Qatar Living

2)Forgetaboutit.
3)See #1

as for #4 yes.

Yea Right!

You better read this, the world cup in Qatar WILL be without drunken fans, you can drink in Qatar but it seems their laws are not real clear on this.

Qatar Law states that drunken behaviour in public or driving under the influence of alcohol is an offence punished by imprisonment, a fine or both (Qatarlaw - Home). As Sharia law is practised for Muslims, the punishment for Muslims may include lashing.

What happens if they like the lashing? :eusa_drool:

Yea Right!

What happens if they like the lashing? :eusa_drool:

I don't know if anyone would like it, that shit hurts and it tears the flesh right off you. This isn't some playful dominatrix flogging you, its going to be a sexually frustrated Arab man who is jealous you were drinking and he was not, good luck.:eusa_pray::(

Forum List

Back