Gay rights groups condemn Blatter comment

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Gay rights groups condemn Blatter comment - World Soccer - Yahoo! Sports
By STEVE DOUGLAS, AP Sports Writer

The president of the world soccer governing body said Monday that gay fans “should refrain from any sexual activities” during the World Cup in Qatar, where homosexual behavior is illegal.

Juris Lavrikovs, communications director for the European branch of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association, said the comments were “very unfortunate and have left people deeply offended.”

You have got to be kidding me!

Blatter is trying to save lives and the queers are offended? Get over yourselves already, not everything is to be taken as on offence.

fyi; The penalty is long term prison or death. Next time you see Blatter, tell him thank you for thinking of your safety.

People are actually condemning that?

I guess they would prefer prison or death.

Seems to me that it would be wise to observe cultural and legal differences and be very much aware of them before you do something that endangers yourself or others.

The president of the world soccer governing body said Monday that gay fans “should refrain from any sexual activities” during the World Cup in Qatar, where homosexual behavior is illegal.

Juris Lavrikovs, communications director for the European branch of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association, said the comments were “very unfortunate and have left people deeply offended.”

Blatter is trying to save lives and the queers are offended? Get over yourselves already, not everything is to be taken as on offence.

fyi; The penalty is long term prison or death. Next time you see Blatter, tell him thank you for thinking of your safety.

They say anything about strait sex?

Which begs the question: Why on earth would you hold the tourney in Qatar to begin with? But I digress, their country their rules, stupid game.

The way he said it was stupid, but the simple fact is that Qatar's laws are Qatar's business and people visiting should abide by those laws. Many Muslim countries also have issues with sexual contact between unmarried people. People who choose to travel there should be aware of the laws and abide by them. Not hard.

Personally, I think it was a dumb choice as a host country but FIFA is a corrupt organization and it should surprise no one that Russia and Qatar got the next two tournaments. Deep pocket.

No. But there are some kooky rules that women should truly be fully aware of.

Like it's a crime to be alone, and a serious crime to be with a man that's not family.

What a fucked place to have anything.

What did they expect having the world cup in Qatar? they are an Islamic society, they do not tolerate homosexuality and all the Jews can forget about attending the world cup as well.

I don't know about Qatar but I can tell you in most Muslim countries you cannot have sex with a woman without being married, it is considered adultry and carries a prison sentence.

Interesting...

Gay sex is illegal but what about other sexual activities

Will they go after people who attend with someone who is not their spouse? How about heterosexual sexual activities?

It will be interesting when they get into peoples bedrooms

Interesting...

Gay sex is illegal but what about other sexual activities

Will they go after people who attend with someone who is not their spouse? How about heterosexual sexual activities?

It will be interesting when they get into peoples bedrooms

I don't know how Qatars laws work but in most Islamic countries yes you can get arrested if you are with someone who is not your spouse, the governments of Islamic countries can and will "go into your bedoom".

Soccer_boner_confusion-1.gif

Forum List

Back