Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

I wouldn't get too cocky about the divorce rate with hetero couples. I don't know how many studies have been done on divorce with gay marriages in the U.S., but in Denmark and Sweden they have divorced at higher rates than heterosexual couples, and before somebody mentions MA having the lowest divorce rate in the country since they legalized gay marriage, I'll just add that MA also has some of the toughest divorce laws in the country. It's hard to dissolve a marriage in MA...for everyone. But there's no reason to believe that the rate of successful gay couples will be any higher than the rate of heterosexual couples.

The fact is, the success rates shouldn't apply. That's the whole point of citing the divorce rate, simply to show that if you're going to call an institution a great success, you sorta need a basis for saying so.

Who's calling marriage a great success?

I mean, really. You can say they're (gays) aren't discriminated against, but they are. They're not allowed to affirm their Relationship legally and achieve the same legal benefits straights are. That's not equality, and there's no reason provided to date that's a logical one, the fact that we dismiss them doesn't mean they were "good" but we're "closed minded," it simply means they don't fly in the realm of logic.

Equality for the sake of equality isn't a good argument, though. It's actually a stupid argument, considering you can say the same thing about polygamous couples and nobody is pushing for the legalization of those. There's no right to "affirm their relationship legally". You say you don't hear any good arguments against gay marriage? That's because you're working under your own messed up assumptions about what is and what isn't a right. Just tacking on the word "rights" to something doesn't make it so.

Your taboos are like really really dark glasses. They make it hard to see. Anyone opposing your point of view, you're calling them closed minded, that, in-turn, is closed mindedness. :cuckoo:

Some people are closed-minded, some people are just stupid. It's harder to reason with stupid people working under their own assumptions that aren't based in fact all while they ask you to only present facts and logic.

Not, it's Absolutely Accurate.

Everyone has the Same Ability to Marry the Opposite Sex.

Noone is Allowed to Marry MORE than one, Children, Close Relatives, Animals or the Same Gender.

Marriage is Distinct in that it Reflects why we are even Typing into this Website.

If People Choose to Defy their Natural Design and Couple outside of what Created them, they are FREE to do so...

They are NOT Free to Demand that Society Embrace it, Acknowledge or give it False Validation in Marriage as Equal to something it Factually is NOT Equal to.

:)

peace...

NO. Sex does. Not marriage.

:lol: @ it not being "factually" equally. Who's keeping score? Jesus? Procreation does not equal marriage.

Not just any Sex, GT... And I Know you Know the Distinction, but Evasiveness is always Convenient when you can't Counter what is.

peace...

We are all equally free to marry. None of us has the right to marry anyone we want.

Wrong.

Noone is Allowed to Marry MORE than one, Children, Close Relatives, Animals or the Same Gender.

Marriage is Distinct in that it Reflects why we are even Typing into this Website.

If People Choose to Defy their Natural Design and Couple outside of what Created them, they are FREE to do so...

They are NOT Free to Demand that Society Embrace it, Acknowledge or give it False Validation in Marriage as Equal to something it Factually is NOT Equal to.

peace...

While we're on the natural design thing, let's discuss.

How come when you get married, you **don't**(etA)stop being attracted to other women? I suppose marriage is just not natural. It's societal. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too cocky about the divorce rate with hetero couples. I don't know how many studies have been done on divorce with gay marriages in the U.S., but in Denmark and Sweden they have divorced at higher rates than heterosexual couples, and before somebody mentions MA having the lowest divorce rate in the country since they legalized gay marriage, I'll just add that MA also has some of the toughest divorce laws in the country. It's hard to dissolve a marriage in MA...for everyone. But there's no reason to believe that the rate of successful gay couples will be any higher than the rate of heterosexual couples.

The fact is, the success rates shouldn't apply. That's the whole point of citing the divorce rate, simply to show that if you're going to call an institution a great success, you sorta need a basis for saying so.

I mean, really. You can say they're (gays) aren't discriminated against, but they are. They're not allowed to affirm their Relationship legally and achieve the same legal benefits straights are. That's not equality, and there's no reason provided to date that's a logical one, the fact that we dismiss them doesn't mean they were "good" but we're "closed minded," it simply means they don't fly in the realm of logic.

Equality for the sake of equality isn't a good argument, though. It's actually a stupid argument, considering you can say the same thing about polygamous couples and nobody is pushing for the legalization of those. There's no right to "affirm their relationship legally". You say you don't hear any good arguments against gay marriage? That's because you're working under your own messed up assumptions about what is and what isn't a right. Just tacking on the word "rights" to something doesn't make it so.

Your taboos are like really really dark glasses. They make it hard to see. Anyone opposing your point of view, you're calling them closed minded, that, in-turn, is closed mindedness. :cuckoo:

Some people are closed-minded, some people are just stupid. It's harder to reason with stupid people working under their own assumptions that aren't based in fact all while they ask you to only present facts and logic.

Pickleprick called it a great success. I'm not going to entertain you, only Mal b/c he hasn't resorted to dickheadedness. Good day, mental midget.

peace...

How come when you get married, you stop being attracted to other women? I suppose marriage is just not natural. It's societal. :eusa_shhh:

Perhaps because your wife turned you gay? Why else would you ask me for a bj? pervert....

Pickleprick called it a great success. I'm not going to entertain you, only Mal b/c he hasn't resorted to dickheadedness. Good day, mental midget.

Feelings are oh so mutual. :lol:

peace...

How come when you get married, you stop being attracted to other women? I suppose marriage is just not natural. It's societal. :eusa_shhh:

Perhaps because your wife turned you gay? Why else would you ask me for a bj? pervert....
I edited to add a word, homey.

peace...

How come when you get married, you **don't**(etA)stop being attracted to other women? I suppose marriage is just not natural. It's societal. :eusa_shhh:

Are you Making an Argument for Bigamy?...

peace...

peace...

:lol: @ it not being "factually" equally. Who's keeping score? Jesus? Procreation does not equal marriage.

Not just any Sex, GT... And I Know you Know the Distinction, but Evasiveness is always Convenient when you can't Counter what is.

peace...

You can't counter "what is" with "Marriage," because sexual attractions do not cease to exist outside of your marriage, thus, monogamy is not "natural" and marriage does not work to reflect what we are.

peace...

peace...

No, I'm showing you that marriage is not a reflection of nature. Quite the opposite, in fact, unless you really have only an attraction to one female and one female alone. I'd say that's pretty unique.

I edited to add a word, homey.

freudian slip? Which word in "You can suck me" did you not mean to include?

Marriage is legalized slavery anyway ... why anyone would want to be that stupid is beyond me, but meh, if there is a legal contract involved then gender discrimination is unAmerican, period.

peace...

You can't counter "what is" with "Marriage," because sexual attractions do not cease to exist outside of your marriage, thus, monogamy is not "natural" and marriage does not work to reflect what we are.

In your case, GTPoofter, your sexual orientation changed. On the down low....

peace...

No, I'm showing you that marriage is not a reflection of nature. Quite the opposite, in fact, unless you really have only an attraction to one female and one female alone. I'd say that's pretty unique.

If you are going to what is in Human Nature, I could say that Humans are the only Species that Fucks it's Dead...

Because it Happens or because Humans can, so what?...

But then again, I'm not Talking about that.

I was Talking about the Marriage of Flesh.

(2) People Producing another... The Possibility of it, and the Responsibility that we Take and that a Civil Society Acknowledges.

Anybody can Adopt, only Man and Woman can Create Life Naturally.

Marriage is a Reflection of this.

peace...

peace...

/corny.

Kitten, any way you can block him from this convo. if he's only going to contribute name calls and corny teenaged shit?

peace...

You enjoy placing the cart before the horse?

/corny.

Kitten, any way you can block him from this convo. if he's only going to contribute name calls and corny teenaged shit?

Freedom of speech is a bitch like that, in order for it to be equal no one can be blocked from a conversation. ;)

Forum List

Back