Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
By GLENN ADAMS and DAVID CRARY, Associated Press Writers Glenn Adams And David Crary, Associated Press Writers – 19 mins ago

PORTLAND, Maine – Maine voters repealed a state law Tuesday that would have allowed same-sex couples to wed, dealing the gay rights movement a heartbreaking defeat in New England, the corner of the country most supportive of gay marriage.

Gay marriage has now lost in every single state — 31 in all — in which it has been put to a popular vote. Gay-rights activists had hoped to buck that trend in Maine — known for its moderate, independent-minded electorate — and mounted an energetic, well-financed campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091104/ap_on_el_st_lo/us_gay_marriage_maine

Link provided to comply with USMB copyright policy. You know better ...

~A15

Martin leaves out that the repeal won with 53% of the vote. Not a large margin by any means. I say give it ten years, Gay Marriage would be able to win in Maine.

Ooooooo! I bet gays all over the country are just stomping their little feet over this! After they decide which shoes to wear to the event, of course.

people know what they want and what they dont want, and they are not buying that this is about civil rights.

people know what they want and what they dont want, and they are not buying that this is about civil rights.

no they are deciding what other people want.
No, the voters simply did not approve of same sex marriage and let their voices be heard. We have had Obama reminding us that he and the party of hypocrisy won last year so they will decide what we want whether we like it or not. This time voters got to decide for themselves.

No, the voters simply did not approve of same sex marriage and let their voices be heard. We have had Obama reminding us that he and the party of hypocrisy won last year so they will decide what we want whether we like it or not. This time voters got to decide for themselves.
so they are deciding for other people what is right? got it!
So you are alright with a majority deciding what a minority can and cannot do?

the majority cant do it either, your red herring has failed.

the majority cant do it either, your red herring has failed.
what is the point you are actually trying to make?

So you are ok with a minority telling a Majority what they can and can not do?

You may want to take some classes on Government. The majority in a Democracy always tells the minority what is right and wrong in that Country.

Martin leaves out that the repeal won with 53% of the vote. Not a large margin by any means. I say give it ten years, Gay Marriage would be able to win in Maine.

So how much did Owens win by in the 23rd?

we have a thread about this RGS, please don't get off topic. Si Modo is on thread Police duty tonight.:razz:

I will write what I please. Dogbert has been crowing about how Owens won and it was a great victory. The man barely won and may still lose once all votes are counted. That is how close it was. Yet here he is claiming 53 percent is unimportant for a victory. But hey let me know when YOU get promoted to thread police.

Forum List

Back