Gay marriage do you really care?

That is my concern with all this. I think they should be allowed to be legally joined together. Even those getting married in a church need a license and there are the legal as well as religious aspects. Just being allowed to legally be a couple with all the benefits that entails is all anyone should want.

But, this argument also seems to be about the language, which makes no sense. Have the rights, no matter what they are called.

Each state will decide and unless Obama is really going to back up his latest words with actions, which I doubt, then the battle continues.

As far as this issue being a top priority right now, no. People have lost their jobs, their homes and there is little hope on the horizon. That is number one.

You said it all in that last sentence. New is, American Airlines is letting 13,000 people go.
As far as the subject of gay marriage goes, I've said this before: do they really need some piece of paper, or some forced "blessing" to validate their love for each other? If "marriage" is such a meaningless word (for hetero couples), and if civil equality is the tantamount issue, why can't they cede the concept of "marriage" and accept "civil unions", as long as those "unions" imply the same legal rights as "married" people enjoy? Or is it just too much to ask for or expect some compromise on the part of any self-identified liberal group?

If they get the tax write offs and the social financial benefits, yes, they need a piece of paper. It's not about LUV, luv. It's about money!
Shit!

Any person who's been DIVORCED knows that!​

Jeeebus what a bunch ofvulgar hater fecked up latent homosexual brainwashed Pubscum...
Ya' gotta figure.....they keep losing on every-other-issue.

317.gif

They're gettin' pretty-desperate for a "win".​

Last edited:
Deep down does anyone here really care about the gay marriage issue? I said on another thread if I made a list of my top 100 issues gay marriage would be number 101. If you really care about this either why?

As far as "caring" to be against it, no. As far as "caring" to be in favor of people being free to marry who they want (as long as the person is in the age of majority and it's not an incestuous relationship ) then yeah, i care about people's freedoms to do so. If I lived in NC, I would have definitely voted against that amendment.

What do you have against incest? The only reason there is a taboo against incest is the possibility of genetic issues.
323.png

Personally, I could give a rat's patootie. But I do understand why the idea disturbs so many others. I also totally dislike the blatant disrespect offered by those who would force their views on everyone else, especially when there are viable legal alternatives that would afford the same protections under the law for "same-sex" partnerships. I'd bet that many of those who are demanding that gay and lesbian civil unions be referred to as "marriage" would also be the very first in line to demand that christians remove all vestiges of their religion from public places.

I know what you mean...telling others they can't get married due to the bigotted behaviour of others is rather disturbing.....

Conservative Party leader Colin Craig has waded in with yet another controversial opinion on sex: legalising gay marriage is social engineering.

Both Prime Minister John Key and Labour leader have followed in the steps of US president Barack Obama by backing same-sex weddings.

Craig's public profile has sky-rocketed this week after he labelled Kiwi women as some of the most promiscuous in the world.

He also had to explain why a former employee accused him of preaching that being short is a sin.
Colin Craig Slams Gay Marriage | Stuff.co.nz

I wonder why your PM has refused to give his opinion on gay marriage? What is he afraid of?
Prime Minister John Key has previously refused to give a personal view on same-sex marriage.
Do you support gay marriage? - Opinion - NZ Herald News

You said it all in that last sentence. New is, American Airlines is letting 13,000 people go.
As far as the subject of gay marriage goes, I've said this before: do they really need some piece of paper, or some forced "blessing" to validate their love for each other? If "marriage" is such a meaningless word (for hetero couples), and if civil equality is the tantamount issue, why can't they cede the concept of "marriage" and accept "civil unions", as long as those "unions" imply the same legal rights as "married" people enjoy? Or is it just too much to ask for or expect some compromise on the part of any self-identified liberal group?

If they get the tax write offs and the social financial benefits, yes, they need a piece of paper. It's not about LUV, luv. It's about money!

MEDICAL decisions, the human desire for respect, and love, play a large part.
Yeah....right.....they play a huge part, during a divorce.

eusa_doh.gif

What do you have against incest? The only reason there is a taboo against incest is the possibility of genetic issues. If the couple has no intention of producing offspring, what's the big deal if they want to marry each other and gain the same legal and civil rights as any other couple? How about the idea of family taking care of each other? You can't take care of your siblings if they are of majority age. That's bullshit, too.

The problem with your position is "no intention" ... yet it happens.

Always? Two brothers? Two sisters? A parent and a child? "Marriage" doesn't necessarily imply sexual activity, just a partnership between two people...
Ah, yes......a "conservative"/"traditional"-marriage.

post.jpg

The perfect excuse for pre-marital-sex; i.e. seeing how it "rides", first.​

Just defending my state.
If your State is threatened/endangered by married Gay-couples.....don't you have to start wondering what's made your State so vulnerable/weak, in the first-place??

:eusa_eh:

It really-does make your State sound kinda wimpy.

What....you're one o' those people who's (continually) worried-about "what the neighbors might say"???

Note, divorce was also "unnatural", as was miscegenation. The sickening spirit of hate lives on.

More-commonly-referred-to as.....

Just defending my state.
If your State is threatened/endangered by married Gay-couples.....don't you have to start wondering what's made your State so vulnerable/weak, in the first-place??

What....you're one o' those people who's (continually) worried-about "what the neighbors might say"???

Note, divorce was also "unnatural", as was miscegenation. The sickening spirit of hate lives on.

Liberals don't hate? Yes they do they are just to damn dishonest to admit it.

Deep down does anyone here really care about the gay marriage issue? I said on another thread if I made a list of my top 100 issues gay marriage would be number 101. If you really care about this either why?

Dick Cheney cares.

No...Not really. If it passed here in NC, no one would have noticed.
I left it blank. In other words I stayed out of it. I voted for candidates I wanted on the ballot in the general election.

I don't think it would have went unnoticed.

"....would have gone unnoticed."

eusa_doh.gif

No...Not really. If it passed here in NC, no one would have noticed.
I left it blank. In other words I stayed out of it. I voted for candidates I wanted on the ballot in the general election.

I don't think it would have went unnoticed.

"....would have gone unnoticed."

eusa_doh.gif
crayon boy has a lot of nerve making a grammar corretion when he has to get a paint by the number art set to make a post:eusa_whistle:

Personally, I could give a rat's patootie. But I do understand why the idea disturbs so many others. I also totally dislike the blatant disrespect offered by those who would force their views on everyone else, especially when there are viable legal alternatives that would afford the same protections under the law for "same-sex" partnerships. I'd bet that many of those who are demanding that gay and lesbian civil unions be referred to as "marriage" would also be the very first in line to demand that christians remove all vestiges of their religion from public places.

I know what you mean...telling others they can't get married due to the bigotted behaviour of others is rather disturbing.....

Conservative Party leader Colin Craig has waded in with yet another controversial opinion on sex: legalising gay marriage is social engineering.
The same (exact) reason our legal-system is involved in marriages.​

I did not write that. The obvious search for a "inferior" class is noted in many societies in history, whether you choose to LABEL them is irrelevant.

Hell, you "conservatives" see hate, any time someone disagrees with you.

:eusa_boohoo:

I'm guessin' it's got a lot-to-do with your "ol' time religion" perpetual-martyrdom syndrome.....typically, a learned-behavior.​

Hell, you "conservatives" see hate, any time someone disagrees with you.

:eusa_boohoo:

I'm guessin' it's got a lot-to-do with your "ol' time religion" perpetual-martyrdom syndrome.....typically, a learned-behavior.​

crayon boy you need a new paint by the numbers art set.

Dick Cheney cares.
I'm guessin' The DICK; Cheney doesn't give a flyin'-fuck about much of anything, besides $$$$.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ[/ame]​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back