Gay marriage do you really care?

Absolutely. Before a change like this is made, the government needs to address how it is going to pay out all the social benefits like Social Security widow(er) and orphan's benefits before they push it throughy. This is a HUGE economic catastrophe waiting to happen. The minute gays can marry then John Q Morman can have 10 wives and they and all his little rug rats will be on Social Security when he over exerts himself with wife number 4 and dies of a heart attacki!

No, the surviving spouse IS MORE LIKELY to be working and contributing. Again, reference the end of anti miscegenation laws.

Really? and you know this how?

Personally, I could give a rat's patootie. But I do understand why the idea disturbs so many others. I also totally dislike the blatant disrespect offered by those who would force their views on everyone else, especially when there are viable legal alternatives that would afford the same protections under the law for "same-sex" partnerships. I'd bet that many of those who are demanding that gay and lesbian civil unions be referred to as "marriage" would also be the very first in line to demand that christians remove all vestiges of their religion from public places.

I know what you mean...telling others they can't get married due to the bigotted behaviour of others is rather disturbing.....

Deep down does anyone here really care about the gay marriage issue? I said on another thread if I made a list of my top 100 issues gay marriage would be number 101. If you really care about this either why?

You must care, or you wouldn't go to the trouble of making a thread. If there are 100 issues that are more important to you than same sex marriage why not start threads about them instead?

Just something to think about.

I really don't care what each state does. I'd be angry if it went to fed issue. Personally my choice is government out of marriage, including fees. Civil unions for all. Religious outlets can perform marriages and collect the fees.

Deep down does anyone here really care about the gay marriage issue? I said on another thread if I made a list of my top 100 issues gay marriage would be number 101. If you really care about this either why?

As far as "caring" to be against it, no. As far as "caring" to be in favor of people being free to marry who they want (as long as the person is in the age of majority and it's not an incestuous relationship ) then yeah, i care about people's freedoms to do so. If I lived in NC, I would have definitely voted against that amendment.

Absolutely. Before a change like this is made, the government needs to address how it is going to pay out all the social benefits like Social Security widow(er) and orphan's benefits before they push it throughy. This is a HUGE economic catastrophe waiting to happen. The minute gays can marry then John Q Morman can have 10 wives and they and all his little rug rats will be on Social Security when he over exerts himself with wife number 4 and dies of a heart attacki!

No, the surviving spouse IS MORE LIKELY to be working and contributing. Again, reference the end of anti miscegenation laws.

AMERICAN HISTORY, and the end of anti miscegenation laws. As gay Americans are already in the nation, most adults are self supporting, which includes SS & FICA payments.

no, the surviving spouse is more likely to be working and contributing. Again, reference the end of anti miscegenation laws.

really? And you know this how?

american history, and the end of anti miscegenation laws. As gay americans are already in the nation, most adults are self supporting, which includes ss & fica payments.

with the economy the way it is? Are you sure?

AMERICAN HISTORY, and the end of anti miscegenation laws. As gay Americans are already in the nation, most adults are self supporting, which includes SS & FICA payments.

Guess what! Even a self supporting widow's children get to draw SS. Dumbass.

To exclude a class of persons from a state’s law is illegal; it is in violation of the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the fundamental tenets upon which this Nation was founded.

Just defending my state.

As opposed to its citizens.

Personally, I could give a rat's patootie. But I do understand why the idea disturbs so many others. I also totally dislike the blatant disrespect offered by those who would force their views on everyone else, especially when there are viable legal alternatives that would afford the same protections under the law for "same-sex" partnerships. I'd bet that many of those who are demanding that gay and lesbian civil unions be referred to as "marriage" would also be the very first in line to demand that christians remove all vestiges of their religion from public places.

That is my concern with all this. I think they should be allowed to be legally joined together. Even those getting married in a church need a license and there are the legal as well as religious aspects. Just being allowed to legally be a couple with all the benefits that entails is all anyone should want.

But, this argument also seems to be about the language, which makes no sense. Have the rights, no matter what they are called.

Each state will decide and unless Obama is really going to back up his latest words with actions, which I doubt, then the battle continues.

As far as this issue being a top priority right now, no. People have lost their jobs, their homes and there is little hope on the horizon. That is number one.

You said it all in that last sentence. News is, American Airlines is letting 13,000 people go.
As far as the subject of gay marriage goes, I've said this before: do they really need some piece of paper, or some forced "blessing" to validate their love for each other? If "marriage" is such a meaningless word (for hetero couples), and if civil equality is the tantamount issue, why can't they cede the concept of "marriage" and accept "civil unions", as long as those "unions" imply the same legal rights as "married" people enjoy? Or is it just too much to ask for or expect some compromise on the part of any self-identified liberal group?

Last edited:
To exclude a class of persons from a state’s law is illegal; it is in violation of the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the fundamental tenets upon which this Nation was founded.

Just defending my state.

As opposed to its citizens.

So why didn't they have gay marriage during the founders' day?

I think the MORE-important question (should be)....as, there have been Gay-marriages performed/sanctified....How many hetero-marriages have been destroyed (to-date), as a result?

:eusa_eh:

That is my concern with all this. I think they should be allowed to be legally joined together. Even those getting married in a church need a license and there are the legal as well as religious aspects. Just being allowed to legally be a couple with all the benefits that entails is all anyone should want.

But, this argument also seems to be about the language, which makes no sense. Have the rights, no matter what they are called.

Each state will decide and unless Obama is really going to back up his latest words with actions, which I doubt, then the battle continues.

As far as this issue being a top priority right now, no. People have lost their jobs, their homes and there is little hope on the horizon. That is number one.

You said it all in that last sentence. New is, American Airlines is letting 13,000 people go.
As far as the subject of gay marriage goes, I've said this before: do they really need some piece of paper, or some forced "blessing" to validate their love for each other? If "marriage" is such a meaningless word (for hetero couples), and if civil equality is the tantamount issue, why can't they cede the concept of "marriage" and accept "civil unions", as long as those "unions" imply the same legal rights as "married" people enjoy? Or is it just too much to ask for or expect some compromise on the part of any self-identified liberal group?

If they get the tax write offs and the social financial benefits, yes, they need a piece of paper. It's not about LUV, luv. It's about money!

Guess what! Even a self supporting widow's children get to draw SS. Dumbass.

If they are minors yes. Gay Americans are less likely to have children however. Think for a moment; this is a false dichotomy. It is a conclusion that there are a large number of gay adult Americans than are NOT self supporting.

As far as "caring" to be against it, no. As far as "caring" to be in favor of people being free to marry who they want (as long as the person is in the age of majority and it's not an incestuous relationship ) then yeah, i care about people's freedoms to do so. If I lived in NC, I would have definitely voted against that amendment.

What do you have against incest? The only reason there is a taboo against incest is the possibility of genetic issues. If the couple has no intention of producing offspring, what's the big deal if they want to marry each other and gain the same legal and civil rights as any other couple? How about the idea of family taking care of each other? You can't take care of your siblings if they are of majority age. That's bullshit, too.

You must care, or you wouldn't go to the trouble of making a thread. If there are 100 issues that are more important to you than same sex marriage why not start threads about them instead?

Just something to think about.

No actually I really don't care either way the reason I started the thread was because there is always a lot of talk about gay marriage so I was curious how many really do care about it or give it any serious thought. As for the the other 100 issues I will get around to them in time I'm pacing myself.

You said it all in that last sentence. New is, American Airlines is letting 13,000 people go.

If they get the tax write offs and the social financial benefits, yes, they need a piece of paper. It's not about LUV, luv. It's about money!

MEDICAL decisions, the human desire for respect, and love, play a large part.

What do you have against incest? The only reason there is a taboo against incest is the possibility of genetic issues. If the couple has no intention of producing offspring, what's the big deal if they want to marry each other and gain the same legal and civil rights as any other couple? How about the idea of family taking care of each other? You can't take care of your siblings if they are of majority age. That's bullshit, too.

The problem with your position is "no intention" ... yet it happens.

Just defending my state.
If your State is threatened/endangered by married Gay-couples.....don't you have to start wondering what's made your State so vulnerable/weak, in the first-place??

It really-does make your State sound kinda wimpy.

What....you're one o' those people who's (continually) worried-about "what the neighbors might say"???

Forum List

Back