Gay Cowboy Loses Everything When His Partner Dies

Kagom said:
Also, dmp, I am highly insulted by your 12 step program comment. That was rude and had no factual background. I may choose to engage in sexual conduct with people of my gender, but I don't choose to be attracted to them.

I do feel bad about you being insulted - honestly.
I'm attracted to people all the time. I'm attracted to my friends. A few are on this board. However, I don't confuse 'attraction' with 'I must have sex with you'. You're quite right - I believe it's not possible to choose those with whom you 'click' or feel 'attraction'. People who get involved in Homosexual conduct are doing so because they're missing something in their lives; guidance maybe? True Love (Agape)? I bet it is much easier to just 'Be' gay than to deal with issues which may have pushed you in that direction as an outlet for whatever was bothering you 'before'. I doubt psychologists will ever figure out why people embrace destructive (physically and spiritually/emotionally) behaviour. I really do hope you find your way out of your addiction.

I still say it's very possible for you to come out of your addiction and lead a healthier (physically and spiritually/emotionally) life free from the strain of your choice of behaviour.

Whether you believe this or not; I truly empathize with your struggle and I have a good idea what you may be going through, or went through before you 'gave in' to your urges.

dmp said:
I'm attracted to people all the time. I'm attracted to my friends. A few are on this board. However, I don't confuse 'attraction' with 'I must have sex with you'. You're quite right - I believe it's not possible to choose those with whom you 'click' or feel 'attraction'. People who get involved in Homosexual conduct are doing so because they're missing something in their lives; guidance maybe? True Love (Agape)? I bet it is much easier to just 'Be' gay than to deal with issues which may have pushed you in that direction as an outlet for whatever was bothering you 'before'. I doubt psychologists will ever figure out why people embrace destructive (physically and spiritually/emotionally) behaviour. I really do hope you find your way out of your addiction.

I still say it's very possible for you to come out of your addiction and lead a healthier (physically and spiritually/emotionally) life free from the strain of your choice of behaviour.
I'm sexually attracted to males, not females. I've tried to be, but it doesnt' do anything.

I don't feel like I'm in need of guidance. I did long ago, but now I have it. Being gay for me is not spiritually or emotionally destructive. I'm about as happy as the next heterosexual male.

As for your whole "addiction" word choice, I find it to be in poor taste. What do you honestly know about being gay? Live the life of a gay man for a week and you probably wouldn't be going "addiction" (I'm not actually challenging you to, but hypothetically if you were to be gay for a week).

jAZ said:
In fact I do disagree with them. I think we have discussed this already in my short time here, so there would in fact be some supporting evidence of this fact right on this site.

If you disagree with the liberal hate crime laws, then exactly on what basis do you justify that gay marriage/civil unions of the minority be pushed upon (i.e. "tolerated" by) the majority?

dmp said:

Whether you believe this or not; I truly empathize with your struggle and I have a good idea what you may be going through, or went through before you 'gave in' to your urges.

Do you honestly believe, with no doubt, that a person can be reprogrammed to the opposite of the sexual orientation they were born with? Do you really believe that you could be reprogrammed to be homosexual with some counseling?

Kagom said:
I'm sexually attracted to males, not females. I've tried to be, but it doesnt' do anything.

I don't feel like I'm in need of guidance. I did long ago, but now I have it. Being gay for me is not spiritually or emotionally destructive. I'm about as happy as the next heterosexual male.

As for your whole "addiction" word choice, I find it to be in poor taste. What do you honestly know about being gay? Live the life of a gay man for a week and you probably wouldn't be going "addiction" (I'm not actually challenging you to, but hypothetically if you were to be gay for a week).

I know a lot about being gay because I know a lot about people. See, the fundimental difference is this: I believe Gay IS as Gay Does. I have traits people would say makes me stereotypically gay: I'm very emotionally aware; I've been known to cry at movies; I have terrific fashion sense (but not the budget :(); I enjoy shopping; I hug just about everyone I know; Sometimes I even wonder what it would be like to be a woman.

I'm not gay because I don't and haven't participated in sex with another of my gender. Am I 'feminine'? By some guys' standards. Did I have a really good shot at falling into homosexuality? I'd say so. Older man - friend of the family...helping him w/ his from-home-printing-business...some time in his Dark room developing prints and such. I was never raped, but some things happened. Now, I'm not saying EVERY homosexual male was molested or messed-around-with growing up, but I'd bet if you and your other gay friends are honest, it'd be at least common. Couple that with my 'fabulous' sense of make-up and fashion, and there ya go.

I am not gay because I know how things work. Men were made for Women. I have too much sense of 'order' and 'right vs. wrong' to have allowed myself, while younger, to just assume "Hey! I like shopping and I feel a sense of attraction to another guy - I MUST be gay! Bring on the cock!"

Sorry for that last bit - was very crude I know...but it was funny to me. :)

I love you, brother, and really do wish you success - just know there IS more to life than giving into sexual urges - no matter HOW strong they feel. They aren't real - they aren't truth. Just as an alocholic needs to go thru a time of pain to clense him or herself from his/her addiction, sexual addiction can be treated.

- Darin

MissileMan said:
Do you honestly believe, with no doubt, that a person can be reprogrammed to the opposite of the sexual orientation they were born with? Do you really believe that you could be reprogrammed to be homosexual with some counseling?

Your question is flawed because there's no proof people are born with ANY sexual orientation. My son knows his penis is for going pee-pee. My daughter knows (whatever she and her mom call it) is for doing the same. There's NO thought about using those organs to express attraction, etc.

ScreamingEagle said:
If you disagree with the liberal hate crime laws, then exactly on what basis do you justify that gay marriage/civil unions of the minority be pushed upon (i.e. "tolerated" by) the majority?
The two have no impact upon each other. I'm not sure of your point.

dmp said:
I know a lot about being gay because I know a lot about people. See, the fundimental difference is this: I believe Gay IS as Gay Does. I have traits people would say makes me stereotypically gay: I'm very emotionally aware; I've been known to cry at movies; I have terrific fashion sense (but not the budget ); I enjoy shopping; I hug just about everyone I know; Sometimes I even wonder what it would be like to be a woman.

I'm not gay because I don't and haven't participated in sex with another of my gender. Am I 'feminine'? By some guys' standards. Did I have a really good shot at falling into homosexuality? I'd say so. Older man - friend of the family...helping him w/ his from-home-printing-business...some time in his Dark room developing prints and such. I was never raped, but some things happened. Now, I'm not saying EVERY homosexual male was molested or messed-around-with growing up, but I'd bet if you and your other gay friends are honest, it'd be at least common. Couple that with my 'fabulous' sense of make-up and fashion, and there ya go.

I am not gay because I know how things work. Men were made for Women. I have too much sense of 'order' and 'right vs. wrong' to have allowed myself, while younger, to just assume "Hey! I like shopping and I feel a sense of attraction to another guy - I MUST be gay! Bring on the cock!"

Sorry for that last bit - was very crude I know...but it was funny to me. :)

I love you, brother, and really do wish you success - just know there IS more to life than giving into sexual urges - no matter HOW strong they feel. They aren't real - they aren't truth. Just as an alocholic needs to go thru a time of pain to clense him or herself from his/her addiction, sexual addiction can be treated.

- Darin
I was definitely never molested or fooled around. It's just how I came out. I'm actually very much masculine in many senses of the word. Most people wouldn't know I was gay unless I told them, even then they typically don't believe me.

As for me, I've tried to get myself attracted to women. Went through prayer, God, self will, and even dating. It just didn't work for me. I don't pretend that it did or will.

Trust me, I know there's more to life than giving in to sexual urges. I reserve sex for boyfriends whom I have a deep connection with on an emotional and spiritual level. Sexual addiction in general is bad for both gays and hets alike.

Honestly, though you may feel you would know about gay because you follow the stereotypes (though that can't be helped) and you wonder what it'd be like to be a woman, that has nothing to do with being gay. It might be for some people, but not for the majority. As I said, I'm masculine. I like sports, though I'm not athletic due to many reasons. I enjoy action movies, horror movies, and mindless comedies. I make a lot of dirty jokes that I usually would never hear another gay person make (putting this in terms of a stereotypical gay male).

Kagom said:

As for me, I've tried to get myself attracted to women. Went through prayer, God, self will, and even dating. It just didn't work for me. I don't pretend that it did or will.

Bravo for you Kagom!

A very good friend of mine just “came out”, he’s 50 years old.
He’s happy as hell now; he says it was a miserable thing to have to hide all these years.

Mr. P said:
Bravo for you Kagom!

A very good friend of mine just “came out”, he’s 50 years old.
He’s happy as hell now; he says it was a miserable thing to have to hide all these years.

So---what took him so damn long? He's out, he's happy even proud. Now what ? Have a parade ? Whine cause enough money isn't spent curing AIDS ?
Whine because an entire church won't change for him?

Kagom said:
Don't be sorry! I still love my mom and respect her and the only thing I can do is just continue to be myself and try to help her out with life so she'll at least be more tolerant. I'm never gonna ask her to accept me because I know that she won't and that she is just set in her ways. She loves me in return and I continue to be the good son to show her that despite how we feel, I'm her son and I love her.

K, I hope that you and your mom work everything out. You seem like a sincere person, and you handle yourself well on the board. :)

Abbey Normal said:
K, I hope that you and your mom work everything out. You seem like a sincere person, and you handle yourself well on the board. :)
Thank you! ^.^

Currently she's had hip replacement, so I'm running the house for her while she's gone. I try to visit her when I can, though I haven't a few times either to conserve gas or because I'm not that adapt at trying to drive in the snow yet.

Kagom said:
Trust me, I know there's more to life than giving in to sexual urges.

I'm sorry, but I believe I've just read an oxymoron. I don't think I could "trust" anyone that has sex with his/her natural sexual double. There is absolutely nothing on your body that is naturaly and/or physically accommodating for the same sex. To think there is, or to engage in, a sex act with the same sex is sick, perverse, and disgusting. And to call it "gay" is utterly rediculous.

I think homosexuals should seek help. Just as alcoholics have an extremely hard time even ADMITTING they have a problem, the first step in getting the needed help is admitting there is a problem. Homo's need to first admit they have a problem before anyone/anything can help them.

Now before you go bullistic Kagom, take a deep breath and realize this is just my opinion. You have been giving your's, and now you know mine. And just to point out, my opinion echo's the majority of people's, including many others here, but who are usually afraid to voice it because of the attacks made against them by queers seeking to shout them down, demonize them, and ultimately silence them.

I've gotta agree with Pale on this one. The first one admits there is a problem, the easier it is to fix it. Argue that it's not a problem all you want, but I'm a Christian, and, as such, believe homosexuality to be a sin. So, to be fair, I'll just let you know now that nothing can convince me otherwise short of God himself.

dilloduck said:
So---what took him so damn long? He's out, he's happy even proud. Now what ? Have a parade ? Whine cause enough money isn't spent curing AIDS ?
Whine because an entire church won't change for him?
Obviously whining has nothing to do with sexual preference.

Hobbit said:
I've gotta agree with Pale on this one. The first one admits there is a problem, the easier it is to fix it. Argue that it's not a problem all you want, but I'm a Christian, and, as such, believe homosexuality to be a sin. So, to be fair, I'll just let you know now that nothing can convince me otherwise short of God himself.
I'd make sure that you, yourself, don't engage in gay sex, and you should he pretty well set. I don't have any problem with you holding objections to the lifestyle personally.

It's the "I don't want to have to see it" bitching, that is absurd, IMO. I don't think Bible has anything to do with that kind of bitching.

Pale Rider said:
I'm sorry, but I believe I've just read an oxymoron. I don't think I could "trust" anyone that has sex with his/her natural sexual double. There is absolutely nothing on your body that is naturaly and/or physically accommodating for the same sex. To think there is, or to engage in, a sex act with the same sex is sick, perverse, and disgusting. And to call it "gay" is utterly rediculous.

I think homosexuals should seek help. Just as alcoholics have an extremely hard time even ADMITTING they have a problem, the first step in getting the needed help is admitting there is a problem. Homo's need to first admit they have a problem before anyone/anything can help them.

Now before you go bullistic Kagom, take a deep breath and realize this is just my opinion. You have been giving your's, and now you know mine. And just to point out, my opinion echo's the majority of people's, including many others here, but who are usually afraid to voice it because of the attacks made against them by queers seeking to shout them down, demonize them, and ultimately silence them.
First off, have I gone ballistic yet? ;)

Second, you don't have to trust someone who engages in sexual conduct with a person of the same sex, that's your prerogative.

Third, I used to think a lot like you when I was closeted. So I do understand where you and Hobbit and the others are coming from.

Fourth, I am aware of the majority's thought. I don't agree with it and think they are wrong. That's my opinion and I treasure it like you treasure your own.

Finally, why do we get upset and try to silence them? Because they are hurtful and we feel that they are typically untrue and an attempt to make us look bad when we're not as we're stereotyped.

Between us, I'm very much Christian friendly. I'd estimate 90% of my friends are Christian or of an Abrahamic faith. I agree with some Christian beliefs and a lot I don't. I used to be Christian and I used to be a cloested gay. So I retain a few characteristics from my days as a Christian.

Forum List

Back