Gay Couple Says Waitress Told Them 'We Don't Serve Fags Here'

Paternalism is the a fact of social conservatism: I know better for you, and you should do as I told you so. Praise Jesus!

>

Just to be clear, it's Texas, there is no governing law. If the owner doesn't want them to be served in their establishment - they are fully within their power to do so.

>>>>

I smell a set up. The couple had probably "heard" about the place, so they went in with the intent to purposely "act up" a bit in order to be thrown out, or told not to return. They'll now file a lawsuit claiming discrimination, hoping to either get money or get the placed closed down or both.
Oh, if only those fudge packers had tried that at a Mafia-connected restaurant...

This would also be one of those rare alignments of the stars where having Muslim Fundamentalist management would do just as well...

If it was mafia the two would be sporting concrete galoshes right about now, and being nibbled on by the local fishery.

Maybe he is Playing chess, not checkers.

If I do not wish to associate with fags or serve them...that is my right. I wouldn't ever run my business that way, green is green. But if you start acting like monkeys whose whole existence is defined by who you do the vertical joyride with... You gotta go.

Fags & lesbians are only making themselves look bad pulling stunts like these.

That should apply to all customers, though I disagree that businesses may have "no gays" OR "no straights" policies. Public businesses that is; private clubs are a different matter. Perhaps had the owner's daughter simply asked them to refrain from touching their legs together, it would easier for me to defend the owner. Of course he made a videotape, which KLTV was not allowed to view. If the behavior was truly offensive, why not show the evidence he admittedly has?

Then it is his own loss, if he chooses to play games, rather than apologize for his child's "mistake". Like Donald Sterling, he may just dig himself in deeper by being obstinate. (I knew of a man that took cushions off the seats at his lunch counter to prevent those of African descent from sitting at the lunch counter. Not only did the business go downhill, an elderly woman, of the ethnic group he preferred, was injured by one of the metal stands that he neglected to remove. She may have shared his racist views, I do not know, she sued regardless. )

Last edited:
Straight couple kissing.....nothing

Gay couple kissing..."OMIGOD! THEY'RE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!"

Straight couple holding hands...nothing

Gay couple holding hands...."OMIGOD! THEY'RE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!"

Straight couple playing footsie under the table...nothing

Gay couple playing footsie under the table..."OMIGOD! THEY'RE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!"

Straight couple gets ready to leave restaurant...nothing

Gay couple get ready to leave restaurant...."We don't like gays...don't come back."

Gay couple looks at restaurant owner like he's from the 18th century, or from Iran.

Restaurant owner complains.."OMIGOD! THEY LOOKED AT ME LIKE A POSSUM!"

Texas....what fun!:eusa_clap:

It's not illegal (yet anyway) to not like gay people or their activity.

Now of course today it IS illegal to not serve them, and I'm certain that was the whole reason these two were in this place to begin with.

Gay couple playing footsie under the table..."OMIGOD! THEY'RE SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS!"

Gay couple get ready to leave restaurant...."We don't like gays...don't come back."

Gay couple looks at restaurant owner like he's from the 18th century, or from Iran.

Now of course today it IS illegal to not serve them, and I'm certain that was the whole reason these two were in this place to begin with.

Don't mind not being liked...as long as you don't mind being called a hypocrite if you behave like my scenerio above.

I smell a set up. The couple had probably "heard" about the place, so they went in with the intent to purposely "act up" a bit in order to be thrown out, or told not to return. They'll now file a lawsuit claiming discrimination, hoping to either get money or get the placed closed down or both.
Oh, if only those fudge packers had tried that at a Mafia-connected restaurant...

This would also be one of those rare alignments of the stars where having Muslim Fundamentalist management would do just as well...

If it was mafia the two would be sporting concrete galoshes right about now, and being nibbled on by the local fishery.

Why?

It looks like it was far more than a couple of gay guys out for breakfast. From the description it was a full scale floor show.

Yes, well putting your hand on another mans leg really shows you are going to tear of each others clothes and screw right there on the floor, eh?

Then you would be wrong on that certainty as it is NOT illegal to refuse to serve homosexuals in Texas, they don't have a Public Accommodation law. Owners can refuse to serve Blacks or Asians, Christian or Jew, Mexican or Russian, Straight or Gay.

>>>>

There is no question of not serving these two. They were most certainly served. They were just told not to come back.

It looks like it was far more than a couple of gay guys out for breakfast. From the description it was a full scale floor show.

Yes, well putting your hand on another mans leg really shows you are going to tear of each others clothes and screw right there on the floor, eh?

I doubt it was just putting a hand on a leg.

You may doubt...but that is what the linked article says. Now....feel free to prove elsewise.

Then you would be wrong on that certainty as it is NOT illegal to refuse to serve homosexuals in Texas, they don't have a Public Accommodation law. Owners can refuse to serve Blacks or Asians, Christian or Jew, Mexican or Russian, Straight or Gay.

>>>>

That is very true...that's why there has been no talk of suing that I have seen anywhere. Have you?

Of course, as you and I know....this does not protect them from the court of public opinion....:D

They can't sue. They weren't denied service. They got served. They were told not to come back. They didn't go back and was refused service. They could go back six times get served and told not to come back every time.

It is a shame that those who do not like gays have to define their dislike with an in your face attitude and exhibitionism.

Do you think the couple was acting out in defiance to make a political statement?

Well, it seems that most of them are out to do things like that. Bakers in Oregon, Photographers in Arizona, Phil Robertson, the Bentham (spelling?) Brothers. Yeah. If you don't support homosexuality or homosexuals, you're a likely target...

What really gets me is how people try to make a spectacle out of it.

Forum List

Back