Gawd Bless Tax Havens.

So if corporations are not "paying" taxing and you then you change the lsaw so they are - you are raising taxres on people who buy from the corporation

All costs of doing business are priced into the price of their goods and services including taxes on their profit

You're retarded.

I say this because you are doing what you do best, argueing something other than what the thread is about.

The problem is corporations are NOT paying taxes.

and your changing it, Framing the issue, (republican propaganda tactic) into Raising taxes.

That is retarded.

I say this because you are doing what you do best, argueing something other than what the thread is about.

The problem is corporations are NOT paying taxes.

and your changing it Framing the issue, (republican propaganda tactic) into Raising taxes.

That is retarded.

So by changing tax laws and thus imposing more taxes on corporations - do you think those corporations will happily hand over moey to the government WITHOUT raising their prices?

So by changing tax laws and thus imposing more taxes on corporations - do you think those corporations will happily hand over moey to the government WITHOUT raising their prices?

No one is imposing MORE taxes on corporations, they SHOULD ALREADY be paying these taxes,

They arent paying what they should, they are circumventing taxes by using offshore taxhavens.

Corporations are saying "I dont want to pay taxes that everyone else has to pay, so im gonna put my money over here where you cant get it. fuck you america."

and you support them.

Any changes to the tax laws would be to fill in the gaps the corporations have taken advantage of to avoid paying the US government what they should.
there is NO increase in their taxes,

what your saying is that if a company goes from PAYING taxes, to NOT PAYING taxes, and the government tries to make them pay taxes again, that is raising taxes?

There is imposing MORE taxes on corporations, they SHOULD ALREADY be paying these taxes,

They arent paying what they should, they are circumventing taxes by using offshore taxhavens.

Corporations are saying "I dont want to pay taxes that everyone else has to pay, so im gonna put my money over here where you cant get it. fuck you america."

and you support them.

Corporations do not pay taxes ever - they are passed on to their customers

This same fact pertains to oil companies. If libs were able to impose a windfall profit tax - oil companies would simply raise the price of gas to cover the added expense

If you change the tax laws as you wish the companies will raise their prices, layoff employess, or find other ways to cover the additional cost

Corporations do not pay taxes ever - they are passed on to their customers

This same fact pertains to oil companies. If libs were able to impose a windfall profit tax - oil companies would simply raise the price of gas to cover the added expense

If you change the tax laws as you wish the companies will raise their prices, layoff employess, or find other ways to cover the additional cost

If this were in fact true, which it is NOT, why would TaxHavens exist at all?

Right from the start I have provided you with links and valid points, and you are somehow under the impression that Corporations dont pay taxes ever?

Go and visit the Links.

I restate what I said above.

You're Retarded/Republican

As I stated since you cannot counter basic Economics 101 - you fall back on what liberals do best - personal insults

Do you honestly think if corporations have to pay more in taxes they will not raise prices or layoff workers to cover the expense?

If this were in fact true, which it is NOT, why would TaxHavens exist at all?

Right from the start I have provided you with links and valid points, and you are somehow under the impression that Corporations dont pay taxes ever?

Go and visit the Links.

So they can compete and increase their profits

That is what businesses are in business for - to make as much profit as possible

have to pay more in taxes they will not raise prices or layoff workers to cover the expense?

Tax Havens exist so corporations DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TAXES, Taxes that EVERY CORPORATION BY LAW SHOULD BE PAYING, Corporations abuse the existence of tax havens in order TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.

This has nothing to do with paying MORE taxes, or lay-offs, it has to do with corporations NOT PAYING ANY TAXES AT ALL.

A number of corporations are getting away with paying NO TAXES WHAT SO EVER.

how do you not understand this?

How can i make this any more clear?

I think common sense needs to be applied here. Corportations should NOT be taxed to death, but they need to pay their fair share, in that regard, corporate welfare, and off shore accounts, need to stop. On the other, hand the tax system needs to be over hauled, and simplified, and if that is done, I think a more fair and equitable tax program can be carried out. This problem can be solved.

My personal opinion is, that making a profit is not un-ethical but being greedy is. Using legal or illegal ways to not pay your fair share of taxes is immoral, and sometimes immoral in my judgment is worse then illegal, in terms on long term consequences. You can legally, treat your workers like crap, a.k.a. walmart, but your public image will take a hit. My point, just because economics 101, dictates something will happen, doesnt neccesary make it right. To be fair, i am not an economics expert, so I dont neccesary claim its wrong either.

But This is a very slippery slope too, we need the government to not abuse its power, to NOT over-regulatate or over-tax businesses.

Tax Havens exist so corporations DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TAXES, Taxes that EVERY CORPORATION BY LAW SHOULD BE PAYING, Corporations abuse the existence of tax havens in order TO AVOID PAYING TAXES.

This has nothing to do with paying MORE taxes, or lay-offs, it has to do with corporations NOT PAYING ANY TAXES AT ALL.

A number of corporations are getting away with paying NO TAXES WHAT SO EVER.

how do you not understand this?

How can i make this any more clear?

So if you are running a business, and your cost of doing business increases (closing the loopholes you want) you are simply going to hand over the money and not attempt to recover the expense?

You will not raise your prices, or reduce labor costs?

If not you will not be in business for long

Taxes are figured into the prices companies charge - if you change the law and increase their expenses they wikll pass those costs onto us

It amounts to another tax increase on the public

I think common sense needs to be applied here. Corportations should NOT be taxed to death, but they need to pay their fair share, in that regard, corporate welfare, and off shore accounts, need to stop. On the other, hand the tax system needs to be over hauled, and simplified, and if that is done, I think a more fair and equitable tax program can be carried out. This problem can be solved.

My personal opinion is, that making a profit is not un-ethical but being greedy is. Using legal or illegal ways to not pay your fair share of taxes is immoral, and sometimes immoral in my judgment is worse then illegal, in terms on long term consequences. You can legally, treat your workers like crap, a.k.a. walmart, but your public image will take a hit. My point, just because economics 101, dictates something will happen, doesnt neccesary make it right. To be fair, i am not an economics expert, so I dont neccesary claim its wrong either.

But This is a very slippery slope too, we need the government to not abuse its power, to NOT over-regulatate or over-tax businesses.

My point is, corporations are not paying the taxes they currently pay - thier customers are. When you buy something at any store the cost of doing business in priced into that item

If Dems increase that cost (through changing tax laws) you will see the prices increase or labor costs reduced.

Companies will find a way to cover the added expense

Companies will find a way to cover the added expense

Its not an added expense.

The customers pay the company,

the customers pay TAXES to the company,

taxes that are figured into the cost of the "service" and the Corporation

KEEPS ALL THE MONEY IN AN OFFSHORE TAX HAVENS.

THEY DONT PAY THE TAXES.

:eusa_wall:

Its not an added expense.

The customers pay the company,

the customers pay TAXES to the company,

taxes that are figured into the cost of the "service" and the Corporation

KEEPS ALL THE MONEY IN AN OFFSHORE TAX HAVENS.

THEY DONT PAY THE TAXES.

:eusa_wall:

How are they already figured in if you close the loopholes and then the companies have to pay more taxes?

Prices will have to gp up to cover the new taxes the government wants

Are you saying prices already have those taxes figured in?

What is so hard for libs to understand basic economics?

My point is, corporations are not paying the taxes they currently pay - thier customers are. When you buy something at any store the cost of doing business in priced into that itemIf Dems increase that cost (through changing tax laws) you will see the prices increase or labor costs reduced.

Customers pay taxes to the company, If you buy a shirt, its costs X + TAX, the Corporation takes all the money (X + TAX) and moves it into Off Shore Tax Havens, and keeps all the money.

by doing this they avoid paying taxes. that the customer paid.

Its not about Democrats or Republicans, Its not about raising taxes, or layoffs, its about money, and companies not paying taxes on their profits.

Customers pay taxes to the company, If you buy a shirt, its costs X + TAX, the Corporation takes all the money (X + TAX) and moves it into Off Shore Tax Havens, and keeps all the money.

by doing this they avoid paying taxes. that the customer paid.

Its not about Democrats or Republicans, Its not about raising taxes, or layoffs, its about money, and companies not paying taxes on their profits.

$71.9 billion from corporations and you are not happy? BTW that was much higher then the last year

US Treasury Sets New 1-Day Tax Receipt Record Of $85.8 Billion
Tuesday September 19th, 2006 / 0h04

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- The U.S. government recorded record-high overall and corporate tax receipts on Sept. 15, which was a quarterly deadline for tax payments, the Treasury said Monday.
Total tax receipts were $85.8 billion on Friday, compared with the previous one-day record of $71 billion on Sept. 15 of last year, the Treasury said.
Within the overall figure, corporate tax receipts Friday were $71.8 billion, up from $63 billion in September of last year.
Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance Randal Quarles said Friday's numbers provided a "continuing demonstration of the strength of the U.S. economy."
"In fact, Friday's gross receipts were the largest in a single day in the nation's history - 20% higher than receipts on the same quarterly tax payment date last year," Quarles said in a statement.
-By Benton Ives-Halperin, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9255; [email protected]

Forum List

Back