Gas went from 3.61 to 3.99 withing minutes.

A station near me was $ 3.73 yesterday afternoon $ 3.83 this morning I wouldn't be surprised if it's $ 4.00 dollars by Friday if prices stay this high or higher this will be a major problem for Obama.

Obumba can't do anything about it!
:D

Thanks for admitting that the POTUS or his policies don't set gas prices. I'm glad you find it amusing. I'm quite amused at the stupidity coming from the wingnuts.

Are these the wingnuts you refer too?

Gas Too High?
Impeach-Bush-Cheney.com
Sign the Petition!

Gas prices averaged $1.15 under Bill Clinton -prices have more than doubled under Bush-Cheney - to $2.65 and climbing.
Bush's energy plan will raise gas prices more!
Bush lied about cheap oil from Iraq - and now he's planning Oil War 2 against Iran!
Bush-Cheney love high gas prices because they and their friends are oil millionaires!
High gas prices are crushing America's families - and America's economy.
George Bush could reduce gas prices immediately if he wanted:
* Draw down oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to reduce oil prices
* Cut gas taxes and restore estate taxes on the wealthy
* Demand more production by his former business partners in Saudi Arabia and OPEC
* End price rigging by gas refineries
* Pull out of Iraq to end anti-U.S. sabotage of Iraqi oil supplies
* End tax giveaways for gas guzzlers
* Give drivers large rebates to trade in gas guzzlers for hybrids
* Demand significantly more fuel-efficient cars from manufacturers
Bush refuses to do any of these things. Instead he forced Congress to pass an Energy Bill that will increase gas prices by 3-8 cents!
Why won't Bush help American consumers? Because Bush is loyal to Big Oil and Saudi Arabia - not the American people.
America cannot afford four more years of skyrocketing gas prices.
America cannot afford four more years of George Bush.
It's time for a change.

Impeach-Bush-Cheney.com
Sign the Petition!

Gas Prices | Democrats.com

What "truth"? The truth that neither of you know how to read a chart? Because that one is pretty obvious.

I tell you what I'll do I will give you 1 sterling pound and you give me 2008 us. dollar value.

Why would I do that? When I exchanged the pound back in to dollars (without consider exchange costs for the sake of this discussion), I would get less money back because the value of the pound relative to the dollar has fallen.

What "truth"? The truth that neither of you know how to read a chart? Because that one is pretty obvious.

I tell you what I'll do I will give you 1 sterling pound and you give me 2008 us. dollar value.

Why would I do that? When I exchanged the pound back in to dollars (without consider exchange costs for the sake of this discussion), I would get less money back because the value of the pound relative to the dollar has fallen.

Nope that's not how it works the exchange is done between you and me no one else.
For every sterling pound I give you you have to give me the 2008 us. dollar value in return.

Why would I do that? The 2008 dollar value I'm giving you is greater than the value of a pound today.

Average gas prices top $4 a gallon in 7 states | The Town Talk | thetowntalk.com

The average prices Sunday, according to FuelGaugeReport.com, were above $4 in Alaska ($4.29), California ($4.32), Connecticut ($4.32), Hawaii ($4.53), Illinois ($4.26), New York ($4.04), Washington ($4.06). It also was above $4 a gallon in Washington, D.C., at $4.13.

The price in Louisiana on Sunday was comparatively low at $3.74. (A month ago in Louisiana the average price was $3.53; a year ago it was $3.44.)

The lowest average gas prices Sunday were in the midcontinent region, led by Wyoming ($3.48) and Montana ($3.61).

You would have to give more dollars to get a pound in 2008 than you do today. That means the dollar is stronger. Just like only having to give 50 cents for a pack of gum would mean a more valuable currency relative to paying a dollar for the same pack.

You would have to give more dollars to get a pound in 2008 than you do today. That means the dollar is stronger. Just like only having to give 50 cents for a pack of gum would mean a more valuable currency relative to paying a dollar for the same pack.

1 pound equal 2 dollars and some change in 2008
1 pound equals 1 and 50 odd cent in 2012

Right, which means the dollar is worth more today than it was in 2008.

If you have to double up to equal one what is the greater value?
2 American dollars equal one pound.

Let me ask you this which is heavier a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

Obumba can't do anything about it!
:D

Thanks for admitting that the POTUS or his policies don't set gas prices. I'm glad you find it amusing. I'm quite amused at the stupidity coming from the wingnuts.

Are these the wingnuts you refer too?

Gas Too High?
Impeach-Bush-Cheney.com
Sign the Petition!

Gas prices averaged $1.15 under Bill Clinton -prices have more than doubled under Bush-Cheney - to $2.65 and climbing.
Bush's energy plan will raise gas prices more!
Bush lied about cheap oil from Iraq - and now he's planning Oil War 2 against Iran!
Bush-Cheney love high gas prices because they and their friends are oil millionaires!
High gas prices are crushing America's families - and America's economy.
George Bush could reduce gas prices immediately if he wanted:
* Draw down oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to reduce oil prices
* Cut gas taxes and restore estate taxes on the wealthy
* Demand more production by his former business partners in Saudi Arabia and OPEC
* Pull out of Iraq to end anti-U.S. sabotage of Iraqi oil supplies
* End tax giveaways for gas guzzlers
* Demand significantly more fuel-efficient cars from manufacturers
Bush refuses to do any of these things. Instead he forced Congress to pass an Energy Bill that will increase gas prices by 3-8 cents!
Why won't Bush help American consumers? Because Bush is loyal to Big Oil and Saudi Arabia - not the American people.
America cannot afford four more years of skyrocketing gas prices.
America cannot afford four more years of George Bush.
It's time for a change.

Impeach-Bush-Cheney.com
Sign the Petition!

Gas Prices | Democrats.com

Well, those guys were also idiots. Partisan extremists often are.

They did have 2 good points though:

and

Refineries are the obvious problem at the moment, as oil companies have been shutting them down on purpose to create a hoke point, thus driving up the price.

And the cash rebates to turn in gas guzzlers for better fuel usage cars certainly did lower demand in the US.

Average gas prices top $4 a gallon in 7 states | The Town Talk | thetowntalk.com

The average prices Sunday, according to FuelGaugeReport.com, were above $4 in Alaska ($4.29), California ($4.32), Connecticut ($4.32), Hawaii ($4.53), Illinois ($4.26), New York ($4.04), Washington ($4.06). It also was above $4 a gallon in Washington, D.C., at $4.13.

The price in Louisiana on Sunday was comparatively low at $3.74. (A month ago in Louisiana the average price was $3.53; a year ago it was $3.44.)

The lowest average gas prices Sunday were in the midcontinent region, led by Wyoming ($3.48) and Montana ($3.61).

Notice the locations where the price is lowest are where refineries are pumping plenty, and the locations where the price is highest are where refineries have been shut down.

And this proves that your original assertion was wrong.

You're trying to change the topic. We've been talking about the relative value of the dollar, not some abstraction of absolute value.

gas is $3.90.99 per gallon here, we'll remember that on our way to the polls,, we're placing bets now on how high obama will let it go.. before he buys his fart powered car..

Forum List

Back