Discussion in 'Energy' started by JimH52, Apr 21, 2011.
High gasoline prices prompt Justice Department to eye energy industry - CNN.com
This is a start...
A start towards what end?
And what's this- the 6th or 7th "investigation" over the last 20 years?
Here's a clue as to where they should start their "investigation": The Oval Office.
OPEC has been jerking us around since the 70s. I also think that anyone who bids on crude should be able to take delivery. A very small percentage of the people that are bidding up the price are actually able to take delivery.
A start of what? The apocalypse? Utopia? Free money for everyone?
If OPEC was responsible for this, which is highly debatable, there would be nothing the DOJ could do about it.
Are Federal and State Taxes by Volume or the Dollar? Just curious.
PETROLEUM FACTS AT A GLANCE – March 2011
1. U.S. petroleum imports (crude & products) in February 2011: 10,565,000 barrels per
day (February 2010: 11,148,000 b/d). [API]
2. Total imports in February 2011 as a percentage of total domestic petroleum
deliveries: 53.6 percent (February 2010: 59.1 percent). [API]
3. Persian Gulf petroleum imports in December 2010 as a percentage of total imports:
14.1 percent (December 2010: 16.2 percent). [DOE]
4. Average price for a barrel of OPEC crude oil for the week ending March 4, 2011:
5. Average U.S. refiner acquisition cost in December 2010 for a barrel of crude oil:
6. U.S. crude oil production in February 2011: 5,428,000 b/d (of which 645,000 b/d was
Alaskan) (February 2010: 5,514,000 b/d). U.S. production of natural gas liquids in
February 2011: 2,063,000 b/d (February 2010: 1,979,000 b/d). [API]
7. U.S. marketed natural gas production in December 2010: 63.8 billion cubic feet per
day (December 2009: 58.1 billion cf/d). [DOE]
8. U.S. deliveries from primary storage of motor gasoline in February 2011: 9,014,000
b/d (February 2010: 8,651,000 b/d). [API]
9. U.S. deliveries from primary storage of distillate fuel oil (home heating and diesel) in
February 2011: 4,015,000 b/d (February 2010: 3,866,000 b/d). [API]
10. Total petroleum products delivered to the domestic market in February 2011:
19,691,000 b/d (February 2010: 18,860,000 b/d). [API]
11. Average active rotary drilling rigs in the U.S. as of March 7, 2011: 1,718 (all-time
high of 4,530 announced 12/28/81; record low of 488 announced 4/23/99). (2010
average: 1,541) [Baker Hughes Inc., Houston]
They should actually start with the Federal Reserve, and they could probably end there too. Of course they're just going to be investigating "speculators."
Exactly. It's a Distraction. Obama is still in campaign mode.
Start of a stawman for Obama to use while he remains in campaign mode toward his vowed 1 Billion dollar Campaign mark...
Separate names with a comma.