Gas dryer stopped getting hot

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A few months back, and I called this local company to come check it out. Turns out it was a high heat protection fuse that had blown. They fixed it for 120 something dollars. Ok, now a few weeks back it stopped getting hot again. I called the same bunch and of course you have to schedule a visit and they were booked up for a month. They got here and took it back apart and the the kid said the ignitor solenoids or something was bad and he had to order the parts.

Ok, a different guy came out this time, the same guy from the first visit and he put the parts on and that didn't fix it. So he messed around and found the actual bad part and he had it in stock and fixed it. I guess the kid needs more time on the job. Anyway he told me they would have the bill ready Monday and on Monday I called them and they don't know who I am. I tell them what all happened and she said the would have the bill Friday. Friday I call and it's like they don't know anything, but she would find out. I still haven't heard from them so I'm not gonna bother calling them any more. I sure didn't run my business like that.

A few months back, and I called this local company to come check it out. Turns out it was a high heat protection fuse that had blown. They fixed it for 120 something dollars. Ok, now a few weeks back it stopped getting hot again. I called the same bunch and of course you have to schedule a visit and they were booked up for a month. They got here and took it back apart and the the kid said the ignitor solenoids or something was bad and he had to order the parts.

Ok, a different guy came out this time, the same guy from the first visit and he put the parts on and that didn't fix it. So he messed around and found the actual bad part and he had it in stock and fixed it. I guess the kid needs more time on the job. Anyway he told me they would have the bill ready Monday and on Monday I called them and they don't know who I am. I tell them what all happened and she said the would have the bill Friday. Friday I call and it's like they don't know anything, but she would find out. I still haven't heard from them so I'm not gonna bother calling them any more. I sure didn't run my business like that.

I did ... I bust someone's jaw for $120 to fix something ... I'm going to fix it ... no matter how many trips or parts it takes ...

As a maintenance kind of guy ... my first thought was the dryer is getting old ... all these parts were, in fact, broken ... putting a new parts in then breaks the old failing parts ... are you living in the Southern Hemisphere or something? ... because it's summer here in the Northern Hemisphere and clothes dry on their own ...

OMG! As an employer, my employees work so well because they know and appreciate that I am always ready to accept accountability for whatever goes wrong and they admire me for that! That's the American business model. The good employer simply doesn't keep employees who will not adopt that ethic as their own.

They say the fish rots from the head down.

Yeah lol. I've only seen electric dryers my entire life. That has to be expensive to run, no? Dangerous too.
Not really expensive, as natural gas is cheap. as far as dangerous, it's got protection fuses that blow if it gets too hot. That's what happened the first time it went out. It blew because it was dirty inside. They cleaned it out.

Gas is generally cheaper than electricity. When I put an addition on my house 5 years ago I didn't even want an 220v electrical outlet but realized the next owner might use an electric dryer.

When I re-wired my home, I included four extra wires rated for 220 ... just in case ... sold the place to an electrician ... he said that definitely caught his eye ...

OMG! As an employer, my employees work so well because they know and appreciate that I am always ready to accept accountability for whatever goes wrong and they admire me for that! That's the American business model. The good employer simply doesn't keep employees who will not adopt that ethic as their own.

Indeed. This should be applied to government, agencies etc. Word of mouth impacts a business as well as a society and it's apparatuses. Some don't care and those businesses are playing with fire. It costs 7x more to attract a new customer than it costs to keep an existing one. I suppose in their industry they figure it is usually only once they work with a customer anything beyond that means they didn't correct the issue.

Last edited:

I think the problem is the type of gas you use.

Indeed. This should be applied to government, agencies etc. Word of nouth impacts a business as well as a society and it's apparatuses. Some don't care and those businesses are playing with fire. It costs 7x more to attract a new customer than it costs to keep an existing one. I suppose in their industry they figure it is usually only once they work with a customer anything beyond that means they didn't correct the issue.

Thank you.

My dryer stopped working and the store came and picked it up and took it to their shop to fix it.... so I was without a dryer for two months... I just hung all my clothes outside on a line that I strung up...
My shirts and clothes smelled so good that even though my dryer is back and working on nice days I still hang some things outside to dry....

Just curious. What type of business are you in and how many employees?

Forum List

Back