Johnson Gary Johnson Message to the Bernsters..

Discussion in 'Gary Johnson' started by flacaltenn, Jul 13, 2016.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    What put New Mexico in debt was the same Pension bomb that was planted in the 70s and 80s. Had nothing to do with discretionary operation of the states. For comparison how about that Republican Governor of Texas that got elected same time Johnson did..

[​IMG]

U know HIS name?

Or the Republican governor up in Wisc during that period with a Dem legislature ?

[​IMG]

You know damn well that Pension debt which is the BULK of these graphs was untouchable until it reached CRISIS proportions and a few like Scott Walker had to force a new deal..

And the conviction to do some of the things that YOUR parties have only jawwed about for decades is actually there. Like ending Corporate subsidies for stuff they make anyway. A policy that BOTH Dems and Reps secretly love., The Dems are SHOCKED when GE pays no taxes, but they helped create those tax breaks. and Republicans will never EVER bring it up..

Same with immigration actually. Could END Mexican immigration TODAY if the CURRENT law was enforced. All you have to do is insist that folks NOT BE HIRED without immigration status. There is even a system to CHECK that. They all go home. OR -- as Johnson proposes -- start CONTROLLING and issuing work visas to limit the number remaining. Allow the states input as to the amount of "guest workers" their economies can handle.

THOSE will never get fixed under Dem/Rep leadership.. They CREATE the problems and just talk smack about fixing anything. It's not hard -- you just need consistent principles of smaller govt and less social legislation..

2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,246
    Asset forfeiture was ended by Oblama at the federal level..

3. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,352

Neither Johnson (or you) can accurately describe what a libertarian is.

Johnson is so dull he actually believes it's being "fiscally conservative and socially liberal"....:rofl:

4. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    Of course we can and do. You should pay attention when it happens. There is nothing difficult about concept actually. If you value FREEDOM -- it shouldn't be restricted to being free to act and speak or just restricted to your economics and your wallet. Best role of GOVT in that situation is to be Fiscally responsible and preserve PERSONAL economic choices. Same deal on the Social Side.

[​IMG]

5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    Better chart that doesn't confine just the Economic classifications..

[​IMG]

6. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    I doubt it's totally ended. First thing the Feds DO in a raid -- is confiscate all your stuff. Only has to have suspicion of being connected to the crime. THat includes money, jewelry, your comic book collection, etc.

7. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist / Universalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,101
    Dear flacaltenn
    Is there enough support around you, even 2-3 who believe enough in Constitutional reform, to form a vocal coalition of mixed party members to write and lobby for a PETITION to Electors and Electoral College to vote proportional ly. To split their votes even by abstention so each state reflects the party beliefs of their populations and not just the majority party.

RWS has asked what do we do next and frigidweirdo has endorsed proportional representation. Are there enough USMB members from censored parties to argue we are being discriminated against by creed by a dominant party that abuses govt to pass biased Political Beliefs that are equally faith based as religious beliefs, and we ask help to sue if we are further censored from the free exercise of our beliefs which should be protected equally instead of govt endorsing and enabling one party's beliefs over other citizens of other affiliations and creed. Would this trigger a class action lawsuit if the vote isn't split in December to throw the vote into the House where we can exercise equal representation by party

8. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    We're happy to just take advantage of the 10 to 15% of the House/Senate seats that the 2 name brand parties leave UNcontested every election. They have colluded to abandon losing races in heavily slanted districts/states. This act of arrogance and cynicism leaves ALL of their minority voters in those contests disenfranchised. Best way to get "proportions" is to run in those contests. BUT --- those are exact contests where we are running against a long-time powerful incumbent who has no competition. So it's the harder thing than winning 3 way races against NON-incumbents.

Other than considering a "none of the above" feature for elections like this -- that could force parties to put up their "2nd string" slates after an initial public vote, I'm not really in favor of going near the Constitutional and legal processes. The 2 parties have farted around with "open primaries" and "top 2" primaries and that just mucks up the CLARITY of choosing candidates..

FIRST and foremost -- things have to get bad enough so that people are not voting out of fear and ONLY to win. They need to voting for HUMBLE public servants who have principles and solutions. And until they stop whining about wasting their votes --- while they are wasting their votes -- we'll be a sane an rational choice on most ballots.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,471
    I took a test just recently, and it showed that I was a left leaning libertarian. However, every other test I've taken showed that I was a centrist. I am pretty much left leaning when it comes to most social issues. I side with the right when it comes to immigration, 2nd amendment rights, and taxing the people (whether they be rich, poor or middle class) more. Actually, I probably side with the TEA party on the taxes issue. Taxed Enough Already!

10. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,876
    Well then I think I like you !!! :eusa_clap: Libertarians are full 2nd amendment. Actually recognize the Constitutional role in immigration.. And if you have still have a innate distrust of concentrated political power -- you MIGHT BE -- a libertarian. Go read some Kat Timpf in Nat Review or watch Kennedy do her show on Fox Biz. Spend some time on the ReasonMagazine blog on the web.. I think you'd bond a bit with their beliefs.