Garage monkeys

I'm a car nut in terms of looks and maintenance but not a gearhead with a hand molded around a wrench, so major work is farmed to a garage I deal with. But I take care of minor stuff like oil changes, bulb/lamp replacements, etc., but I'm totally anal about oil, tire care, wipers, filters and whatnot. So my garage is set up with a compressor and various attachments, jacks/stands, my creeper, and other stuff. Which means I do spend time in the garage so thus it also has its share of typical alpha male accoutrement which greatly limit the need for excursions into the living area of the domicile, specifically the square footage comprising what the bride calls her office, otherwise known as our kitchen, in need of nourishment or drink, and a shrubbery enclosed area just outside the door, which doubles as the cigar smoke vent system, completes the pee-pee-only bathroom facility.

Probably catch a little garage Wolverine football later today...

I used to do the engine rebuild stuff but it got tiresome.
I'll do suspension,brakes a water pump on occasion install a new bumper that kind of stuff.
I don't do any kind of work in my garage except when I use my thread mill. I'm not interested in any automotive or mechanical work so my garages are very clean.

Thread mill?
It's a mill you make threads with.

Wonder if he has the CNC mill that a thread mill needs to actually cut a thread?
Not something most would have in their garage. But he does make some pretty wild ass claims.

I'm a car nut in terms of looks and maintenance but not a gearhead with a hand molded around a wrench, so major work is farmed to a garage I deal with. But I take care of minor stuff like oil changes, bulb/lamp replacements, etc., but I'm totally anal about oil, tire care, wipers, filters and whatnot. So my garage is set up with a compressor and various attachments, jacks/stands, my creeper, and other stuff. Which means I do spend time in the garage so thus it also has its share of typical alpha male accoutrement which greatly limit the need for excursions into the living area of the domicile, specifically the square footage comprising what the bride calls her office, otherwise known as our kitchen, in need of nourishment or drink, and a shrubbery enclosed area just outside the door, which doubles as the cigar smoke vent system, completes the pee-pee-only bathroom facility.

I'll do suspension,brakes a water pump on occasion install a new bumper that kind of stuff.
I don't do any kind of work in my garage except when I use my thread mill. I'm not interested in any automotive or mechanical work so my garages are very clean.

Thread mill?

I'm assuming he meant tread mill.
Why anyone would put a tread mill in a garage is beyond me.

When you use iPad or iPhone you have this option called predictive text where it pick a word for you. And end up using thread, treat or tread.
Yes my treadmill is inside my garage with 32" flat screen in front of me. When I ran I made it loud. Why is that a surprise to you? Is there a rule somewhere that you can't put treadmill in your garage? My washer and dryer is on the second floor. I'm sure that is also a surprise to you.

Last edited:

Thread mill?

When you use iPad or iPhone you have this option called predictive text where it pick a word for you. And end up using thread, treat or tread.
Yes my treadmill is inside my garage with 32" flat screen in front of me. When I ran I made it loud. Why is that a surprise to you? Is there a rule somewhere that you can't put treadmill in your garage? My washer and dryer is on the second floor. I'm sure that is also a surprise to you.

Yeah it is kinda weird.
My treadmill is in the gym off the master bath where there's A/C. Of course half of my four car garage is air conditioned so i suppose I could put it there,but I prefer not to clutter up my garage/shop with a treadmill since I have a gym.
And it also sucks to have your washer and dryer upstairs. I know my wife wouldnt want to climb stairs to do the laundry.
The only thing upstairs at my house is the guest bedroom/bath,game room and wet bar.
The only reason I even go upstairs is for football games or movies.

Thread mill?

Oh...and you mean your iphone has autocorrect.

Thread mill?

Yeah it is kinda weird.
My treadmill is in the gym off the master bath where there's A/C. Of course half of my four car garage is air conditioned so i suppose I could put it there,but I prefer not to clutter up my garage/shop with a treadmill since I have a gym.
And it also sucks to have your washer and dryer upstairs. I know my wife wouldnt want to climb stairs to do the laundry.
The only thing upstairs at my house is the guest bedroom/bath,game room and wet bar.
The only reason I even go upstairs is for football games or movies.

Here in Key B....I also have 4 car garage but longer than standard. I have a portable AC close by if needed but I barely use it cause I'm close to the beach. Washer and dryer is more efficient on 2nd floor because all rooms are in the second floor. The rooms I have downstairs is my home office, game room and guest room, maid room game room, family room and living room approximately 6,500 sq/ft. My wife doesn't do laundry. Why would anyone bring a dirty clothes to the garage then bring it up again. My treadmill used to be on the 2nd floor just like yours in a small room next to the master bath but wife was irritated with my loud TV when I'm using it. My game room had wet bar, pool table with sliding door to the swimming pool. We also play cards and madjong with my guest. It's kind of hard when all of those are in second floor. I never seen a car garage with AC. Warming or cooling a 4 car garage is very strange and once you open up all of those desired temp. is gone. Doesn't make sense.
In Palm Spring approximately 5,500 sq/ft is different set up cause it's a bungalow style so everything is on the first floor my tread mill is inside the game room with pool table and a door ( not sliding door ) adjacent to the pool. Also have my punching bag in in that room. My swimming pool and my koi pond was drained last year because of drought but I kept my koi pond inside the house. We rarely stay in that house during summer. Only house sitter live there a Mexican and he is not an illegal he is an anchor baby. Im not sure how long I'm going to keep that property because my kids are not interested. All of my kids has their own houses and it's just me and my wife now so not sure but in taking it very slow. Three live in La Jolla San Diego that works and manage my business in San Diego and the other one is in Miami which she has her own business.
I'm leasing a 2 bedroom condo here in La Jolla ( about 147 miles from PS) so I can get close to my grand kids. I do my daily walk at the beach when I'm on the west.
I can monitor both ( inside and outside) houses through my laptop or iPad.

Forum List

Back