Gallup Poll: Conservatives 42%, Liberals 21%

Other things 21% of the country believes in:

Abortion on Demand
Evolution
believe Hyundai (the Korean Automaker) was effected by the earthquake and Tsunami....in Japan
Are unaware who the U.S. declared independence from
Believe the sun revolves around the earth
Believe Witches are real
Urinate in the pool

In less modern times this 21% would not survive a winter.

Thanks for the sideways insult.
It says more about you than it does about me.

Sideways insult? I'm sorry, I must not have spoken clearly. Please allow me to rephrase: If that's what you think than you're must be a radical wing-nut. Anything that disagrees with you is liberal, right? Anyone who isn't at least as conservative as you must be a liberal, amiright? And that means everyone, because let's be honest, how can anyone be as conservative as your Godly conservativeness?

Don't get your liberal panties in such a bunch.

So it looks like I called it in post #2. :lol:

Almost. You could actually say that by definition, progressives are never a majority, because by definition they are out in front of the nation as a whole. When a position on an issue becomes majority-supported, as gay marriage now has, it ceases to be a "liberal" position and becomes a "moderate" or "mainstream" position.

People do self-label wrong, though. That much you got right.
Unsurprisingly, you don't get it.

I said that liberals claim that people self-label wrong. You then proved me right. :lol:

Yet not very many people who are not liberal. Pretend to be. Wonder why.

Because the rightwing propaganda machine spent about 30 years demonizing the word 'liberal',

and were successful at it.
Actually, liberals spent about 30 years demonizing the word "liberal". All the right had to do was point out what you were saying and doing.

When you people actually elect a litmus tests passing Conservative as President, then you might be able to claim that conservatives are anything other than a crackpot fringe group in this country.

Because the rightwing propaganda machine spent about 30 years demonizing the word 'liberal',

Actually, liberals spent about 30 years demonizing the word "liberal". All the right had to do was point out what you were saying and doing.

When you people actually elect a litmus tests passing Conservative as President, then you might be able to claim that conservatives are anything other than a crackpot fringe group in this country.
Did you know that your leftist self-delusions are not reality? True story!

So electing litmus test passing Conservatives in the House and Senate doesn't count?

Maybe your inability to see beyond your blinders is why liberalism is such a crackpot fringe group in this country....

I said that liberals claim that people self-label wrong. You then proved me right. :lol:

I get it perfectly well. Liberals do claim that people self-label wrong. About that, you are indeed right.

So are liberals. Because people quite demonstrably do.

I get it perfectly well. Liberals do claim that people self-label wrong. About that, you are indeed right.

So are liberals. Because people quite demonstrably do.
Repeating the same bullshit doesn't prove it's right. It just proves you believe bullshit. :lol:

Good point, you on the left DID elect an Alinsky Radical, the right hasn't elected anyone right of center since Ronald Reagan.

Repeating the same bullshit doesn't prove it's right.

Repeatedly declaring it bullshit doesn't prove it's bullshit, either.

A majority of the people favor gay marriage. A majority favor a single-payer health plan. A majority favor higher taxes on the rich. In fact, go down the list of "liberal" issues, and you will find that in all cases the support for them runs from 40-60% of the people.

It is not possible for 21% of the people to be "liberals" while 40-60% of the people support liberal positions on all the issues. The more reliable measure of who is a liberal is who supports liberal positions on the issues -- not who self-labels that way. When far fewer people self-label as liberals than support liberal positions on the issues, then it can be claimed -- as a proven fact, not "bullshit" -- that people are self-labeling wrongly.

Repeating the same bullshit doesn't prove it's right.

Repeatedly declaring it bullshit doesn't prove it's bullshit, either.

A majority of the people favor gay marriage. A majority favor a single-payer health plan. A majority favor higher taxes on the rich. In fact, go down the list of "liberal" issues, and you will find that in all cases the support for them runs from 40-60% of the people.

It is not possible for 21% of the people to be "liberals" while 40-60% of the people support liberal positions on all the issues. The more reliable measure of who is a liberal is who supports liberal positions on the issues -- not who self-labels that way. When far fewer people self-label as liberals than support liberal positions on the issues, then it can be claimed -- as a proven fact, not "bullshit" -- that people are self-labeling wrongly.

Good strategy. Double down on your bullshit.

Oh, whatever did America do without liberals to tell us what to think? :lol:

Good point, you on the left DID elect an Alinsky Radical, the right hasn't elected anyone right of center since Ronald Reagan.

So all the people in this poll who are politically in the John McCain or Mitt Romney mold who told the pollster they identify as conservatives aren't really conservatives?

That was my original point.

Are you ever going to do anything to justify the level of arrogance you display?

Already done, of course. It's not my fault that you're too self-absorbed to see it. And when you say nothing that has any cognitive content, but present pure empty rhetoric -- such as calling something "bullshit" without offering a scrap of evidence that it really is -- I'm going to call you on it. Get used to it.

Last edited:
Are you ever going to do anything to justify the level of arrogance you display?

Already done, of course.
Really? I don't recall. Could you provide a link?

Oh, and read my signature. It may clear up any confusion you're having.
It's not my fault that you're too self-absorbed to see it.
Me, self-absorbed? I didn't just insist that someone else should have memorized my resume, did I? :lol:

Forum List

Back