Gallup Poll: Conservatives 42%, Liberals 21%

Apparently it's a lie when leftists refuse to acknowledge most of America is tired of their shit.

Let's watch the results of tomorrow's elections and see if you are doing your usual lying, proven liar.

You know what's really pathetic? He opens the thread by saying that people must have lied because everyone knows most Americans are liberals, then he says here that most Americans are "tired of [liberals'] shit." He can't even keep his own BS consistent. :lol:
No, what's pathetic is people who don't understand common forum tag usage. The "/liberal, whistling past the graveyard" tag I put in my second post means I was mocking the liberal mindset.

Now, predictably, you will blame me for your mistake. You have a habit of doing that. :lol:

But plenty have. We established his lying bona fides, yesterday.
But it's okay when you lie, huh?

I never made the claim that I never lie, as you did. You made a statement concerning my comments on white liberals. I definitively proved you a liar and your veil of fabrication has been pierced. Admit it and let us move on.

You can only have proved I was a liar if you can prove I had remembered your post.

Are you ever going to try to do that? Or are you just going to keep whining?

(CNSNews.com) - Self-professed conservatives now outnumber self-professed liberals in the United States, 42 percent to 21 percent, according to a Gallup poll published Monday. Another 37 percent described themselves as moderates.​

This doesn't make sense when compared to the following:

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
You do know people are allowed to vote across party lines, don't you?

(CNSNews.com) - Self-professed conservatives now outnumber self-professed liberals in the United States, 42 percent to 21 percent, according to a Gallup poll published Monday. Another 37 percent described themselves as moderates.

Most people I know that describe themselves as "moderate" are pretty darn liberal.

I agree. there are alot of liberals who think themselves superior liberals by not being honest about their liberalism.
So, according to CON$ 58% of the population are Libs. :lol:

May 12, 2008
RUSH: I maintain that moderates and independents are Democrats. Because, by definition, if someone or some organization is not conservative, it's by definition going to be liberal, not moderate, not independent, it's going to be liberal

June 25, 2010
RUSH: Now, that's fine and dandy, but moderates are liberals without the guts to say so. Moderates are a bunch of liberals who think they're smarter than everybody else, more tolerant than everybody else and less judgmental than everybody else, and more open-minded than everybody else.
Are you ever going to stop pretending that every conservative gets his opinion from Rush?

Look, just because you can't think for yourself doesn't mean everyone else can't.

(CNSNews.com) - Self-professed conservatives now outnumber self-professed liberals in the United States, 42 percent to 21 percent, according to a Gallup poll published Monday. Another 37 percent described themselves as moderates.​

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Poll: Tax the rich, corporations - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Another Poll Shows Majority Support for Single-Payer

Poll: Americans favor union bargaining rights - USATODAY.com

Going by positions on these and other issues, it seems clear that while self-professed conservatives do outnumber self-professed liberals more than two to one, LIBERALS also outnumber self-professed liberals by at least that much.

In other words, there are a lot of liberals out there who don't call themselves liberals. In fact, doing the math, there must be at least a few liberals out there who call themselves conservatives.

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Poll: Tax the rich, corporations - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Another Poll Shows Majority Support for Single-Payer

Poll: Americans favor union bargaining rights - USATODAY.com

Going by positions on these and other issues, it seems clear that while self-professed conservatives do outnumber self-professed liberals more than two to one, LIBERALS also outnumber self-professed liberals by at least that much.

In other words, there are a lot of liberals out there who don't call themselves liberals. In fact, doing the math, there must be at least a few liberals out there who call themselves conservatives.

New Jersey Senate defeats same-sex marriage bill - CNN

Gay Marriage Defeated In Maine

New York Senate Rejects Gay Marriage Bill - NYTimes.com

Defeat of gay marriage bill in Md. exposes religious fault lines - NewsTalk with Bruce DePuyt | TBD.com

Looks like there are a lot of liberals who support conservative views.

Lots of moderates call themselves conservatives, hell, Mitt Romney calls himself a conservative.

Yet not very many people who are not liberal. Pretend to be. Wonder why.

Because the rightwing propaganda machine spent about 30 years demonizing the word 'liberal',

and were successful at it.
Actually, liberals spent about 30 years demonizing the word "liberal". All the right had to do was point out what you were saying and doing.

All of those votes were taken before the poll showing a majority supports gay marriage nationwide, which is a recent development.

Also, none of them are consistent with only 21% of the people being liberal. All show much larger liberal percentages than that, on this issue.

I agree. there are alot of liberals who think themselves superior liberals by not being honest about their liberalism.

It can be amusing.

I go to this one message board where some asshole, a little left of Mao Tse Tung, calls himself "inthemiddle."

It's like they think they're fooling someone.
:lol: He put me on ignore because I called him a leftist.

All of those votes were taken before the poll showing a majority supports gay marriage nationwide, which is a recent development.

Also, none of them are consistent with only 21% of the people being liberal. All show much larger liberal percentages than that, on this issue.
So it looks like I called it in post #2. :lol:

I don't take the OP's poll too seriously at all.
Using the all inclusive words Conservative, Moderate and Liberal really doesn't count at the ballot box.
There are sizable amounts of Liberals who don't like the direction the Democratic Party has taken. People are either fed up with the fact that the Dems lack ideas and roll-over to the GOP in Congress. On the Republican side, there is a sizable count of Conservatives who dislike the Tea Party, they favor the more so Establishment GOP.
There have been several polls that have shown that overwhelmingly, people of this country want more compromise and bipartisanship in Washington. That strongly indicates that not that many Conservatives or Liberals are as married to either ideology as the OP's numbers suggest.

So it looks like I called it in post #2. :lol:

Almost. You could actually say that by definition, progressives are never a majority, because by definition they are out in front of the nation as a whole. When a position on an issue becomes majority-supported, as gay marriage now has, it ceases to be a "liberal" position and becomes a "moderate" or "mainstream" position.

People do self-label wrong, though. That much you got right.

Forum List

Back