Fun and pleasurable audio gift to yourself...right now!

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Fun and pleasurable audio gift to yourself...right now!

This just happened to me, moments ago.

Surfing and posting here and there I chose to listen to some music I'd once loved and heard daily, many moons ago.

I was pleasantly surprised at the details I'd been missing all along when my sonic devices were far less sophisticated than they are today.

So, I was hearing tamborines and cymbals and back up singer's voices and bass lines like never before!

It was almost like hearing these favorite songs for the first time!

What a great sensation.

Hearing the sounds that were always there but which I couldn't before hear is a completely intoxicating experience. When you choose golden oldies songs you really know well but have not heard in a loooong time and never before on good sound equipment, you will fall in love with these songs all over again. Like seeing your spouse of 30 years once again as they were in their high school days.

But with greater detail and fidelity. (Pun intended.)

This was the medley of songs I was listening to when it happened.

I hadn't heard some of these songs in 20 or 30 years! And I'd always listened to them on transistor radios or on a scratchy monaural phonograph.

Listening to them on a decent set of computer headphones is an awesome re-discover.

A nice treat for a Sunday afternoon.

And that's a cue for a song.

Anyway, post the song(s) you treated yourself to in this manner!

It's fun.

Listen to mine and you'll understand what I mean.

My dodecahedron speaker stereo system has always allowed me to hear the great quality of music production for many years...

My dodecahedron speaker stereo system has always allowed me to hear the great quality of music production for many years...

That suggests you are but a Moonglow-come-lately when it comes to the quest for aural satisfaction.

It has never been easier to enjoy good sound than it is today.

That suggests you are but a Moonglow-come-lately when it comes to the quest for aural satisfaction.

I have the latest in sound quality and always have.I have a great passion for music and the performing arts..the best though is attending symphonic concerts and opera.......

I have the latest in sound quality and always have.I have a great passion for music and the performing arts..the best though is attending symphonic concerts and opera.......

Once I joined the Army and was around others with more discerning audio tastes I spent a decent amount of time listening to really good sound systems. Only now have I gone back to listen to some of the lesser known but fondly remembered oldies from my $12 pocket transistor days.

Lucky you.

Forum List

Back