CDZ From Pro-Choice to Pro-Life (what changed my mind)

No, but to rather borrow from what is already readily available information in the public domain, but if you like I can certainly cite one of many sources that deal with this issue directly.

"public domain" don't fly here...

USMB Rules and Guidelines

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source.

No copyright infringement had been made. You want a source? Fine: U.S. Constitution Abortion and Personhood Jurisprudence American Right To Life

I find your attempts to evade the discussion dishonest 1. I quoted from the constitution directly. 2. I borrowed (in part) text that addresses the issue directly in relation to the constitution. 3. You cry foul based on no copyright infringement of information readily available in the public domain. You are evading and I don't blame you. You don't have a leg to stand on.

JaggedZenMonkey...

Let's look at some real problems and consequences if your world would play out...

If YOU want a woman's uterus to become property of the state, then YOU have to accept THOSE consequences.

A pregnancy requires special care and services for a woman. Are YOU willing to PAY for her prenatal care? Are you willing to PAY for her numerous doctor visits, tests, vitamins and ultrsound? Are YOU willing to PAY for her special diet and make sure she eats healthy? Are YOU willing to make sure she doesn't smoke or drink to protect the health of the embryo?

Are you willing to PAY her prenatal care and delivery costs which can range from about $9,000 to over $250,000?

Are YOU willing to PAY for her maturity leave from her job?

What if the woman has medical complications that leave her permanently disabled? Are YOU willing to PAY to support her the rest of her life?

I really don't believe you even thought about consequences.

Over 1,000,000 human lives are being deliberately terminated each and every year in this Nation. This is tragic! Pregnancy can be completely avoided by any woman who doesn't want to get pregnant, except for the reason of rape. Women who don't want to get pregnant who do something that can make them pregnant are not in control of themselves. That's simple reality, and you expect these woman who are unable to even control themselves have the absolute power to terminate any and all unborn human life at their sole discretion? Have you thought about the already present consequences and danger or the potential future dangers of any human entity holding such absolute power?

Woman seem to believe it's their right and sole authority to determine the value of unborn human life. They insist it is their right to terminate unborn human life at their sole discretion. Talk about a power trip. Woman are essentially playing God. God forbid anyone be honest about this issue. Many of these woman insist they should have the right to be irresponsible and selfish and not be held accountable for actions that result in the deliberate termination of human lives. If Roe vs. Wade is overturned abortion will no longer be safe, but by some (many) woman taking advantage of their liberties, they are forcing this very real threat on all woman indefinitely.

All that's needed to prevent pregnancies from happening is more responsible behavior by them and their partners. God forbid! At the rate it's going, Roe vs. Wade will be overturned much sooner than later. And all some people seem to want to do is play the victim card, be hostile (not here), throw about accusations of misogyny (not here), and try to appeal to emotion when overturning Roe vs. Wade doesn't need to happen at all. But no. These types insist on being irresponsible. They insist it's their right to be selfish and irresponsible, even when they would deliberately have a human life snuffed as a result of that irresponsible behavior.

What people do in the bedroom is not my business. However, if a couple do not want an unwanted pregnancy, it can be prevented. There are quite a few options that will never result in pregnancy. There are no contraceptives that offer 100% pregnancy prevention. That's an important thing to consider. However, prevent unwanted pregnancies destined to be terminated and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Imagine people being responsible for a change. That's all it takes. Mutual masturbation, anal sex, toys, oral sex, and a host of other possibilities other than typical vaginal sex are all very valid alternatives. Abstinence is just one method of preventing pregnancy. The others involve a willingness to explore human sexuality, which I fully support. As for rape, incest, med nec, I'd suggest the choice to terminate should not be pulled. We'll see how that plays out.

I read it the first time...you are now firing blanks...

EXTREME hyperbole, conspiracy theories and total nonsense.

Let's discuss this alone then. Women who don't want to get pregnant who do something that can make them pregnant are not in control of themselves. That's simple reality, and YOU expect these woman who are unable to even control themselves have the absolute power to terminate any and all unborn human life at their sole discretion?

Have you thought about the already present consequences and danger or the potential future dangers of any human entity holding such absolute power?

Let's discuss the law of the land. It is extremely fair...

If you don't believe in abortion, don't participate.

And keep your nose out of other people's lives.

JaggedZenMonkey...

Let's look at some real problems and consequences if your world would play out...

If YOU want a woman's uterus to become property of the state, then YOU have to accept THOSE consequences.

A pregnancy requires special care and services for a woman. Are YOU willing to PAY for her prenatal care? Are you willing to PAY for her numerous doctor visits, tests, vitamins and ultrsound? Are YOU willing to PAY for her special diet and make sure she eats healthy? Are YOU willing to make sure she doesn't smoke or drink to protect the health of the embryo?

Are you willing to PAY her prenatal care and delivery costs which can range from about $9,000 to over $250,000?

What if the woman has medical complications that leave her permanently disabled? Are YOU willing to PAY to support her the rest of her life?

Over 1,000,000 human lives are being deliberately terminated each and every year in this Nation. This is tragic! Pregnancy can be completely avoided by any woman who doesn't want to get pregnant, except for the reason of rape. Women who don't want to get pregnant who do something that can make them pregnant are not in control of themselves. That's simple reality, and you expect these woman who are unable to even control themselves have the absolute power to terminate any and all unborn human life at their sole discretion? Have you thought about the already present consequences and danger or the potential future dangers of any human entity holding such absolute power?

Woman seem to believe it's their right and sole authority to determine the value of unborn human life. They insist it is their right to terminate unborn human life at their sole discretion. Talk about a power trip. Woman are essentially playing God. God forbid anyone be honest about this issue. Many of these woman insist they should have the right to be irresponsible and selfish and not be held accountable for actions that result in the deliberate termination of human lives. If Roe vs. Wade is overturned abortion will no longer be safe, but by some (many) woman taking advantage of their liberties, they are forcing this very real threat on all woman indefinitely.

All that's needed to prevent pregnancies from happening is more responsible behavior by them and their partners. God forbid! At the rate it's going, Roe vs. Wade will be overturned much sooner than later. And all some people seem to want to do is play the victim card, be hostile (not here), throw about accusations of misogyny (not here), and try to appeal to emotion when overturning Roe vs. Wade doesn't need to happen at all. But no. These types insist on being irresponsible. They insist it's their right to be selfish and irresponsible, even when they would deliberately have a human life snuffed as a result of that irresponsible behavior.

What people do in the bedroom is not my business. However, if a couple do not want an unwanted pregnancy, it can be prevented. There are quite a few options that will never result in pregnancy. There are no contraceptives that offer 100% pregnancy prevention. That's an important thing to consider. However, prevent unwanted pregnancies destined to be terminated and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Imagine people being responsible for a change. That's all it takes. Mutual masturbation, anal sex, toys, oral sex, and a host of other possibilities other than typical vaginal sex are all very valid alternatives. Abstinence is just one method of preventing pregnancy. The others involve a willingness to explore human sexuality, which I fully support. As for rape, incest, med nec, I'd suggest the choice to terminate should not be pulled. We'll see how that plays out.

Let's discuss this alone then. Women who don't want to get pregnant who do something that can make them pregnant are not in control of themselves. That's simple reality, and YOU expect these woman who are unable to even control themselves have the absolute power to terminate any and all unborn human life at their sole discretion?

Have you thought about the already present consequences and danger or the potential future dangers of any human entity holding such absolute power?

Isn't it interesting that the "anti-abortion party" is also the anti-contraceptive party?

The Republican War on Contraception
Not satisfied with restricting abortion rights, the GOP is now coming after your birth control.

Are you interested in discussing the op or posting irrelevant articles that do not apply in the least?

JaggedZenMonkey...

And whom do you propose should 'control' these women, and compel them to give birth against their will – the state; why increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty, you're actually advocating some government entity holding absolute power.

No, but to rather borrow from what is already readily available information in the public domain, but if you like I can certainly cite one of many sources that deal with this issue directly.

No copyright infringement had been made. You want a source? Fine: U.S. Constitution Abortion and Personhood Jurisprudence American Right To Life

I find your attempts to evade the discussion dishonest 1. I quoted from the constitution directly. 2. I borrowed (in part) text that addresses the issue directly in relation to the constitution. 3. You cry foul based on no copyright infringement of information readily available in the public domain. You are evading and I don't blame you. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Here is the WHOLE Preamble to the Constitution...in it's entirety...

preamble.jpg

The rest of your post is OPINION...

I find plagiarism highly dishonest...

JaggedZenMonkey...

And whom do you propose should 'control' these women, and compel them to give birth against their will – the state; why increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty, you're actually advocating some government entity holding absolute power.

Actually the right wants small government...small enough to fit in a woman's vagina.

JaggedZenMonkey...

When human entities are granted unequaled and absolute power over life and death of all potential human lives in this nation, it not only becomes my business as a US citizen, but my obligation to resist. Abortion is not only unconstitutional, this type of absolute power over the life and death of every potential human life that will ever have the possibility of life at all being granted to a specific gender is irresponsible, careless, and extremely dangerous. You don't want to discuss it? Fine. Don't discuss it, but you're not doing the pro choice movement any favors by your silence.

quote-to-sin-by-silence-when-they-should-protest-makes-cowards-of-men-abraham-lincoln-112721.jpg

I do as well. Nothing was plagiarized, but your dishonest approach to this discussion is quite indicative of how desperate you are to invalidate and evade any further meaningful discussion. I'm sure you think your accusations hold weight. They do not, nor do your opinions relating to the topic at hand.. Try again.

Here is the WHOLE Preamble to the Constitution...in it's entirety...

preamble.jpg

The rest of your post is OPINION...

Posterity Define Posterity at Dictionary.com

Over 1,000,000 human lives are being deliberately terminated each and every year in this Nation. This is tragic! Pregnancy can be completely avoided by any woman who doesn't want to get pregnant, except for the reason of rape. Women who don't want to get pregnant who do something that can make them pregnant are not in control of themselves.

Isn't it interesting that the "anti-abortion party" is also the anti-contraceptive party?

The Republican War on Contraception
Not satisfied with restricting abortion rights, the GOP is now coming after your birth control.[/QUOTE]

Are you interested in discussing the op or posting irrelevant articles that do not apply in the least?[/QUOTE]

It is extremely "relevant"...

I do as well. Nothing was plagiarized, but your dishonest approach to this discussion is quite indicative of how desperate you are to invalidate and evade any further meaningful discussion. I'm sure you think your accusations hold weight. They do not, nor do your opinions relating to the topic at hand.. Try again.

Hang on buster...You posted a whole wall of text without providing your source. You tried to portray it as your words and hide the fact it was OPINION from a far right wing anti-abortion website.

You absolutely plagiarized...

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

JaggedZenMonkey...

No - If a woman doesn't want a child they should not get pregnant. That's entirely their choice and within their scope of power and control. Otherwise, they willfully and knowingly forgo the right to not give birth due to sheer irresponsibility, given Roe vs. Wade is overturned. I'm advocating that the constitution be honored, that no human entity have such absolute power over human life and death, that if woman do not want children to exercise self control and not get pregnant.

I'm advocating responsibility by all parties involved. If woman want control, they need to first control themselves. Pregnancy can be prevented. Human loss of life via abortion can be avoided. By simply controlling their own lives, woman would never be placed in situations where abortion is even an issue. You can spin this anyway you like, but the fact is pregnancy can be prevented except for in cases of rape (.)

JaggedZenMonkey...

No - If a woman doesn't want a child they should not get pregnant. That's entirely their choice and within their scope of power and control. Otherwise, they willfully and knowingly forgo the right to not give birth due to sheer irresponsibility, given Roe vs. Wade is overturned. I'm advocating that the constitution be honored, that no human entity have such absolute power over human life and death, that if woman do not want children that they exercise self control and not get pregnant.

I'm advocating responsibility by all parties involved. If woman want control, they need to first control themselves. Pregnancy can be prevented. Human loss of life via abortion can be avoided. By simply controlling their own lives, woman would never be placed in situations where abortion is even an issue. You can spin this anyway you like, but the fact is pregnancy can be prevented except for in cases of rape (.)

JaggedZenMonkey...

When human entities are granted unequaled and absolute power over life and death of all potential human lives in this nation, it not only becomes my business as a US citizen, but my obligation to resist. Abortion is not only unconstitutional, this type of absolute power over the life and death of every potential human life that will ever have the possibility of life at all being granted to a specific gender is irresponsible, careless, and extremely dangerous. You don't want to discuss it? Fine. Don't discuss it, but you're not doing the pro choice movement any favors by your silence.

quote-to-sin-by-silence-when-they-should-protest-makes-cowards-of-men-abraham-lincoln-112721.jpg

As hard as you try, you right wing extreme authoritarian statists will never be able to stop abortions. The ONLY thing you might be able to stop are SAFE abortions.

Now answer theses questions...

Hang on buster...You posted a whole wall of text without providing your source. You tried to portray it as your words and hide the fact it was OPINION from a far right wing anti-abortion website.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. I stole absolutely nothing. I used readily available and known information in the public domain and borrowed from the text. No copy right infringement took place. No plagiarism took place. Also, nothing I posted falls in the category of opinion. I posted constitutional facts that you deny. You're free to think what you want, but you're mistaken. You would be laughed out of court if you insisted what I posted was plagiarism.

As hard as you try, you right wing extreme authoritarian statists will never be able to stop abortions. The ONLY thing you might be able to stop are SAFE abortions.

While that may be true, I nor anyone else is responsible for a woman's actions but herself. Her choices = her consequences.

Why should anyone be held accountable for anyone else's actions but those who act them out? If a woman does not want a child, it is perfectly within her power and scope of control to prevent a pregnancy. Her uterus is in her own power. She has the power to prevent pregnancy.

No - We all need to be accountable for our own actions.

No again. I'd like to know at what point you think anyone should NOT be accountable for what we ourselves do and are in control of?

Your arguments are based on what woman do and should have total control over. If a woman does not want a child, that woman should exercise what she is in control of (her body) and not get pregnant in the first place. Your entire spill is a non sequitur and only applies if a woman fails to exercise control over herself, which is exactly what my previous post alluded to.

While that may be true, I nor anyone else is responsible for a woman's actions but herself. Her choices = her consequences.

Why should anyone be held accountable for anyone else's actions but those who act them out? If a woman does not want a child, it is perfectly within her power and scope of control to prevent a pregnancy. Her uterus is in her own power. She has the power to prevent pregnancy.

No - We all need to be accountable for our own actions.

No again. I'd like to know at what point you think anyone should NOT be accountable for what we ourselves do and are in control of?

Your arguments are based on what woman do and should have total control over. If a woman does not want a child, that woman should exercise what she is in control of (her body) and not get pregnant in the first place. Your entire spill is a non sequitur and only applies if a woman fails to exercise control over herself, which is exactly what my previous post alluded to.

I have some starling news for you to swallow...abortion is LEGAL in the United States...swallow hard.

Women are in control of their own uterus. The truth is YOU want to control what she does with it. So YOU become responsible.

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. I stole absolutely nothing. I used readily available and known information in the public domain and borrowed from the text. No copy right infringement took place. No plagiarism took place. Also, nothing I posted falls in the category of opinion. I posted constitutional facts that you deny. You're free to think what you want, but you're mistaken. You would be laughed out of court if you insisted what I posted was plagiarism.

No buster...you posted someone elses OPINION and tried to pass it off as your words. You are being dishonest

OK JaggedZenMonkey...let's get to the bottom line...answer required.

If abortion was illegal, what should be done with the women who have illegal abortions?

Forum List

Back