From 4.6 to 9.5 and far beyond

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics when Democrats took control of the House and Senate Jan. 07 the unemployment rate stood at 4.6 as of June 09 it stands at 9.5 ! On Jan 09 when Obama took over the unemployment rate was 7.6 now as stated before it's 9.5 ! In other words Democrats could be honestly held to a greater part in the loss of approximently 9 million American jobs. I guess it's standard procedure for Democrats and the liberal media to blame Bush but then you would have to admit that the Democrats in the House and Senate did nothing worthwhile to combat it ! Ah, but still the Democrats and the shivering legged adoring liberal media are held by Obama's Howdy Dudy smile and tele-prompter snake oil speeches !!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    By your logic corporations were doing great and than with in a few months they just went to shit.
    or maybe it has to do with the fact the economy began to slow down long before Obama and the democrats took over and we just get to reap the rewards of the rights failed policies along with taking the complete blame for the problem.
    WHen the economy was doing well in the 90's during the clinton years it was because of Reagan economics but when the economy goes south it is due to a current problem and policies.

3. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Top of the mornin to ya! I am also Irish but alas my booty of whiskey has long run dim while yours is fresh in thine belly and crippling yourn egg! Notice this message makes about as much sense as yours and is also off the subject?

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yeah, and its likely to get still worse, too.

And it would not have mattered who won the election, this outcome was inevitable.

5. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Editec, Perhaps you didn't notice but I included the 2 years previous to B.O. when Democrats controlled both House and Senate? With you saying that this outcome was inevitable, am I right to extrapolate that you agree with me that Democrats did and will do nothing worthwhile in the future to turn the tide on the furious rise in unemployment?

6. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    my point was this didn't happen over night and businesses have been stuggling for a few years, starting before the democrats took office. Take Sears who has laid off many people, their decline started long before Obama took office. YOu can't blame a President who is only been in power for six months for a problem that was set in motion before he ever took office.

7. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    The Democrats lack of performance in oversight of the economy and the inevitable bust of the housing bubble played a key role in where we are today. Simply blaming Bush and doing countless spite filled Congressional investigations was a good political move for Democrats but did little for the country, in my opinion! At present, here in California many of my clients are selling out or closing their doors because over the past 2 to 3 years their just simply blown out with daily bad news and the sadness of laying-off employees. Sorry if I seemed harsh in my last post!

8. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I didn't make sense really, I was tired and couldn't organise my thoughts.
    I don't blame any one person or party, but the problems we face were set in motion a few years ago and many factors are to blame.
    I work for company that has been going down hill for seven years, it wasn't news when they laid people off. It also wasn't news when a factory here closed that had been doing poorly for many years also. Of course they moved the factory to Mexico because of the lower cost of labor.

9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,123
    But, but, but . . . Obama said the stimulus package would hold unemployment at 8.5%. That's why he needed it rushed through ASAP, with no one reading it all and so that it could sit for several days before he signed it. Of course, there are those who stated when the stim package was being put together that the $36billion increase in unemployment benefits included in the package would indicate that unemployment would likely increase. But since no one read the bill in it's entirety . . .

Then there's this "Obama urged patience with his program, which administration officials acknowledge was designed with incorrect or incomplete economic data." Republicans call Obama’s stimulus plan a flop, oppose a second package - The Boston Globe
    They rushed through a plan that no one read that was designed with incorrect or incomplete economic data? Jesus, Mary and Joseph :rolleyes:

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh... looky looky kids, we've got a new troll...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1