From 4.6 to 9.5 and far beyond

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics when Democrats took control of the House and Senate Jan. 07 the unemployment rate stood at 4.6 as of June 09 it stands at 9.5 ! On Jan 09 when Obama took over the unemployment rate was 7.6 now as stated before it's 9.5 ! In other words Democrats could be honestly held to a greater part in the loss of approximently 9 million American jobs. I guess it's standard procedure for Democrats and the liberal media to blame Bush but then you would have to admit that the Democrats in the House and Senate did nothing worthwhile to combat it ! Ah, but still the Democrats and the shivering legged adoring liberal media are held by Obama's Howdy Dudy smile and tele-prompter snake oil speeches !!!

Last edited:
By your logic corporations were doing great and than with in a few months they just went to shit.
or maybe it has to do with the fact the economy began to slow down long before Obama and the democrats took over and we just get to reap the rewards of the rights failed policies along with taking the complete blame for the problem.
WHen the economy was doing well in the 90's during the clinton years it was because of Reagan economics but when the economy goes south it is due to a current problem and policies.

Top of the mornin to ya! I am also Irish but alas my booty of whiskey has long run dim while yours is fresh in thine belly and crippling yourn egg! Notice this message makes about as much sense as yours and is also off the subject?

Yeah, and its likely to get still worse, too.

And it would not have mattered who won the election, this outcome was inevitable.

Editec, Perhaps you didn't notice but I included the 2 years previous to B.O. when Democrats controlled both House and Senate? With you saying that this outcome was inevitable, am I right to extrapolate that you agree with me that Democrats did and will do nothing worthwhile in the future to turn the tide on the furious rise in unemployment?

Top of the mornin to ya! I am also Irish but alas my booty of whiskey has long run dim while yours is fresh in thine belly and crippling yourn egg! Notice this message makes about as much sense as yours and is also off the subject?

my point was this didn't happen over night and businesses have been stuggling for a few years, starting before the democrats took office. Take Sears who has laid off many people, their decline started long before Obama took office. YOu can't blame a President who is only been in power for six months for a problem that was set in motion before he ever took office.

The Democrats lack of performance in oversight of the economy and the inevitable bust of the housing bubble played a key role in where we are today. Simply blaming Bush and doing countless spite filled Congressional investigations was a good political move for Democrats but did little for the country, in my opinion! At present, here in California many of my clients are selling out or closing their doors because over the past 2 to 3 years their just simply blown out with daily bad news and the sadness of laying-off employees. Sorry if I seemed harsh in my last post!

I didn't make sense really, I was tired and couldn't organise my thoughts.
I don't blame any one person or party, but the problems we face were set in motion a few years ago and many factors are to blame.
I work for company that has been going down hill for seven years, it wasn't news when they laid people off. It also wasn't news when a factory here closed that had been doing poorly for many years also. Of course they moved the factory to Mexico because of the lower cost of labor.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics when Democrats took control of the House and Senate Jan. 07 the unemployment rate stood at 4.6 as of June 09 it stands at 9.5 ! On Jan 09 when Obama took over the unemployment rate was 7.6 now as stated before it's 9.5 ! In other words Democrats could be honestly held to a greater part in the loss of approximently 9 million American jobs. I guess it's standard procedure for Democrats and the liberal media to blame Bush but then you would have to admit that the Democrats in the House and Senate did nothing worthwhile to combat it ! Ah, but still the Democrats and the shivering legged adoring liberal media are held by Obama's Howdy Dudy smile and tele-prompter snake oil speeches !!!

But, but, but . . . Obama said the stimulus package would hold unemployment at 8.5%. That's why he needed it rushed through ASAP, with no one reading it all and so that it could sit for several days before he signed it. Of course, there are those who stated when the stim package was being put together that the $36billion increase in unemployment benefits included in the package would indicate that unemployment would likely increase. But since no one read the bill in it's entirety . . .

Then there's this "Obama urged patience with his program, which administration officials acknowledge was designed with incorrect or incomplete economic data." Republicans call Obama’s stimulus plan a flop, oppose a second package - The Boston Globe
They rushed through a plan that no one read that was designed with incorrect or incomplete economic data? Jesus, Mary and Joseph :rolleyes:

WHen the economy was doing well in the 90's during the clinton years it was because of Reagan economics but when the economy goes south it is due to a current problem and policies./QUOTE]

Yep. By golly, I think you have it figured out. Only a Democrat could screw things up as bad as they are right now...:lol:

my point was this didn't happen over night and businesses have been stuggling for a few years, starting before the democrats took office. Take Sears who has laid off many people, their decline started long before Obama took office. YOu can't blame a President who is only been in power for six months for a problem that was set in motion before he ever took office.

this may be true.....but i hear plenty of those on the left blame Bush for 9/11....he was only in office 8 months.....he gets heat for the Enron debacle and that was beginning before he took office.....the guy in the center seat is the guy who takes the bullet....

It's been said that so goes California so goes the country. So with 11.6 unemployment rate and growing, taxes up the wasoo, complete lack of representation of most of the people, businesses moving out or closing, politicians twittling their thumbs and a collapse of the economy it sure doesn't look good for the country!

WHen the economy was doing well in the 90's during the clinton years it was because of Reagan economics but when the economy goes south it is due to a current problem and policies./QUOTE]

Yep. By golly, I think you have it figured out. Only a Democrat could screw things up as bad as they are right now...:lol:

Sure, dingbat, sure. 3000 Americans killed on American soil. And the mastermind of that murder is still alive and free. Two failed wars. One based on lies. A failed response to one of the greatest natural disasters to strike this nation. And an economic blindness that had the Republican President and Republican Presidential Candidate stating the soundness of the economy on the Sunday before Meltdown Monday.

And then there is the little matter of Treason by Rove and Vice President Cheney. Not that something like that would matter to you.

this may be true.....but i hear plenty of those on the left blame Bush for 9/11....he was only in office 8 months.....he gets heat for the Enron debacle and that was beginning before he took office.....the guy in the center seat is the guy who takes the bullet....

Bush may well not have been able to do anything to stop 9-11. However, he had over 50 warning concerning something big going down that fall. Some warning specific even to the method and likely targets. And he did nothing at all. Just went on vacation.

Then he used that act of terrorism to attack a nation which had nothing to do with 9-11, and was a sworn enemy of Al Queda. And failed to get Bin Laden. Proving to the whole world that you can strike to US a terrible blow, and get away with it.

Yes, Bush has much to answer for concerning 9-11, before and after.

Editec, Perhaps you didn't notice but I included the 2 years previous to B.O. when Democrats controlled both House and Senate? With you saying that this outcome was inevitable, am I right to extrapolate that you agree with me that Democrats did and will do nothing worthwhile in the future to turn the tide on the furious rise in unemployment?

The republicans for the first 4yrs. The Democrats have been in control since 2004.
Edited:

This is not correct. The Republican Party kept control of both the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate until 2007. The Democratic Party wrested control of both houses of the 110th Congress, although by a very slim margin, especially in the Senate.

The composition of the 109th Congress (2005 - 2007) was as follows:

Senate: 44 D, 55 R House: 202 D, 231 R

The composition of the 110th Congress (2007 - ) is as follows:

Senate: 49 D, 49 R House: 233 D, 198 R

Reference:

Composition of Congress, by Political Party, 1855–2008 — Infoplease.com
WikiAnswers - Who controlled the house and senate during the bush years

Bush may well not have been able to do anything to stop 9-11. However, he had over 50 warning concerning something big going down that fall. Some warning specific even to the method and likely targets. And he did nothing at all. Just went on vacation.

you know Rocks we can sit here and point fingers all day long.....Bush may have been lax...i dont know what was happening behind the scenes,neither do you....Clinton was no great terrorist hunter either,BUT we dont know what was happening behind the scenes with him either....the single biggest blunder as far as many are concerned,was this stupid lack of communication between the Security Agencies of the country....were these idiots on the same team?

Forum List

Back