Friendship

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What would your definition be of a "friend"?
Do you have many "real friends"?

Do you think friendship means different things to different people?
Do you think it's possible for men/women to be friends without one being a "little more interested" than the other?

images.png

I've heard a lot of what people think friendship is, and, that being said I have very few. Actually, only 1 and here is why......

and that is hard to find.......

I've heard a lot of what people think friendship is, and, that being said I have very few. Actually, only 1 and here is why......

I think that's a girl thing...Guys that talk to much expect too much.

Last edited:
Having friends is too much work it always seems they ask way more of me than I ask of them

Hmmm that's an interesting statement.
What do you mean by that? Guys that talk too much...? You mean they are expecting a relationship?

Having friends is too much work it always seems they ask way more of me than I ask of them

My husband and I have noticed that.
People we have tried to make friends with always want to do things on THEIR terms.
If we invite them to things they are not interested in, they say no.
But we will do things we don't want to do with them, as a sacrifice for the friendship.

It always seems to be a one-way or one-sided friendship, with us always making the sacrifices.

I think of love and friendship as very close to the same thing.

Friend - someone you can't wait to talk to and be around, but there is no physical attraction.
Lover - same only with physical attraction

Do you think it's possible for men/women to be friends without one being a "little more interested" than the other?

1. Someone that is there to tell you when you have messed up, and give you a kick in the pants when needed but also will not turn their back on you and are there through thick and thin...

2. I have a few real friends.

3. Yes, many people have a different view of what a friend is.

4. I believe Platonic relationship can be achieved between a man and a woman.

1. Someone that is there to tell you when you have messed up, and give you a kick in the pants when needed but also will not turn their back on you and are there through thick and thin...

On your #4, don't you want to expand upon that . . . IF . . . :D

On my way to a Drs. appt. Will comment on this later....

Someone who accepts ya no matter what and doesnt sit being judgey judgey all of the time. Someone who has your back no matter what, as well- and you can not-talk for 5 years and its still legit. Someone who doesnt flip dimes and bounce at the drop of a hat or because of a sudden miscommunication. Who doesnt expect expect expect, just enjoys.

Nope, I have a female friend I would never expand the definition of friendship to a little bit more...

Friends are a branch of your family that you get to choose... :)

Hmmm that's an interesting statement.
What do you mean by that? Guys that talk too much...? You mean they are expecting a relationship?

I relate guys that talk to much as guys that are generally boring, want to talk about their feelings and relationships, then to top it off they're insecure and wimpy. Who needs that crap.

My friends are people I've known for a very long time and have learned to trust, in the RAF, for instance. Incidentally, I find it quite easy to be friends with women, but it puts my wife off.

My husband and I have noticed that.
People we have tried to make friends with always want to do things on THEIR terms.
If we invite them to things they are not interested in, they say no.
But we will do things we don't want to do with them, as a sacrifice for the friendship.

It always seems to be a one-way or one-sided friendship, with us always making the sacrifices.

My wife and I talk about finding another couple to get together with but invariably we only like one of the two

Nope, I have a female friend I would never expand the definition of friendship to a little bit more...

Oh, so all of those other guys who say that men cannot be "just friends" with women must be lying then. :D Men have said that they cannot really be "just friends" if the woman is good looking/decent looking and that they will always be "fantasizing" about their "friend." So . . . . what about that? I mean, there are articles about this and everything.

What I meant was "if" you find the woman unattractive.

Forum List

Back