Friday: Occupy Wall Street Zuccotti Park Showdown

When the arrests start in the morning, I hope they hold each on $500 bail. It cost the city $2 million for extra cops while they were there. Each resister should have to pay a $500 fine.

I'm okay as long as they adhere to Non-violence. The thing is that if one chooses to Civil Disobedience, they are subject to Fine or Arrest, as long as they are clear on the matter, and willing to do what is required, there is balance. The Authorities have been the ones holding back on prosecutions, I guess that is the Mayor's call.

The protestors say they will form a human chain. Just how do you do that with all of their paraphanlia? The owners of the property say that the protestors will be screened before they are allowed back in. Which I bet, could take a long, long time. Not just 4 hours.

Yes, it doesn't look good. If I worked on Wall Street, I'd be at work at 5:00 to avoid the trouble.

I read in one story, clean up or having the protestors leave was actually going to start at 11:00 tonight.

They are Trespassing and Homesteading.

When the arrests start in the morning, I hope they hold each on $500 bail. It cost the city $2 million for extra cops while they were there. Each resister should have to pay a $500 fine.

I'm okay as long as they adhere to Non-violence. The thing is that if one chooses to Civil Disobedience, they are subject to Fine or Arrest, as long as they are clear on the matter, and willing to do what is required, there is balance. The Authorities have been the ones holding back on prosecutions, I guess that is the Mayor's call.

And how optimistic are you that they will adhere to non-violence? Ive seen no evidence that they believe in it.

Last edited:
There is no grass, only raised planting beds, and trees. Here's what it looks like, courtesy of Google.

edJjP.jpg

ODx1p.jpg

And how optimistic are you that they will adhere to non-violence? Ive seen no evidence that they believe in it.

We know there will be resisting arrest. Just hope no clown has a weapon. Other cities are watching to see how this turns out.

The protestors say they will form a human chain. Just how do you do that with all of their paraphanlia? The owners of the property say that the protestors will be screened before they are allowed back in. Which I bet, could take a long, long time. Not just 4 hours.

Yes, it doesn't look good. If I worked on Wall Street, I'd be at work at 5:00 to avoid the trouble.

I read in one story, clean up or having the protestors leave was actually going to start at 11:00 tonight.

One of the Codes I remember with Civil Disobedience is do not resist. Even going limp and forcing Cop's to carry you can be interpreted as resisting arrest. This crew is very poorly informed and poorly organized. If people do get hurt, the responsibility is on the Organizers first, and the Supporters too. No One should be resisting arrest. Arrest should be looked at as the goal if they are intentionally breaking the law. The Focus is wrong. The Organizers are incompetent, the Union's as usual have their heads up their asses.

One of the Codes I remember with Civil Disobedience is do not resist. Even going limp and forcing Cop's to carry you can be interpreted as resisting arrest. This crew is very poorly informed and poorly organized. If people do get hurt, the responsibility is on the Organizers first, and the Supporters too. No One should be resisting arrest. Arrest should be looked at as the goal if they are intentionally breaking the law. The Focus is wrong. The Organizers are incompetent, the Union's as usual have their heads up their asses.

You sound like you've been there, lol. What do you bet they will do it all wrong.

We know there will be resisting arrest. Just hope no clown has a weapon. Other cities are watching to see how this turns out.

If they do, it will not end well for them. Should it become violent or destructive, it's no longer Freedom of Speech. They need to grow the fuck up, and accept responsibility for their actions.

There is no grass, only raised planting beds, and trees. Here's what it looks like, courtesy of Google.

edJjP.jpg

ODx1p.jpg

OK... so they should tell them leave or we will hose ya down with the park! Bring in the firetrucks and begin to spray the place down.
Its probably VERY filthy with urine and feces :puke3:

Kinda like a nasty cat litter box :eek:

You think these people who are calling for violence won't be violent?

Last edited:
we are in for another Frigid Winter!! what will PMS NBS report then? There wont be anyone peeing in the snow while protesting wall street. I cant wait for the day I am watching the weather channel and they tell me that the high in new york tomorrow will be 45, but will dip to 32 degrees in the evening!

we are in for another Frigid Winter!! what will PMS NBS report then? There wont be anyone peeing in the snow while protesting wall street. I cant wait for the day I am watching the weather channel and they tell me that the high in new york tomorrow will be 45, but will dip to 32 degrees in the evening!

Well, Soup Nazi, OWS is protesting nationwide. I'm sure many climates will be suitable throughout the winter...

New Topics

Forum List

Back