French Senate passes gay marriage and adoption

Have you not been paying attention to the last few elections?

Haven't you? Republicans control 30 out of 50 states. The presidebt got elected because of free obamaphones, not same sex marriage.

Same sex marriage advocates believed that public opinion has shifted and tried to circumvent additional Prop 8 appeals by getting the issue back on the ballot and having people vote for it. They could not get enough signatures to qualify.

Maine

Maryland

Washington

You've not been paying attention, have you?

And Prop H8 is going down for being unconstitutional.

Whether or not a court says it is unconstitutional has nothing to do with public opinion. The court imposed ordered integration, bussing, and all kind of unpopular laws that didn't work. The court found Roe v. Wade constitutional and it never worked out either. The abortion fight is raging to this very day.

The most reasonable act for the court to take as regards Prop 8, is to find that the parties have no standing before the court. The most reasonable act for the court to take is to find DOMA unconstitutional and leave the matter to the states.

Every time the courts and politicians start tinkering with social engineering, it fails.

Haven't you? Republicans control 30 out of 50 states. The presidebt got elected because of free obamaphones, not same sex marriage.

Same sex marriage advocates believed that public opinion has shifted and tried to circumvent additional Prop 8 appeals by getting the issue back on the ballot and having people vote for it. They could not get enough signatures to qualify.

Maine

Maryland

Washington

Whether or not a court says it is unconstitutional has nothing to do with public opinion. The court imposed ordered integration, bussing, and all kind of unpopular laws that didn't work. The court found Roe v. Wade constitutional and it never worked out either. The abortion fight is raging to this very day.

The most reasonable act for the court to take as regards Prop 8, is to find that the parties have no standing before the court. The most reasonable act for the court to take is to find DOMA unconstitutional and leave the matter to the states.

Every time the courts and politicians start tinkering with social engineering, it fails.

Fascinating. :eusa_eh:

Maine

Maryland

Washington

You really think those laws worked don't you? Is this a denial of reality or what?

You really think those laws worked don't you? Is this a denial of reality or what?

Actually, I think it's fascinating that you think the Judicial Branch creates laws. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh. And you don't think integration has worked?

Wait.......what? :eek: You were FORCED to marry at 15?????????

Yes I was. It made sense to my parents at the time, which was 1963. They thought they were doing the right thing. By the time I was 16, I was married TWICE!

This explains A LOT. You're insane because you were raised by insane parents. Shocking.

Ironically enough, I find you seriously insane, insane enough to have your ideology completely crushed and scrubbed from the national identity with disinfectant.

Yes I was. It made sense to my parents at the time, which was 1963. They thought they were doing the right thing. By the time I was 16, I was married TWICE!

This explains A LOT. You're insane because you were raised by insane parents. Shocking.

Ironically enough, I find you seriously insane, insane enough to have your ideology completely crushed and scrubbed from the national identity with disinfectant.

But, we now know that your perceptions are insanely skewed.

"They" didn't even try because of the Prop 8 legal challenge. It's a small splinter group "Love, Honor, Cherish" that you are thinking of, not the primary Equal Rights groups of the state. The decided not to pursue a repeal while the legal case(s) were pending.

If you think that serious repeal attempt in California couldn't collect a little over 800,000 signatures when 6,401,482 voters voted to reject Prop 8 then you are either being disingenuous or fail to understand context.

All while ignoring the fact that Same-sex Civil Marriage won at the polls during the general election last year in 4 states with 3 approving outright marriage equality and 1 rejecting the inclusion of discrimination in their constitution.

>>>>

Actually, I think it's fascinating that you think the Judicial Branch creates laws. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously court ordered integration has not worked. Court ordered integration is the reason why Chicago is the way it is and Detroit is the way it is. It's the reason why there are white only and black only proms. It's the reason why blacks can now sit at lunch counters but there are damn few lunch counters in black neighborhoods. No one could look at the totality of American culture today and come away with anything other than court ordered integration was a monumental failure.

The judicial branch does create laws. It's called legislating from the bench. It's what they did when they created a non existent right of privacy in the Roe decison. And that didn't work either. Ever since the Roe decision, the people have been chipping away at it bit by bit. The issue was never settled and isn't settled today. Yet, at the time, it was widely believed that abortion was supported by the majority of the people. Of course it wasn't. That was a lie from the beginning. Just like public support for same sex marriage is a lie from the beginning.

Obviously court ordered integration has not worked. Court ordered integration is the reason why Chicago is the way it is and Detroit is the way it is. It's the reason why there are white only and black only proms. It's the reason why blacks can now sit at lunch counters but there are damn few lunch counters in black neighborhoods. No one could look at the totality of American culture today and come away with anything other than court ordered integration was a monumental failure.

The judicial branch does create laws. It's called legislating from the bench. It's what they did when they created a non existent right of privacy in the Roe decison. And that didn't work either. Ever since the Roe decision, the people have been chipping away at it bit by bit. The issue was never settled and isn't settled today. Yet, at the time, it was widely believed that abortion was supported by the majority of the people. Of course it wasn't. That was a lie from the beginning. Just like public support for same sex marriage is a lie from the beginning.

So Brown v Board of Ed was a failure?

And "legislating from the bench" is a RW lie and whine-talking point. Read the Constitution sometime.

"They" didn't even try because of the Prop 8 legal challenge. It's a small splinter group "Love, Honor, Cherish" that you are thinking of, not the primary Equal Rights groups of the state. The decided not to pursue a repeal while the legal case(s) were pending.

If you think that serious repeal attempt in California couldn't collect a little over 800,000 signatures when 6,401,482 voters voted to reject Prop 8 then you are either being disingenuous or fail to understand context.

All while ignoring the fact that Same-sex Civil Marriage won at the polls during the general election last year in 4 states with 3 approving outright marriage equality and 1 rejecting the inclusion of discrimination in their constitution.

>>>>

Oh please. I live in California. They were out at street corners and supermarkets trying to get enough signatures to qualify and end the issue once and for all. They couldn't do it.

Legalize same sex marriage and the fight will go on for decades, right along with the same kind of self-help now enjoyed in France and Britian.

I agree that people should have the freedom to conduct their lives according to the way they see fit. After all, I would have been entirely justified in refusing to work there at all based on nothing more than the women were lesbians. If I had that freedom, so did they. Which at 15, was very mature of me.

You were married at 15?

Yep! It wasn't my idea so don't blame me.

There's your "traditional" marriage.

>>>>

Oh please. I live in California. They were out at street corners and supermarkets trying to get enough signatures to qualify and end the issue once and for all. They couldn't do it.

Legalize same sex marriage and the fight will go on for decades, right along with the same kind of self-help now enjoyed in France and Britian.

It was a splinter group, not the primary movers and shakers in the Marriage Equality movement who decided to hold-off pending the Prop 8 challenge. You know the groups with the financial resources to seriously gather some signatures.

Almost 6,500,000 voted against Prop 8, you think they couldn't have gathered 800,000 or about 10% of those people to sign a repeal initiative if there had been a real effort.

Be honest, a serious effort would have been on the ballot easily (not saying it would have passed in 2010, but it would have been easily on the ballot).

>>>>

And "legislating from the bench" is a RW lie and whine-talking point. Read the Constitution sometime.

The Constitution provides for separation of powers which means that laws come from the legislature not the courts.

Brown v. Bd of Ed was a failure in practice. While the state is prohibited from specifically identifying public schools as white or black in practice the majority of schools are segregated by color resulting in very good schools and very poor schools.

If you think that court ordered integration actually integrated anything. The Brown decision prohibits the state from setting up segregated schools, but the reality is schools are as segregated as they ever were.

>>>>

If you mean the GOP will continue to pump millions of dollars fighting a battle already lost then yes, you are probably right. The GOP has historically and hypocritically spent money on lost battles while decrying tax dollars being wasted.

The Constitution provides for separation of powers which means that laws come from the legislature not the courts.

Brown v. Bd of Ed was a failure in practice. While the state is prohibited from specifically identifying public schools as white or black in practice the majority of schools are segregated by color resulting in very good schools and very poor schools.

If you think that court ordered integration actually integrated anything. The Brown decision prohibits the state from setting up segregated schools, but the reality is schools are as segregated as they ever were.

Wonderful. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back