Freedom of the Press????

Once again.......your opinion wasn't the question.

Like it or not, Fox and it's affiliates have every right to publish what they want and is legally protected to do so under the First Amendment........so does any other media source, just like WaPo, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc, etc, etc And every one of them have lied knowingly and intentionally, and they too have every right to publish those lies. And whether I like it or not, you have every right to believe it, or not.

If you weren't so out of touch, maybe you would have seen that a so called 'non-partisan' (that obviously is partisan) group is calling to have that stations license rejected because they don't like their content. Article mentions the Dominion Voting machines effecting election results..........which we all know is actually true.

FCC requesting public comment on the matter like White 6 says, is understandable I suppose, as long as all other news sources are subject to the same treatment
Looks like you may have missed the Dominion lawsuit which Murdock and Fox lost. There is another one coming up.

Dominion won proving that Fox lied.

What your words mean is....nothing

Looks like you may have missed the Dominion lawsuit which Murdock and Fox lost. There is another one coming up.

Dominion won proving that Fox lied.

What your words mean is....nothing

Yet the whole point of the thread was about 'Freedom of the Press' and if their license could be suspended because some group didn't like what or how they reported. As far as I know, it's not against the law to lie unless you're under oath. Can you name ONE news outlet that hasn't lied in their reporting?? Then lost their license because of it???? I think not

Also this is about ONE station, not the whole network

Yet the whole point of the thread was about 'Freedom of the Press' and if their license could be suspended because some group didn't like what or how they reported. As far as I know, it's not against the law to lie unless you're under oath. Can you name ONE news outlet that hasn't lied in their reporting?? Then lost their license because of it???? I think not

Also this is about ONE station, not the whole network
It is NOT what any group thinks about what Fox says or reported.

It is the endless LIES which are NOT protected by the First Amendment which Murdoch encouraged his employees to keep on.

It is the lies pushed about the 2020 election which went on way after the 2020 election. Lies about Companies and how they affected those Companies which lend machines to elections all over the world, but only in the US, were lied about. And the Companies are WINNING their law suits against Fox.

Nothing has happened yet. Too much hurricane, on your part, about something which has not happened yet, as we have not heard from one person in the public - either yes or no.

Let the public speak, first amendment. THEN, you may complain about any results from the public's voice.

It is NOT what any group thinks about what Fox says or reported.

It is the endless LIES which are NOT protected by the First Amendment which Murdoch encouraged his employees to keep on.

It is the lies pushed about the 2020 election which went on way after the 2020 election. Lies about Companies and how they affected those Companies which lend machines to elections all over the world, but only in the US, were lied about. And the Companies are WINNING their law suits against Fox.

Nothing has happened yet. Too much hurricane, on your part, about something which has not happened yet, as we have not heard from one person in the public - either yes or no.

Let the public speak, first amendment. THEN, you may complain about any results from the public's voice.

FCC Invites Comment on Request to Deny Fox TV License Renewal​

(Bloomberg) -- Regulators invited public comment on whether the US broadcast license for Fox Corp.’s TV station in Philadelphia should be renewed after a grassroots organization asked that it be denied, saying Fox knowingly broadcast false news about the 2020 election.

The Federal Communications Commission said in a notice that broad public participation in the proceeding would “serve the public interest.”

The Media and Democracy Project, a nonprofit group that calls itself non-partisan, in July urged the FCC to deny renewal for WTXF-TV. The next Fox station to seek license renewal won’t do so until 2028, according to Fox.

The Media and Democracy Project relied in part on findings from Dominion Voting Systems Inc.’s defamation lawsuit over Fox’s airing of false claims that the voting machine company rigged the 2020 presidential election. The group said WTXF and Fox harmed the public by willfully distorting election news, making Fox unqualified to remain a broadcast licensee.

Fox on Aug. 2 told the FCC the lawsuit concerned the Fox cable network, not WTXF, and was “an unrelated civil matter.” The First Amendment protecting free speech leaves government without power over what’s broadcast, the company said.

A Fox spokesperson called the petition “frivolous, completely without merit.”

Preston Padden, a former Fox executive who is backing the challenge, called the FCC action a “wonderful decision.”

The Media and Democracy Project said a hearing would lead to the denial of the Philadelphia station’s renewal application. Such a finding could be applied to other Fox stations, according to the group.

Fox owns and operates 29 broadcast television stations in 18 local US markets, including 14 of the 15 largest.

Is this really saying what I think it says??? The FCC is considering denying Fox their license because some 'grassroots' group got their panties in a wad because they disagree with what they publish???

While I don't pay that much attention to most all media sources, including Fox.......I do still think they have the right to publish whatever 'news' they see fit. Is that not what Freedom of the Press even means??? What would be the difference of Fox, CNN, NYT, or even National Enquire???

Right now, I'm tired and going to bed.....so it is possible I'm reading this wrong but I just wanted to put it out there to see what anyone else thought.
I didnt know you needed permission or a license to exercise your 1st A rights??

I think broadcast on public airwaves is a different subject,,

IDK, maybe. I was thinking of radio, tv, newspapers, ham radios, phone companies (landline and cell), even IP providers online, etc.

Any Joe Blow can't set up any of these in his basement without some kind of FCC license.

We as a people or individual, or private group can and do exercise our 1A without license, but that's not what this is about. It is about some group making a complaint to the FCC to not renew one Fox stations license to broadcast because Fox the company lost a lawsuit.

IDK, what am I missing here???

Forum List

Back