freedom Nazi

How has Trump killed The Republic? (we are not a Democracy)

You do know that a republic and a democracy are not mutually exclusive, right?

RW's dont know their ass from their elbow .. dumbest pricks on the planet

Well, apparently martybegan is a fucking genius, he has no problem throwing out our democracy to defend Trump, what an asshole.

Again, we are not a democracy, and what has currently happened to ruin our federalist democratic republic?

We are a representative democracy, just stop being a dumbass, I implore you.

I suggest you stop being the dumbass, the US is a Constitutional Federal Republic.

How has Trump killed The Republic? (we are not a Democracy)

Well, apparently martybegan is a fucking genius, he has no problem throwing out our democracy to defend Trump, what an asshole.

Again, we are not a democracy, and what has currently happened to ruin our federalist democratic republic?

We are a Federal Constitutional Democratic Republic.

Nothing changes the simple truth that all this thread's whining about losing freedoms is pure bullshit.

Again, which freedoms have been lost?

I suggest you stop being the dumbass, the US is a Constitutional Federal Republic.

And who gave you the idea that a 'Constitutional Federal Republic' can't also be a democracy?

And who gave you the idea that a 'Constitutional Federal Republic' can't also be a democracy?

i't democratic, not a democracy.

One implies certain traits, the other implies the "pure" form.

Nothing changes the simple truth that all this thread's whining about losing freedoms is pure bullshit.

Are we a democracy?

Say it with me, yes we are a democracy. Fuck, take a civics class, get your GED STAT!

Or, read this:

Constitutional FAQ Answer #76 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Q "Is the United States a constitutional republic? Is one of the purposes of a constitutional republic to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority?"

A. The United States is a federal republic and a constitutional representative democracy.

The "federal" part is one of three basic types of organization of power — unitary, confederal, and federal. Most nations are unitary in nature (local government with a powerful national government). There are no confederacies that I know of at this time (the U.S., under the Articles of Confederation was one; Germany and Switzerland have also had confederate systems in the past). Federal systems are common among large nations where several levels of government are needed. Australia, Canada, and Brazil are federal as well. Federations do not always work, such as in the case of the United Arab Republic.

The "republic" implies that we have a strong head of state (the President) and elected officials representing the people.

The "constitutional" part means that we have a constitution, which is pretty obvious, considering this site. Finally, the "representative democracy" part means that the people elect representatives to take care of legislative matters. Originally, the only part of the government that fit this description was the House of Representatives. Today, the Senate does, too, and in current practice, so does the Electoral College.

The mere fact that a nation has a constitution, is a federation, or is a republic, does not imply that minorities are fairly treated. It is the content of that constitution, and the values of that federation and/or republic that protects the rights of minorities.

Note that a democracy, in the true sense of the word, does not protect the minority — majority rules.

Are we a democracy?

Say it with me, yes we are a democracy. Fuck, take a civics class, get your GED STAT!

Or, read this:

Constitutional FAQ Answer #76 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Q "Is the United States a constitutional republic? Is one of the purposes of a constitutional republic to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority?"

A. The United States is a federal republic and a constitutional representative democracy.

The "federal" part is one of three basic types of organization of power — unitary, confederal, and federal. Most nations are unitary in nature (local government with a powerful national government). There are no confederacies that I know of at this time (the U.S., under the Articles of Confederation was one; Germany and Switzerland have also had confederate systems in the past). Federal systems are common among large nations where several levels of government are needed. Australia, Canada, and Brazil are federal as well. Federations do not always work, such as in the case of the United Arab Republic.

The "republic" implies that we have a strong head of state (the President) and elected officials representing the people.

The "constitutional" part means that we have a constitution, which is pretty obvious, considering this site. Finally, the "representative democracy" part means that the people elect representatives to take care of legislative matters. Originally, the only part of the government that fit this description was the House of Representatives. Today, the Senate does, too, and in current practice, so does the Electoral College.

The mere fact that a nation has a constitution, is a federation, or is a republic, does not imply that minorities are fairly treated. It is the content of that constitution, and the values of that federation and/or republic that protects the rights of minorities.

Note that a democracy, in the true sense of the word, does not protect the minority — majority rules.

You have to use the other qualifiers to be true, this article just proves that.

And the article is wrong about all republics having strong heads of State. Plenty of Republics have political power in the head of government (PM) not the head of State,(president).

Try linking to an article that doesn't get a big point wrong next time.

The article itself says we are not a pure democracy.

Try reading your links first.

Are we a democracy?

Or, read this:

Nobody said the other qualifiers weren't true, you're not just moving the goalposts, you're playing in a different field. You said we aren't a democracy, we are, idiot. We are the very definition of a representative democracy.

And the article is wrong about all republics having strong heads of State. Plenty of Republics have political power in the head of government (PM) not the head of State,(president).

Christ, you just keep batting 0 don't you? Definition of Republic:
Definition of REPUBLIC

a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president
(2) : a political unit (such as a nation) having such a form of government
b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law
c : a usually specified republican government of a political unit

• the French FourthRepublic
2: a body of persons freely engaged in a specified activity
  • the republic of letters
: a constituent political and territorial unit of the former nations of Czechoslovakia, the U.S.S.R., or Yugoslavia

By the way a PM can be 'head of state'. which only means a person who holds the highest position in national government, want proof? Here is another definition:

the definition of head of state
noun
the person who holds the highest position in a national government:
a meeting of heads of state.

I know, mind blown, amiright?

I guess you were wrong about that, but who by now would be surprised?

Here you are moving those goal posts, nobody said we were a pure democracy, quite the contrary actually.

Try understanding the links I post first before commenting.

Jesus, we're not a democracy? Fuck you. :badgrin:

Are we a democracy?

Or, read this:

Nobody said the other qualifiers weren't true, you're not just moving the goalposts, you're playing in a different field. You said we aren't a democracy, we are, idiot. We are the very definition of a representative democracy.

Definition of REPUBLIC

a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president
b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law

: a constituent political and territorial unit of the former nations of Czechoslovakia, the U.S.S.R., or Yugoslavia

By the way a PM can be 'head of state'. which only means a person who holds the highest position in national government, want proof? Here is another definition:

noun

Here you are moving those goal posts, nobody said we were a pure democracy, quite the contrary actually.

You had to elaborate, as such you original statement was WRONG. nothing in your copypasta refutes that.

In a Republic like India, the head of State is the President, the head of government is the PM, and the PM has the power, not the head of State.

In Parliamentary systems, "government" means the people in power at that time. The "State" is represented by the President, who often has few actual powers.

Keep digging, hack-douche.

Are we a democracy?

Or, read this:

Definition of REPUBLIC

noun

You had to elaborate, as such you original statement was WRONG. nothing in your copypasta refutes that.

In a Republic like India, the head of State is the President, the head of government is the PM, and the PM has the power, not the head of State.

In Parliamentary systems, "government" means the people in power at that time. The "State" is represented by the President, who often has few actual powers.

What in my original statement was wrong? Please, I beg you to point that out.

We do know that you saying the U.S. is not a democracy is wrong.

Are we a democracy?

Or, read this:

Definition of REPUBLIC

noun

That a qualifying part of a Republic is a "Strong Head of State" which is 100% wrong. Some have strong ones, others have figureheads, others have something in the middle.

Again, the US is a Constitutional Federal Democratic Republic.

Are we a democracy?

Or, read this:

Definition of REPUBLIC

noun

That a qualifying part of a Republic is a "Strong Head of State" which is 100% wrong. Some have strong ones, others have figureheads, others have something in the middle.

It's not wrong, it's the definition.

Which is a democracy, idiot.

no freedom for YOU !!!

Watchdog says democratic freedoms waning in US under Trump

WHO NEEDS DEMOCRACY ?

we have a Dickhead Dictator driving the short bus.
Democracy isn't freedom, dumbass.

upload_2018-1-17_12-7-54.jpeg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Definition of REPUBLIC

noun

No, it isn't. You quoted something wrong. Man up and admit it.

It has democratic parts, it is not a democracy.

Definition of REPUBLIC

noun

What did I 'quote wrong'? We are a democracy, we are not a direct democracy which nobody claimed we were. Idiot. :badgrin:

What did I 'quote wrong'? We are a democracy, we are not a direct democracy which nobody claimed we were. Idiot. :badgrin:

When you yammer around screaming about "democracy" being ruined, you imply the will of the people. However as we have a constitution that tempers that will, your screams for democracy being threatened ring hollow, because we are not a true democracy.

When you yammer around screaming about "democracy" being ruined, you imply the will of the people. However as we have a constitution that tempers that will, your screams for democracy being threatened ring hollow, because we are not a true democracy.

What the hell are you whimpering about? You said the US wasn't a democracy, I said it was and proved you wrong. Can you get anything right in this thread? :badgrin:

What the hell are you whimpering about? You said the US wasn't a democracy, I said it was and proved you wrong. Can you get anything right in this thread? :badgrin:

You proved nothing. And again, as part of the premise of this thread, what part of our "democracy" is Trump ruining?

Forum List

Back