Freedom From Religion Fanatics Demand Removal of Star of David From Holocaust Memoria

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Just when I thought the anti-religious, anti-First Amendment left couldn’t get any more base, any more insulting, I read this:

The Freedom from Religion Foundation wants the proposed Statehouse Holocaust memorial changed by removing what it sees as the Jewish religious symbolism of the Star of David.

In a June 14 letter to Richard H. Finan, chairman of the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board, two foundation officials said they have no objections to a Holocaust memorial at the Statehouse. However, architect Daniel Libeskind’s design includes a cut-out version of a 6-pointed star, usually interepreted as the Star of David, a symbol associated with Judiasm. Arguably, that would be a violation of the separation of church and state set out in the U.S. Constitution, the foundation said.

There comes a time when people of faith – any faith – have to stand up and oppose these anti-morality freaks and put a stop to their outrageous efforts! Read more @ Freedom From Religion | Star of David | Holocaust memorial

To learn more about these hateful people, check out New Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:evil:

I'm a big fan of a separation of church and state in all arenas. Although I fail to see the need of a state sponsored memorial to the Holocaust, whatever. I can see how the Star of David can be incorporated into a Holocaust memorial, provided all the other groups that were persecuted by the Nazis get theirs too (e.g. homosexuals, mentally ill, pacifists, political prisoners, French Africans, Slavs, Roma, etc...). It just boils down to how some people are real-life internet trolls. If they didn't hang their hat on atheism as a justification for being assholes, they would come up with some other reason.

Forum List

Back