Free George Zimmerman

Everyone here should know that I have always been an advocate of the law in this case. Well, we let the law work and this is what it has come to. I refuse to believe that Ms.Corey is doing this for political gain or because of the immense pressure from the lynch mob. I will not say i know this for a fact, I just refuse to believe it until it is proven otherwise.

Free Zimmerman? Really? Now you guys are doing just what the lynch mob has been doing. You are basing your stand on nothing. YOU don't know the evidence, YOU weren't there, and none of us can trust what is being said in the media (NBC anyone?).

Neither side should be proclaiming anything right now. We asked for the law to be allowed to work and it is. Let's let it run it's course.

With all the supposedly eyewitness testimony being contradictory and if the evidence shows injuries and grass on Zim's back I can see reasonable doubt and that's all it takes for acquittal.
Who do the jurors believe? I can also see an attempt for a change of venue although because of the publicity it will be hard to find anyone who has not heard of the case.

From what I have heard and seen (which may be skewed, altered or just lies told in the media) I find it hard to believe that a second degree murder conviction is possible. The jury will be mostly Hispanic and White so the verdict will be viewed in racial terms by the black community. He may be found guilty of lesser included crimes if that is possible in Florida and the prosecutor includes them although I do not know what they would be. Discharging a weapon in the city limits may be one of the lesser but the main contention would be did Zim violate the self defense law. If he did not violate that he can not be found guilty of taking another's life.

It comes down to one guy shooting another, and why. Why was Zimmerman there, why did Martin attack him ? Zimmerman did not have to use the self defense law. He should never have gotten out of his car. Had he just followed in his car none of it would have happened.

But it is not about what is right, it is about did he follow the law. Trials are not conducted by public opinion but by facts and whether the law was violated. True, if he had not gotten out of the car we would not be talking about this. But he did not violate any law getting out of the car. If it is against the law the observe intruders in your neighborhood then all the neighbor watch programs are illegal.

The prosecutors must prove Zimmerman's shooting of Martin was rooted in hatred or ill will and counter his claims that he shot Martin to protect himself while patrolling his gated community in the Orlando suburb of Sanford. Zimmerman's lawyers would only have to prove by a preponderance of evidence — a relatively low legal standard — that he acted in self-defense at a pretrial hearing to prevent the case from going to trial.
There's a "high likelihood it could be dismissed by the judge even before the jury gets to hear the case," Florida defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.
The Associated Press: Prosecutors face hurdles in Trayvon Martin case

I've read he'll be in front of a Judge at 1:30 TODAY; let the Court decide.

I really believe he was arrested just to appease the people that have been screaming for his arrest...whether they had real evidence or not.

They had WEEKS to make this decision. I may be wrong, but i think they had to come up with something that the protestors would be satisfied with. 2nd Degree Murder sounds good...but i have a feeling that he will probably walk away with a very short sentence, or none at all, once the jury hears all the evidence. There are many out there that will not accept a not guilty verdict, no matter what the evidence is. In fact i believe there are many that will protest (or riot) anything less than a 10 yr sentence, no matter if the evidence happens to prove that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

I don't see any evidence that exonerates Zimmerman.

If Trayvon attacked him, it was because he followed him after being told not to by a 911 operator. In short, his negligence in getting into that situation negates any mitigation during the situation.

Kind of like a drunk driver doesn't get off because he was drunk.

Do I think there were politics involved here? Absolutely. But I think that a law that allows a loose cannon like Zimmerman to walk around packing a 9MM and shoot a kid in the street is pure insanity.

Zimmerman's carrying a gun was not the proximate cause of Trayvon's death. If the evidence shows that Trayvon attacked Zimmernan, that was the proximate cause of Trayvon's death. Sort of like a drunk driving down the street and a kid throws a brick through the window hitting the driver in the head resulting in an accident. The drunk driver is not responsible no matter how drunk he was.

This is a criminal matter, once the Martin family files a civil suit then the proximate cause becomes relevant. In your example the drunk driver is culpable for being drunk and driving and will if convicted suffer the penalties for the commission of that criminal offense; the rock is irrelevant to the drunks culpability.

However in a civil matter the rock thrower would be named, if known, as a defendant along with the drunk driver in any civil action seeking damages from the accident.

The cause of Martin's death is not in question, and will not be denied by the defense. Zimmerman will plead not guilty and his attorneys will argue an affirmative defense (i.e. a defense which amount to something more than a mere denial of the Information's allegation(s) and offers a theory that Zimmerman's act was justified).

The burden of the state is to prove the second part of causation - mens res the state of Zimmerman's mind at the time he shot Martin.

Last edited:
I really believe he was arrested just to appease the people that have been screaming for his arrest...whether they had real evidence or not.

They had WEEKS to make this decision. I may be wrong, but i think they had to come up with something that the protestors would be satisfied with. 2nd Degree Murder sounds good...but i have a feeling that he will probably walk away with a very short sentence, or none at all, once the jury hears all the evidence. There are many out there that will not accept a not guilty verdict, no matter what the evidence is. In fact i believe there are many that will protest (or riot) anything less than a 10 yr sentence, no matter if the evidence happens to prove that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

I don't see any evidence that exonerates Zimmerman. That's b/c you're full of shit and assumed he was guilty when you still "knew" he was white.

If Trayvon attacked him, it was because he followed him after being told not to by a 911 operator. When did 911 operators get that authority? and fyi, she never told him not to, that's another lie. In short, his negligence in getting into that situation negates any mitigation during the situation. more bullshit.

Do I think there were politics involved here? Absolutely. But I think that a law that allows a loose cannon like Zimmerman to walk around packing a 9MM and shoot a kid in the street is pure insanity.

It's called the Second Amendment.

I know, I know. As a liberal you hate that and will do everything in your power to remove that right, but us Freedom loving Americans will always fight back, with the truth.

I've read he'll be in front of a Judge at 1:30 TODAY; let the Court decide.

Whatever is decided at the preliminary hearing will be appealed. IMO Zimmerman will be held to answer and bound over for trial.

They should make Al Sharpton foreman of the jury for good measure. We sure as hell don't want justice for no hispanic guy. oh hell no,, he must be a motherfucking turtle people..

I don't see any evidence that exonerates Zimmerman.

If Trayvon attacked him, it was because he followed him after being told not to by a 911 operator. In short, his negligence in getting into that situation negates any mitigation during the situation.

Of course you don't...because you already decided he was guilty.
How would Zimmerman know that Martin didn't have a gun on him?
Did Martin live in that "gated community" that had been having problems with break-ins? Zimmerman was out there "watching" because that area HAD had quite a few break-ins recently, so of course he would wonder why this kid was in the neighborhodd, if he didn't live there.

And why, once Zimmerman turned around and went back to his truck did Martin decide to confront him instead of keep walking home (if that's what he was doing)? I think Martin was looking for trouble, otherwise he would have just walked away (as Zimmerman did). If he'd done that, none of this would have happened.

There was a mob waiting outside of prosecutor, Angela Corey's door. Apparently that hag decided, better George Zimmerman than me.

Meanwhile Eric Holder and Al Sharpton are going around patting themselves on the backs. They are ecstatic that an innocent man is now on trial.

Of course, they are completely disassociated from reality. Let's look at the top comments on the CBS Miami website.

Graham Rogers

So much for justice in America. Defend yourself, get charged with Murder. This is disgusting, 100% disgusting.
Jan Ullrich7

And Eric Holder thanks Sharpton for his tireless work of being a community agitator. Anyone says there aren't protected classes and races in this country are either idiots, part of the problem or both.

Big_Bear

As long as the liberals feel safe pursuing this course of action, they will continue to pursue it.

Thugs are terrorists and liberals are terrorist supporters, and should be treated as such. They can always opt to use their mental illness as a defense.
joedoakes202

Actually I'm a happy guy, but I appreciate your concern, though Obama could use a hot lunch, could you spare it . . .

:)

What comes next . . .

April 11, 2012

Dear President Obama,

You don’t look well. You need to eat more and get more rest. I know being a liberal c o m m i e is hard work in this country; you are always swimming upstream, and trying to deny some basic and self evident truths about human nature and God. That’s no easy task, and it certainly takes it’s toll on the human body. I’m well rested and in good shape. My wife hates me as much as your’s hates you. But after so many years of wedded bliss and raising children, and losing one, that’s par for the course. I knew going into this it wasn’t going to be easy, if I wanted easy I would have become a Democrat. Because the excuses are prepackaged, and even if I foul up the country, some boot licker will p r os titu te themselves for me on national television!

How’s that feel? If it were me. I’d feel pretty bad. Terrible in fact. Because my conscience would tell me I’m doing something wrong. That moral compass was mostly instilled through watching my father and grandfather handle life. Often I contemplate all they accomplished and I’m astounded by it. They both built this country by defending it, and creating the opportunity for others to take that first step on the ladder to success. Now this did not come without significant aggravation and tragedy. The road of life is not an easy thing for people who want to accomplish things. People like you are in the way. Then people like you are elected to office. Then people like you become President.

Then the whole thing goes to pot.

A few times I’ve seen that happen to my old man. The divorce. The factory. The this or the that. He would do something that I’ve had to do myself a few times. One time I was outside playing with my friends and he slams the door. Get’s into his car. A pontiac trans-am, the one with the bird on it, rolls up the windows, and then I can hear the muffled screams and see him banging everything. One day that’ll be you. One day you’ll get into the Presidential limo and get so pi $ $ ed off at the wisdom of the Founding Fathers; “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed . . .” and you’ll realize that the bullet and b o mb proof steel you are striking to try to calm down is far weaker then the combined will of “We the People.”

“We The People” get to tell you what to do, and in 209 days we will.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

He isn't innocent, he killed a kid in cold blood. He isn't innocent.

There was a mob waiting outside of prosecutor, Angela Corey's door. Apparently that hag decided, better George Zimmerman than me.

Meanwhile Eric Holder and Al Sharpton are going around patting themselves on the backs. They are ecstatic that an innocent man is now on trial.

Of course, they are completely disassociated from reality. Let's look at the top comments on the CBS Miami website.

Graham Rogers

So much for justice in America. Defend yourself, get charged with Murder. This is disgusting, 100% disgusting.

joedoakes202

Actually I'm a happy guy, but I appreciate your concern, though Obama could use a hot lunch, could you spare it . . .

What comes next . . .

April 11, 2012

Dear President Obama,

You don’t look well. You need to eat more and get more rest. I know being a liberal c o m m i e is hard work in this country; you are always swimming upstream, and trying to deny some basic and self evident truths about human nature and God. That’s no easy task, and it certainly takes it’s toll on the human body. I’m well rested and in good shape. My wife hates me as much as your’s hates you. But after so many years of wedded bliss and raising children, and losing one, that’s par for the course. I knew going into this it wasn’t going to be easy, if I wanted easy I would have become a Democrat. Because the excuses are prepackaged, and even if I foul up the country, some boot licker will p r os titu te themselves for me on national television!

How’s that feel? If it were me. I’d feel pretty bad. Terrible in fact. Because my conscience would tell me I’m doing something wrong. That moral compass was mostly instilled through watching my father and grandfather handle life. Often I contemplate all they accomplished and I’m astounded by it. They both built this country by defending it, and creating the opportunity for others to take that first step on the ladder to success. Now this did not come without significant aggravation and tragedy. The road of life is not an easy thing for people who want to accomplish things. People like you are in the way. Then people like you are elected to office. Then people like you become President.

Then the whole thing goes to pot.

A few times I’ve seen that happen to my old man. The divorce. The factory. The this or the that. He would do something that I’ve had to do myself a few times. One time I was outside playing with my friends and he slams the door. Get’s into his car. A pontiac trans-am, the one with the bird on it, rolls up the windows, and then I can hear the muffled screams and see him banging everything. One day that’ll be you. One day you’ll get into the Presidential limo and get so pi $ $ ed off at the wisdom of the Founding Fathers; “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed . . .” and you’ll realize that the bullet and b o mb proof steel you are striking to try to calm down is far weaker then the combined will of “We the People.”

“We The People” get to tell you what to do, and in 209 days we will.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

He isn't innocent, he killed a kid in cold blood. He isn't innocent.

He is unless a court proves otherwise.

sorry

I know you all likes a good hanging, but your going to have to wait.

:lol:

With the second-degree murder charge, is anyone here familiar with Florida law? In a trial would a jury be able to consider or find him guilty of a lesser manslaughter or is it second-degree or nothing?

If the Defense can show any indication of a struggle between the two, he will walk on second-degree. The question is putting this "stand your ground" law on trial. Was deadly force necessary?

With the second-degree murder charge, is anyone here familiar with Florida law? In a trial would a jury be able to consider or find him guilty of a lesser manslaughter or is it second-degree or nothing?

If the Defense can show any indication of a struggle between the two, he will walk on second-degree. The question is putting this "stand your ground" law on trial. Was deadly force necessary?

It doesn't matter.

He can't get a fair trial.

All any attorney has to do is play the video of obama putting his worthless 2 cents in and it's a mistrial.

That assumes that Trayvon is the kid maliciously throwing a brick, and not a kid who was wondering why a complete stranger was following him in a car and then on foot.

Trayvon had every reason to feel threatened under those circumstances.

Though I don't think those circumstances would have, by themselves, been enough to provoke Trayvon to be involved in any kind of physical altercation with Zimmerman.

With all the supposedly eyewitness testimony being contradictory and if the evidence shows injuries and grass on Zim's back I can see reasonable doubt and that's all it takes for acquittal.

Reasonable doubt of what? What makes you think the prosecution is going to deny that a physical altercation took place? All the stuff about Zimmerman having grass on his back and having minor injuries is STILL 100% consistent with a Zimmerman-aggressor scenario.

It doesn't matter.

He can't get a fair trial.

All any attorney has to do is play the video of obama putting his worthless 2 cents in and it's a mistrial.

If Obama's 2 cents are worthless, how can they effect the fairness of a trial?

Mens rea is the issue (or, more fully, actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act does not make a person guilty unless the mind is also guilty".

Why was Zimmerman carrying a firearm? When did he chamber the round which killed Martin? Was it a common practice that he carried the round chambered (as most police officers do)?

There is much to be learned before a conclusion is made, but suggesting Zimmerman cannot get a fair trial is absurd.

And why, once Zimmerman turned around and went back to his truck did Martin decide to confront him instead of keep walking home (if that's what he was doing)? I think Martin was looking for trouble, otherwise he would have just walked away (as Zimmerman did). If he'd done that, none of this would have happened.

Statements like these are quoted as truths but this is actually speculation as well. Repeating this over and over as fact makes you no better than the "lynch mob."

Forum List

Back