Free book from the BGG library to the first founding history buff...

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
If you are a founding history buff like me, and have never read "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer, I have a free like new paperback copy available to the person who can tell me how many amendments have been introduced to Congress.

I upgraded my library with a very nice hardcover edition.

Edited to add: No Googling for an answer. Honor system in place. You get one guess. It is a hard question. I may decide to offer the book to the person who comes the closest, if the correct answer hasn't been posted.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Reveres-David-Hackett-Fischer/dp/0195098315/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257128228&sr=1-1[/ame]

Last edited:
According to Wiki only 6 have ever been accepted by Congress and not approved. Not sure how to look up ones that were recommended but not accepted.

And of course they did not include those from the Bill of Rights.

If you mean all the ones that are suggested every session that would be one HUGE number, I know hundreds are suggested all the time and never go anywhere. So say 200 times every session of Congress and you may get close.

I bet it is in the 10's of thousands knowing power hunger don't have anything better to do congressmen/woman

If you mean all the ones that are suggested every session that would be one HUGE number, I know hundreds are suggested all the time and never go anywhere. So say 200 times every session of Congress and you may get close.

Yes, it is a huge number. I am not going to give anymore hints. :eusa_whistle:

I think you want to give me that book since I'm the one that really wants to read up on our founding history. Others will just shelf it.

I think you want to give me that book since I'm the one that really wants to read up on our founding history. Others will just shelf it.

Keep your fingers crossed. ;) I hope whoever reads it, does so for the very reason you stated.

I will be holding another contest for another book, in a few weeks.

This will be the book for that contest. It doesn't have a dj.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Year-Hangman-Washingtons-Campaign-Iroquois/dp/1594160414/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257131096&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Year of the Hangman: George Washington's Campaign Against the Iroquois (9781594160417): Glenn F. Williams: Books[/ame]

Ok well good luck, I must retire now, appointment tomorrow in the AM. *crosses fingers all is ok*

Forum List

Back