Fred Thompson @ RNC

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I just read the speech Fred gave at the RNC. And I must say that even though i am no raving fan of McCain the politician, reading and then listening to what Thompson said and the description of the agonies JM endured as a POW was eye opening.

The resolve and sheer force of will that kept JM alive under circumstances that are utterly unimaginable to us are examples of strength and character that must be respected.

The sole reason I am voting for JM is that he is the candidate whose platform most closely fits with my own political philosophies. And believe me when I say that it is not a very good fit. But I take some measure of comfort that the man I vote for has a strength and resolve that is far beyond my own.

I just don't see that strength in Obama.

I just read the speech Fred gave at the RNC. And I must say that even though i am no raving fan of McCain the politician, reading and then listening to what Thompson said and the description of the agonies JM endured as a POW was eye opening.

The resolve and sheer force of will that kept JM alive under circumstances that are utterly unimaginable to us are examples of strength and character that must be respected.

The sole reason I am voting for JM is that he is the candidate whose platform most closely fits with my own political philosophies. And believe me when I say that it is not a very good fit. But I take some measure of comfort that the man I vote for has a strength and resolve that is far beyond my own.

I just don't see that strength in Obama.

I agree....the story was quite graphic and horrifying.

I wonder how John McCain is able to relive the horror OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again every time either he retells it or someone else does on his behalf?

It's therapeutic, dear.

And it's something we should NEVER, EVER forget. Too many Americans conveniently forget at what price freedom is paid, and what it is like if we don't maintain it.

I have no problem with retelling the story, along with showing footage of the towers coming down.

I agree....the story was quite graphic and horrifying.

I wonder how John McCain is able to relive the horror OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again every time either he retells it or someone else does on his behalf?

it seems to me that JM has dealt with his demons regarding the past. if this were not true then he couldn't use his experiences as an example of strength and courage in hopes of inspiring others.

Last edited:
It's therapeutic, dear.

And it's something we should NEVER, EVER forget. Too many Americans conveniently forget at what price freedom is paid, and what it is like if we don't maintain it.

I have no problem with retelling the story, along with showing footage of the towers coming down.

The only smart thing that I have ever read from you. Pos rep coming.

Forum List

Back