France outlaws burkas

I hope this doesn't survive French courts, it is blatant descrimination

What would the response be if they said nuns are not allowed to wear habits or jews are not allowed to wear a yalmuka

You go ahead and post Pics of each... Habits... Yalmukas and then Burkas...

I'll let you Know the Difference once you've done this, because you are Obviously Ignorant of Fact to Post something that Fucking Stupid.

Or, you are being Deliberately Dishonest, either because you are an Internet Asshole like Ravi, or you Hope to Convince at least some that these (3) things are Analgous when they are NOT.

I'll be here.

:)

peace...

Nun%27s%20habit.jpg

Strange looking isn't it? Why would anyone want to dress this way? Don't you find this offensive?

These women should not be allowed to cover their bodies.....what if they are hiding a weapon or something under there?

I hope this doesn't survive French courts, it is blatant descrimination

What would the response be if they said nuns are not allowed to wear habits or jews are not allowed to wear a yalmuka

You go ahead and post Pics of each... Habits... Yalmukas and then Burkas...

I'll let you Know the Difference once you've done this, because you are Obviously Ignorant of Fact to Post something that Fucking Stupid.

Or, you are being Deliberately Dishonest, either because you are an Internet Asshole like Ravi, or you Hope to Convince at least some that these (3) things are Analgous when they are NOT.

I'll be here.

peace...

Nun%27s%20habit.jpg

Strange looking isn't it? Why would anyone want to dress this way? Don't you find this offensive?

These women should not be allowed to cover their bodies.....what if they are hiding a weapon or something under there?

Idiot.

It's about the Faces being Covered...

That's why you weren't Honest about it and Failed to Post Pics of EACH.

Try again.

peace...

It all comes down to intollerance of other cultures. A woman wears a burka because she is not supposed to reveal herself to other men. We think it is stupid....so we ban it

Is it any different than our cultural ban on a woam baring her breasts? There is no pressing reason women should not be allowed to walk around toplesss....men do it

But there is a cultural distaste of women baring their breasts in public. We respect this ban but think muslim women should be forced to "expose" themselves in public

bridal-veil.jpg

Should this bride be allowed to cover her face?

When you are Honest enough to post (3) Pics that would Illustrate your Attempt at Comparing Catholics, Jews and Islamists, I will get back with you on that Question...

Fucking Troll.

epace...

If you wish to make a point you are free to post your own pictures on this thread

It all comes down to intollerance of other cultures. A woman wears a burka because she is not supposed to reveal herself to other men. We think it is stupid....so we ban it

Is it any different than our cultural ban on a woam baring her breasts? There is no pressing reason women should not be allowed to walk around toplesss....men do it

But there is a cultural distaste of women baring their breasts in public. We respect this ban but think muslim women should be forced to "expose" themselves in public

In covering breasts, genitals, etc, we as a society are accepting a social norm, a standard relevant to the society we live in. In France, it has gotten to the point where it has become necessary to encode in law what is socially acceptable within their culture in regards to what can be worn. It's really unfortunate that it had to be taken to this extreme, but when you have a group of people who violate those social norms in a way that starts to threaten that society as a whole (with what they represent), then measures must be taken. Do you think if a bunch of westerners tried to immigrate to Saudi Arabia, with the women wearing scantily clad clothes, it would not be perceived as a threat, an attempted cultural usurpation? That's what this is really about. It's not really about "women's rights."

In America women have the right to wear almost anything they like, but they can't walk around naked.

In France women have the right to wear almost anything they like, but they can't walk around covered head to toe. I think it has to be a reasonable compromise for a society to remain cohesive.

In covering breasts, genitals, etc, we as a society are accepting a social norm, a standard relevant to the society we live in. In France, it has gotten to the point where it has become necessary to encode in law what is socially acceptable within their culture in regards to what can be worn. It's really unfortunate that it had to be taken to this extreme, but when you have a group of people who violate those social norms in a way that starts to threaten that society as a whole (with what they represent), then measures must be taken. Do you think if a bunch of westerners tried to immigrate to Saudi Arabia, with the women wearing scantily clad clothes, it would not be perceived as a threat, an attempted cultural usurpation? That's what this is really about. It's not really about "women's rights."

In America women have the right to wear almost anything they like, but they can't walk around naked.

In France women have the right to wear almost anything they like, but they can't walk around covered head to toe. I think it has to be a reasonable compromise for a society to remain cohesive.

We do not look to the Saudis to be our model for cultural tolerance

We do not look to the Saudis to be our model for cultural tolerance

Indeed. Imagine if a bunch of people with the level of cultural tolerance of the Saudis immigrated to another country and started trying to intimidate the original population with little trifles one by one such as demanding concessions to their dress code, their laws, their oppressive way of life, all in the name of religious freedom. The burka is probably one of the most symbolic representations of what's transgressing.

How far does cultural tolerance go? Do we tolerated stonings and beheadings in the name of permitting others to express their religious freedom? Do we allow the brainwashed oppression of women with the burka?

Ski masks are for skiing. They are restricted as to where you can wear them. Can't wear your golf spikes everywhere either. I guess when a couple of your people wear bombs under those things, it ruins it for everyone.

I'm tired of government dictating how women dress. France is no different than Iran now.

Um... France is Stoning Women who have been Raped and Executing Homosexuals for Acting on their Urges?...

Wow, I had no Idea.

France is Dealing with Terrorists on their Streets like People in Arizona are Dealing with Mexican Nationals taking Jobs...

If you don't like, Move out of France.

peace...

im talking about in terms of dress. obviously France isn't stoning anybody. but my point is that dictating how women dress is something that a country like Iran would do.

so those who support france shouldn't complain about Iran's enforced hijab anymore because France is dictating how women dress.

my thing is why is women's dress always the focus of these type of clothing laws? it's sexism at it's finest.

Last edited:
Indeed. Imagine if a bunch of people with the level of cultural tolerance of the Saudis immigrated to another country and started trying to intimidate the original population with little trifles one by one such as demanding concessions to their dress code, their laws, their oppressive way of life, all in the name of religious freedom. The burka is probably one of the most symbolic representations of what's transgressing.

How far does cultural tolerance go? Do we tolerated stonings and beheadings in the name of permitting others to express their religious freedom? Do we allow the brainwashed oppression of women with the burka?

see one of the reasons why i don't support the ban is that many women who do wear the niqab wear due to their own choice. i have friends who wear it many of them don't even believe it's obligatory but they wear it anyway because they believe it brings them closer to their lord.

now of course they should be made to remove the niqab if they are going through aiports banks etc. but walking down the street they should be allowed to. niqab in the west has been around for quite some time hasn't caused much problems, why is it a problem now? and please don't give me the fox news crap that the women could be hiding a bomb under there.

Here in philly i would say in the last 5 years or so niqab has become a common site. its not odd to a woman covered head to toe and none of had bombs under their burkhas nor have they ever bothered anyone. and most the women in philly who wear it are converts and many of them single so no male influence has been involved in their niqab wearing decision.

i just think people need to start minding their business. and government needs to stay out of people's wardrobe decisions. if i want to wear a cardboard box down the street then it's my right.

Last edited:
I have to say that after being behind a woman driving with the headdress of the full burqa (the one with the slit at the eyes for 'seeing'), she was an absoulte hazard on the road and endangered all those near her.

So, I would be all for a legal prohibition of that for the good of all on public roads.

I'm also for a law allowing anyone (bank teller, store clerk, cop, TSA, etc.) who needs to identify the person behind the burqa to do so.

I think Americans can walk around with a skimask on, but the cops will likely be called to check them out, and I'm cool with that.

Anyway, it seems as if this French law goes too far - just prohibiting it altogether in public. If that is for the overall good of the public, I'm cool with it. But, I don't see how it is.

Allow it, but also allow for mandatory removal for identification when identification is needed. Don't just disallow it altogether.

I'll bet if France could turn back the clock they would surely have had loads of second thoughts on the wisdom of letting millions of Muslims into France.

Hindsight. She sure is 20/20

I don't think muslims should be allowed to wear anything in public that they could conceal a BOMB under, woman, man or otherwise. They've "blown" that privilege.

Forum List

Back