Fox News VP reminds staff that online debate polls 'do not meet our editorial standards'

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
After three Fox hosts touted unscientific, online garbage polls, a Fox VP sent a memo stating:

""As most of the publications themselves clearly state, the sample obviously can't be representative of the electorate because they only reflect the views of those Internet users who have chosen to participate," Blanton wrote."

and

"Another problem — we know some campaigns/groups of supporters encourage people to vote in online polls and flood the results," she wrote. "These quickie click items do not meet our editorial standards."

Memo: Fox News VP reminds staff that online debate polls 'do not meet our editorial standards'

The right-wing nuts of this board have been abandoned by their own favorite news outlet. Interesting.

After three Fox hosts touted unscientific, online garbage polls, a Fox VP sent a memo stating:

""As most of the publications themselves clearly state, the sample obviously can't be representative of the electorate because they only reflect the views of those Internet users who have chosen to participate," Blanton wrote."

and

"Another problem — we know some campaigns/groups of supporters encourage people to vote in online polls and flood the results," she wrote. "These quickie click items do not meet our editorial standards."

Memo: Fox News VP reminds staff that online debate polls 'do not meet our editorial standards'

The right-wing nuts of this board have been abandoned by their own favorite news outlet. Interesting.

No polls include my view. I live in North Carolina, so I get called by polls pretty much every day right now. I just tell them I'm not interested and hang up

and

Why would he lie to them like that? :laugh:

Neither do polls that ask who won the debate when 40% of the respondents admit they didn't watch the debate or only clips of it....like that crap the OP tried to pawn off on another thread and called it "scientific" LOL

Neither do polls that ask who won the debate when 40% of the respondents admit they didn't watch the debate or only clips of it....like that crap the OP tried to pawn off on another thread and called it "scientific" LOL
What percentage of Drudge poll respondents say they watched the debate or even a clip? Oh yeah, the question wasn't even asked!

What percentage of Drudge poll respondents say they watched the debate or even a clip? Oh yeah, the question wasn't even asked!
The poll began before the debate was even over

It's pretty clear from the discussion in the left media, the right media, the message boards and just in general it was a close debate and neither side delivered a blow. So no one really "won."

I'm not saying you can't still engage in a theoretical discussion of who you think out debated the other. But there is no practical point to it. No one "won" in a political sense. The can was just kicked to the second debate, most people think the "winner" was whoever they agreed with the most

Since when has Fox had editorial standards?

Immediately after the debate they had Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump

and

No polls include my view. I live in North Carolina, so I get called by polls pretty much every day right now. I just tell them I'm not interested and hang up
I answered two last night. I find them annoying....Press 1 for absolutely Press 2 for maybe Press 3 for never Press 4 for don't know.....on and on and on. I did them, though, as my post-debate contribution to the election.

and

I answered two last night. I find them annoying....Press 1 for absolutely Press 2 for maybe Press 3 for never Press 4 for don't know.....on and on and on. I did them, though, as my post-debate contribution to the election.

You'd say Hillary no matter what happened or whether you watched the debate or not. It's a lot of the problem with "who won" debate polls. Most of you vote for who you're voting for regardless

You'd say Hillary no matter what happened or whether you watched the debate or not. It's a lot of the problem with "who won" debate polls. Most of you vote for who you're voting for regardless
And you think that those voting in the unscientific polls AREN'T voting for who they're voting for regardless?

and

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This wasn't a debate poll. Just my opinion post debate (which hasn't changed, but they don't know that.)

and

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This wasn't a debate poll. Just my opinion post debate (which hasn't changed, but they don't know that.)

OK, you said "post-debate." Obviously you're not in play

The people on FOX point out the online polls are not scientific and any poll can be manipulated to get you the result you desire depending on how large the sample is who your polling and how you word the questions.

Forum List

Back