Fox News Poll: Voters say fight against ISIS going badly

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Most voters, 81 percent, feel the Islamic extremist group ISIS poses a “real national security threat” to the United States. That includes large majorities of Republicans (92 percent), independents (81 percent) and Democrats (73 percent).

Fox News Poll Voters say fight against ISIS going badly Fox News

With 81% of voters feeling 'really uncomfortable' about ISIS and 65% believing they are more dangerous than Iran I've got a question to ask our federal authorities. What is being done to appease the US citizens and bring peace and justice to the Middle East?
The answer is nothing. Absolutely nothing. More importantly, politicians act like nothing is happening there while indeed a lot of bad things happened in the region lately. You want radical Islamists in this country? Keep waiting and they will come.

How many of the voters polled are in the ME and have any knowledge of whats going on apart from what poor journalism is giving them.

So scaring the general population about various things is not the way. Ask actual experts and ask for there opinion backed by facts.

Perceptions are not reality: Things the world gets wrong
Ipsos MORI Poll Perceptions are not reality Things the world gets wrong

Most voters, 81 percent, feel the Islamic extremist group ISIS poses a “real national security threat” to the United States. That includes large majorities of Republicans (92 percent), independents (81 percent) and Democrats (73 percent).

With 81% of voters feeling 'really uncomfortable' about ISIS and 65% believing they are more dangerous than Iran I've got a question to ask our federal authorities. What is being done to appease the US citizens and bring peace and justice to the Middle East?
The answer is nothing. Absolutely nothing. More importantly, politicians act like nothing is happening there while indeed a lot of bad things happened in the region lately. You want radical Islamists in this country? Keep waiting and they will come.

If any tv news outlet is your primary source for info about what's going on in the world, you're FUBAR.

It's not telling you 1% of what you should know about. And thus any opinion poll is less than meaningless.

How many of the voters polled are in the ME and have any knowledge of whats going on apart from what poor journalism is giving them.

So scaring the general population about various things is not the way. Ask actual experts and ask for there opinion backed by facts.

CowboyTed

THANK YOU for posting this. There are reasons for keeping people scared of things that won't happen to them and all of them are money. We saw the same thing with the Ebola news coverage and we see it with many other issues.

In the case of the Middle East, we've seen people here and politicians say that Iran was settled and the area was at peace until Obama was elected. And the ignorant believe that.

ISIS does not pose a threat to the United States. They can harm individuals and even small groups, like we saw with the Charlie Hebdo attack. But, to say they pose a greater threat than an entire country is ludicrous and I wonder what people think ISIS really is or what they're capable of.

We will never wipe them out. Its a huge game of wack-a-mole and there are always more where the last ones came from.

We have domestic terrorists who we should be paying more attention to.

If any tv news outlet is your primary source for info about what's going on in the world, you're FUBAR.

It's not telling you 1% of what you should know about. And thus any opinion poll is less than meaningless.

I believe ISIS poses a real threat to this country. There are a lot of people who are interested in international politics and know a thing or two about what's going on in the world and in the Middle East in particular. Taking into account a comprehensive list of the US citizens who joined or at least tried to join ISIS I think it is quite likely some of us believe they should be stopped.

Who are actual experts? Can congressmen and the president of the United States be called experts? If yes, why there is no clear consensus between them and every president's initiative faces Senate's opposition? If no, how are we supposed to make politically important in a democracy, where public decides what to do?

We haven't seen (filmed) videos of mass executions since WW2 and there is little outrage from "no drama Obama" when ISIS marches innocent people before the cameras and shoots them or beheads them for the crime of being Christian. Not much coverage for ISIS atrocities in Africa either.. We have open borders on the South and easy access for terrorists and all we hear from the administration is apologies to foreign governments and calls for legalization of criminal entry into this Country. Barry Hussein sends a bird to Packistan and kills half a dozen people and he apologizes and claims victory. The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

ISIS is no different than any other terrorist group in the world. They exist. Splinter cells exist. When was the last time our intelligence sources let an attack take place here? ISIS wants to run the ME, not America. Woe is me RW's are adding fuel to the terrorist fire, always have, always will.

I believe ISIS poses a real threat to this country.

What kind of threat?

Thousands Jihadists with first hand combat experience that may target the United States after they complete some of their goals in the Middle East. Does this threat seem real to you? Taking into account the fact that some of ISIS fighters have US citizenship I would not be surprised if they really return to this country after all and commit 'a couple' of bombings.

ISIS is no different than any other terrorist group in the world. They exist. Splinter cells exist. When was the last time our intelligence sources let an attack take place here? ISIS wants to run the ME, not America. Woe is me RW's are adding fuel to the terrorist fire, always have, always will.

How many terrorist groups control territories equal to an average Middle Eastern country? ISIS is unique in a way. territory is not the only distinction though. People from all over the world - from Indonesia to the US - join ISIS in order to fight in the name of Allah. After all they will return to the countries of their origin, at least some of them. I think you know what it means for America.

Republicans already tried to bring "peace and justice" to the middle east. They left disaster and mess. Because they are uneducated and know nothing about people in other countries, they swallowed that turd that Iraq wanted our kind of freedom. Who even knows what GOP freedom is anyway? GOP leaders openly admit they practice voter suppression, they want to legislate woman's bodies and some have admitted they want to kill gays. What kind of freedom do they offer?
Cornered animals see everything as a threat. Fox has turned the GOP into the party of "cornered animals".

We haven't seen (filmed) videos of mass executions since WW2 and there is little outrage from "no drama Obama" when ISIS marches innocent people before the cameras and shoots them or beheads them for the crime of being Christian. Not much coverage for ISIS atrocities in Africa either.. We have open borders on the South and easy access for terrorists and all we hear from the administration is apologies to foreign governments and calls for legalization of criminal entry into this Country. Barry Hussein sends a bird to Packistan and kills half a dozen people and he apologizes and claims victory. The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

Fucking hilarious. Fox viewers know nothing beyond Dogpatch, USA.

Most Cable News viewers are brain-dead mongoloids. I'm sure most Fox News viewers are completely oblivious to the fact ISIS was funded & armed by the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.

You won't find truth and reality in American Government/Corporate MSM. And that's especially true of Cable News.

I believe ISIS poses a real threat to this country.

What kind of threat?

Thousands Jihadists with first hand combat experience that may target the United States after they complete some of their goals in the Middle East. Does this threat seem real to you? Taking into account the fact that some of ISIS fighters have US citizenship I would not be surprised if they really return to this country after all and commit 'a couple' of bombings.

Well I think your numbers are a bit inflated but it's a very real threat. Haven't we lived with that type of sucker punch threat for decades now? I hope that Islam/Arabs can smother the sick ideology of ISIS.

It was recently revealed that the state department was misleading the public with inaccurate maps that showed ISIS controlled regions as much smaller than the territory they actually controlled.

Nothing but lies from these lefties

The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

Fucking hilarious. Fox viewers know nothing beyond Dogpatch, USA.
The dumbest poster on USMB judging the intelligence of others...

Fucking hysterical

Forum List

Back