FOX news makes it's living off of violent and outrageous statements

Fox is a foreign owned media outlet whose sole desire is to cause division and fear in the US in hopes of "creating" news.

Saying they have no loyalty to this country is not a put-down. It's a statement of fact. It's a foreign owned company. They are not in it for this country.

Link for the sole desire. Link for foreign owned company, meaning more that 50%.

Are you serious?

The largest share of Fox is owned by Australian Rupert Murdoch. A portion of the company was recently sold to Saudi Prince Al-Waleed who became the second largest shareholder. This was to prevent any future "hostile takeover".

Do you really need links? This is common knowledge. How can you not know?

Murdoch is an American citizen. So once again, your 'common knowledge' is wrong. Probably your sources.

Link for the sole desire. Link for foreign owned company, meaning more that 50%.

Are you serious?

The largest share of Fox is owned by Australian Rupert Murdoch. A portion of the company was recently sold to Saudi Prince Al-Waleed who became the second largest shareholder. This was to prevent any future "hostile takeover".

Murdoch is an American citizen. So once again, your 'common knowledge' is wrong. Probably your sources.

Murdoch is a snake and became a naturalised American citizen so he could abuse our system by selling political influence through newscorp.

Are you serious?

Murdoch is a snake and became a naturalised American citizen so he could abuse our system by selling political influence through newscorp.

:lol: It's not enough for some leftists to define what we can say, now they're presuming to know all motivating factors of all people, especially those they don't know.

:lol: It's not enough for some leftists to define what we can say, now they're presuming to know all motivating factors of all people, especially those they don't know.

Try selling your tripe to someone else. I know exactly what Murdoch is. I am not part of your "left".

Hm...

from abroad I tend to see a broader picture:

Only when in the US, I am able to get FOX news, but to me they are no news broadcaster.
Again: Outsiders view.
FOX presents his news with a purpose. They do not want to give a balanced view, they want to present their view. Not that other news broadcaster are better.
CNN today is more a stage for reporter wannabes and quite boring.

The effect on the public debate is, that most people watch the news to get their political view supported and not to be informed.

To me the US are divided now politically more than ever.
Every move Obama makes is met at least with distrust or even utter hatred.

The same vice versa.

FOX news is to me nothing more than a news show, with the emphasis on the word show.

regards
ze germanguy

Hm...

Only when in the US, I am able to get FOX news, but to me they are no news broadcaster.
FOX presents his news with a purpose. They do not want to give a balanced view, they want to present their view. Not that other news broadcaster are better.

The effect on the public debate is, that most people watch the news to get their political view supported and not to be informed.

The same vice versa.

FOX news is to me nothing more than a news show, with the emphasis on the word show.

regards
ze germanguy

They are, in fact, a News Broadcaster. Their schedule includes straight news presentation. It also includes a lot of comment programs. You should learn the difference between 'news' and 'comment', before you form opinions about what Fox is or is not.

...and while we're on the topic of making a living.

George Soros first career was informing on Jew to the Nazis.

When he talks about investments do you think he says something is as good as "like I was selling Jews to the Nazis all over again"?

Going through this thread makes me wonder about the sanity of the right wing.

First, they assume Australians and Arabs are more honest than Americans.

Second, they totally ignore the fact that the right wing confederated conservative Republican party is 90% white and mostly Christian which makes it the single largest group in the US.

In the Democratic Party, there are Hispanics, Muslims, Hindus, gays, blacks and other groups who have entire networks dedicated to them. Those people are not watching Fox or MSNBC or CNN. They are watching BET, The Latin Network and LOGO.

Then you have people watching the "Science" Network. How many right wingers will watch that? Or the history channel?

Right wingers watch Fox because that odious network gives them targets for their fear.

What's hilarious is that it's the right wing leadership that's the true enemy of their base. Apologizing to BP. Wanting to end the minimum wage, Medicare, Medicaid and unemployment.

Your leadership will fuck you up and you don't even know it. Unfortunately, they will take down the rest of the country with them. What a drag.

Hm...

The same vice versa.

regards
ze germanguy

They are, in fact, a News Broadcaster. Their schedule includes straight news presentation. It also includes a lot of comment programs. You should learn the difference between 'news' and 'comment', before you form opinions about what Fox is or is not.

Well, actually I do, but as you know, even the choice of what to present in the news and what not, is a comment in itself.
To be frank: when I have watched the BBC News, I feel informed, when I have watched FOX, I feel the contrary.

The thing is, that to my opinion, the comments and so-called discussions are the real pain-in-the-neck. What you get is people confirming each others view.

Well, I prefer public-funded TV, as the BBC or the German system.
But perhaps I am a liberal.

regards
ze germanguy

Hm...

The same vice versa.

regards
ze germanguy

Well, actually I do, but as you know, even the choice of what to present in the news and what not, is a comment in itself.
To be frank: when I have watched the BBC News, I feel informed, when I have watched FOX, I feel the contrary.

The thing is, that to my opinion, the comments and so-called discussions are the real pain-in-the-neck. What you get is people confirming each others view.

regards
ze germanguy

You can no more compare the BBC etc to Fox News than you can compare oranges to orangutans. There is no comparison. Fox is a private company - not a state funded organization. That's ridiculous.

Going through this thread makes me wonder about the sanity of the right wing.

First, they assume Australians and Arabs are more honest than Americans.

Second, they totally ignore the fact that the right wing confederated conservative Republican party is 90% white and mostly Christian which makes it the single largest group in the US.

In the Democratic Party, there are Hispanics, Muslims, Hindus, gays, blacks and other groups who have entire networks dedicated to them. Those people are not watching Fox or MSNBC or CNN. They are watching BET, The Latin Network and LOGO.

Then you have people watching the "Science" Network. How many right wingers will watch that? Or the history channel?

Right wingers watch Fox because that odious network gives them targets for their fear.

What's hilarious is that it's the right wing leadership that's the true enemy of their base. Apologizing to BP. Wanting to end the minimum wage, Medicare, Medicaid and unemployment.

Your leadership will fuck you up and you don't even know it. Unfortunately, they will take down the rest of the country with them. What a drag.

Rdean clueless again. Shocking.

LOL

:eusa_whistle:

Conservative media figures have history of violent rhetoric | Media Matters for America

They need to keep up the outlandish rhetoric in order to keep their audience. They are sort of the "believe it or not" of the news world. Every time Beck cries or Palin tells her Tea Baggers to "reload", their rating goes up.

indeed those non-liberals are truly a danger to society and high-lite the need for European style hate speech laws in this country ,if we are to have a safe cohesive state of unity and oneness the right must be silenced

Hm...

The same vice versa.

regards
ze germanguy

regards
ze germanguy

or perhaps it is your contempt for free speech

Fox is straight up Propaganda. That is not to say there aren't some bright spots..like Shepard Smith, of late Chris Wallace and the recently departed Major Garrett. But those are exceptions.

Are you serious?

And the good Prince is what?

Are you serious?

And the good Prince is what?

and the good prince owns what %?

...and while we're on the topic of making a living.

George Soros first career was informing on Jew to the Nazis.

When he talks about investments do you think he says something is as good as "like I was selling Jews to the Nazis all over again"?

Frank, it's much smarter to attack Soros on shit that is actually true and far more damaging to him..... Like deliberately orchestrating the collapse of the British economy back in the 1990s - for profit.

Seems like the left are ok with evil people - as long as they're 'liberals'. To them, Soros is the good guy... because he bankrolls them. Personally, I'd rather starve than take his dirty money.... but that's just because I have honor.... unlike many on the left.

You can no more compare the BBC etc to Fox News than you can compare oranges to orangutans. There is no comparison. Fox is a private company - not a state funded organization. That's ridiculous.

??? Are you then agreeing that more unbiased information is available from a non-privately owned organization?

Forum List

Back