FOX news makes it's living off of violent and outrageous statements

So what if FOX is right-wing. Someone has to tell the other side of the story. MSNBC / ABC / NBC all left wing and don't forget about the Clinton News Network (CNN). My father told me a long time ago that's there's three sides to all stories; the left, the right, and the truth.

You are an idiot. Well..at least your statement is idiotic. All television is commercial..including PBS. All television is owned by commercial interests..mostly mutinational corporations. ABC=Disney=Japonese..etc. General Electric the worlds biggest supplier of armaments owns NBC. They all sell advertising and show nothing that their ad buyers dislike. They all make a fortune during runups to elections by pitting candidates against each other with phoney polls. What is always lost with you fuckwits is that the billions and billions (up to a trillion) this election cycle is spent almost entirely on television ads. The owners of the media laugh at people like you...all the way to the bank. WAKE UP! Start thinking for yourself.

Ever hear that old joke from the Andy Griffith show...???

"Man stops at an out of the way gas station and convenience store to get directions...He notices many bags of rock salt stacked up on the front steps of the establishment. As he enters the front door he sees dozens more bags of rock salt piled up inside on either side of the counter. Curious the man asks the attendant...Sir? I couldn't help but notice all the rock salt. I guess you sell alot of rock salt here..Right? The attendant smiled, shook his head and replied..Well no I don't...But the guy that sells us rock salt sure does..."

Point is that some of the worlds most talented salesmen put together what you see on the TV. They are masters at the game. They are so good at it they can sell sand to Arabs ...They can make you beleive that TV is run by liberals. How much rocksalt did you buy today?

Evidently not...using your analogy, only Fox News has the most talented salesmen.

ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and PBS must have the worst, least talented salespeople, because even with an overwhelming majority, they can't fool people into believing they are not biased to the left. :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry, but none of the media hubs like me. Anything on a commercial or news broadcast is taken with a grain of salt (maybe even rock salt). There isn't one news channel that's not slanted in one way or the other to appease their owners and sponsors. What I said was that FOX is on the other side of the story than the others; not that FOX was correct.

I could give less of a damn about political ads; they all are corrupt and only attempting to tell you what they need to to get elected. Instead of spending all that money on ads that mean absolute shit, they should donate that money to pay down the debt.

Evidently not...using your analogy, only Fox News has the most talented salesmen.

ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and PBS must have the worst, least talented salespeople, because even with an overwhelming majority, they can't fool people into believing they are not biased to the left. :lol:

You might have a point..

"I think being a liberal, in the true sense, is being nondoctrinaire, nondogmatic, non-committed to a cause - but examining each case on its merits. Being left of center is another thing; it's a political position. I think most newspapermen by definition have to be liberal; if they're not liberal, by my definition of it, then they can hardly be good newspapermen. If they're preordained dogmatists for a cause, then they can't be very good journalists; that is, if they carry it into their journalism."
— Walter Cronkite

Or then again..maybe not..

And Fox News counterbalances that liberal bias, and tells the other side of the story.

So why do Liberals like you piss and moan about it?

Because Liberals can't stand losing a monopoly on the message.

Last edited:
So what if FOX is right-wing. Someone has to tell the other side of the story. MSNBC / ABC / NBC all left wing and don't forget about the Clinton News Network (CNN). My father told me a long time ago that's there's three sides to all stories; the left, the right, and the truth.

You are an idiot. Well..at least your statement is idiotic. All television is commercial..including PBS. All television is owned by commercial interests..mostly mutinational corporations. ABC=Disney=Japonese..etc. General Electric the worlds biggest supplier of armaments owns NBC. They all sell advertising and show nothing that their ad buyers dislike. They all make a fortune during runups to elections by pitting candidates against each other with phoney polls. What is always lost with you fuckwits is that the billions and billions (up to a trillion) this election cycle is spent almost entirely on television ads. The owners of the media laugh at people like you...all the way to the bank. WAKE UP! Start thinking for yourself.

Ever hear that old joke from the Andy Griffith show...???

"Man stops at an out of the way gas station and convenience store to get directions...He notices many bags of rock salt stacked up on the front steps of the establishment. As he enters the front door he sees dozens more bags of rock salt piled up inside on either side of the counter. Curious the man asks the attendant...Sir? I couldn't help but notice all the rock salt. I guess you sell alot of rock salt here..Right? The attendant smiled, shook his head and replied..Well no I don't...But the guy that sells us rock salt sure does..."

Point is that some of the worlds most talented salesmen put together what you see on the TV. They are masters at the game. They are so good at it they can sell sand to Arabs ...They can make you beleive that TV is run by liberals. How much rocksalt did you buy today?

First off I am not trying to sell you anything. I have nothing to gain in this election. My party,..the GOP, totally sold out about thirty years ago to the special interests. I just look on in amazement at how the public is continually mesmerized and stupified into believing such nonsense.

The personalities you see on the tube are not the salesmen I refer to. This may come as a bit of a shock but they, The newscaster/spokesmodels ALL do and say as they are told. They all (the networks) carve out their nitch audiences and play to them so they can sell cars and corn flakes. Some of them like NBC keep you interested in crap and bullshit diversion so they can sell bombs and bullits while you are yukking it up to sitcoms or just being totally driven mad about a black president who seems to have somehow single handedly destroyed our country...or so they have led you to believe. Ya..it was all Obamas fault.. The guys getting the billion dollar bonuses had NOTHING to do with it!

It is just as important to them to not say things as well as tell you what you want to hear and see. Sometimes they purposely say stuff that appears controvercial. Trust me that they know exactly what they are doing. None of them are really fools in the slightest. If they appear to be fools to you it is what they intend you to believe. It's like the used car salesman saying "Awww Shucks" and acting folksy. It's just part of the scam.

Why do you think that a national news organization..no..strike that..ALL of the national news organizations wasted many many hours, days and weeks of valuable prime time on the missing blonde on vacation in Aruba? How about the Terri Schaivo death bed vigil?

I don't give a rats ass if you agree with my politics or not but it would be refreshing if more of you knew you were being played like chumps.

FOX news..is nothing more then right wing Propaganda. It's filled with half truths and out right lies. They went to court to maintain a "right to lie".

I agree. It's just like the other news stations that are all left wing Propaganda. They are all alike. However, Fox has the biggest ratings so they must have more of the stuff people want to listen to. I wish it would all go back to the day when the news just told you what happened and you had to form your own opinion on what you thought of it. I get so tired of people telling me what I should be thinking. All the news stations do it. They are all guilty and Fox is no more guilty then the rest - just different.

A lot of that I actually agree with, but I think of it more like a magicians magic trick...if they are drawing your attention over here...you better dam well be paying attention to what's going on over there.

Last edited:
So the GOP peaked when Ford was President?

No. Nixon and Ford were just treading water. Nixon was saddled with a war he did not want but after he made his bones on anti communism he couldn't exactly back away from the dreaded domino theory. Tricky Dick actually promised a "secret" strategy to get us out of Viet Nam to get elected. He coudn't tell anyone what it was cuz it was a secret. Now THAT'S selling Rock Salt!:lol: :lol: Still ...it didn't stop him from going to China. Wasn't THAT a bit odd! Nothing over here...move along....

But Reagan was the real butcher of the GOP. He sold out to the religious fundimentalists and started us on the path that eventually broke the strength of the country which was the middle class, working like a rented mule for the super wealthy. Reagan was really just an actor doing what he was told. That dog still hunts to this day. Good looking folksy guys can sell ANYTHING!

Ah, you liked your Republicans blueblood and unelectable, like Ford and Rockefeller.

Religious fundamentalists broke the strength of the middle class?

Who were the Reagan Democrats then?

My mom and dad's families were pretty well off for Seattle standards. Mom's dad owned hotels..banks..big farms in Kansas..Dad's dad built and owned an oil refinery. They all adored Ike as did I. There hasn't been a republican leader with his sense of honor and duty to the country except Barry Goldwater since. IMO.

FOX news..is nothing more then right wing Propaganda. It's filled with half truths and out right lies. They went to court to maintain a "right to lie".

Interesting.. you having an opinion for something you don't watch, kinda stupid really..

Ah, you liked your Republicans blueblood and unelectable, like Ford and Rockefeller.

Religious fundamentalists broke the strength of the middle class?

Who were the Reagan Democrats then?

My mom and dad's families were pretty well off for Seattle standards. Mom's dad owned hotels..banks..big farms in Kansas..Dad's dad built and owned an oil refinery. They all adored Ike as did I. There hasn't been a republican leader with his sense of honor and duty to the country except Barry Goldwater since. IMO.

Whoa..

Ford and Poppa Bush..do rank.

But I liked Ike and good ol' Barry..despite that "extremism" comment he caught hell for..

Interesting.. you having an opinion for something you don't watch, kinda stupid really..

"In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an ... But within a week, Fox executives and their attorneys wanted the ... broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. ..."

The Media Can Legally Lie

Conservative media figures have history of violent rhetoric | Media Matters for America

They need to keep up the outlandish rhetoric in order to keep their audience. They are sort of the "believe it or not" of the news world. Every time Beck cries or Palin tells her Tea Baggers to "reload", their rating goes up.

You should try actually watching FOX instead of learning second hand about what is supposedly said on FOX from a Far left site like Media Matters. Which regularly takes things out of context and attempts to misrepresent what was said. :cuckoo:

"In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an ... But within a week, Fox executives and their attorneys wanted the ... broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. ..."

The Media Can Legally Lie

That was an interesting article Huggy.. it really comes as no surprise that news, politicians and heck just about anyone will lie to you... It's obvious, in life you have to be aware of that fact... Some you build a guarded trust with...over time.

Forum List

Back