Fox News - Fair & Balanced

What a weird thread - both sides seem to prefer tag team wrestling for actually being honest.

Firstly, we know that more journalists are liberal than conservative. Surveys show it, but it also makes sense given the kind of profession it is. I imagine most people would have guessed the survey results before they saw them.

Secondly, most news shows are news. I know it's fun to think network execs spend the day trying to get journalists to lie and spin the news, but it is just bullshit. It's a fantasy.

Lastly, by any standard, Fox is the most biased network in the US, and by some distance. I think it's a bit of a reach to even consider it news - it's essentially a political organisation in itself.

Where the fvck did you get all that, do they have msnbc in Helstinki...:lol:

No, but they do in New York (I pass through there for work every so often)

Secondly, most news shows are news. I know it's fun to think network execs spend the day trying to get journalists to lie and spin the news, but it is just bullshit. It's a fantasy.

Lastly, by any standard, Fox is the most biased network in the US, and by some distance. I think it's a bit of a reach to even consider it news - it's essentially a political organisation in itself.

All news programs get me angry at one point or another, but I've never seen any more ridiculously amateur and biased than MSNBC with that ranting Rachel and the always liberal pundits or never heard of conservative who makes the fool of himself.

While FNC ticks me off frequently, often from it's omissions due to reporter ignorance,
It's about the only mainstream tv media i can stomach anymore... the others are just too far out there with the soft-selling of both Islam and of the far left. Overall, I find FNC to be the most fair of what's available out there, at least letting both sides speak. In fact they actually let the left leaning speak more than the right.

A study by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, found that Fox News' audience is the most balanced along party lines. The Pew study found that 51 percent of CNN's viewers are Democrats, 18 pct Republicans. Fox News with 39 pct Republicans and 33 pct Democrats. MSNBC's 45 pct Democrat and 18 pct Republican.

An obvious divide at CNN and MSNBC.. they cater to a focused lefty audience, not the general public.

.. the others are just too far out there with the soft-selling of both Islam and of the far left.

Really?

I'd love to see an example of that if you can find something.

The US has never had a far left, nor any experience of far left politics, so the idea that MSNBC is now supporting North Korea or Cuba surprises me.

After the 2008 elections, both Harvard and UCLA came out with simular research that proved that FOX is the only balanced network.

I've been posting the links for years.

Time for everyone to learn and remember that FOX and only FOX is the source of balanced news.

every other TV outlet is a shill for the dnc, nothing more.

Two Thumbs -

Very interesting stories - thanks for posting them.

There are two key points here, I think.

Firstly, establishing bias by positive/negative stories is a fair approach, but it does assume that all candidates are of equal quality, and would thus deserve as many positive stories as negative.

Wouldn't we expect to see more negative stories about a Dukakis, a Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin than about a Reagan, a JFK or a Clinton?

So I think judging media bias on that basis would only really make sense over a spread of elections, when the quality of candidates might balance out.

Secondly, the Harvard research doesn't qute say what you said it does:

The programming studied on Fox News offered a somewhat more positive picture of Republicans and more negative one of Democrats compared with other media outlets. Fox News stories about a Republican candidate were most likely to be neutral (47%), with the remainder more positive than negative (32% vs. 21% negative). The bulk of that positive coverage went to Giuliani (44% positive), while McCain still suffered from unflattering coverage (20% positive vs. 35% negative).
When it came to Democratic candidates, the picture was more negative. Again, neutral stories had a slight edge (39%), followed by 37% negative and 24% positive. And, in marked contrast from the rest of the media, coverage of Obama was twice as negative as positive: 32% negative vs. 16% positive and 52% neutral.

This does indicate bias, and a very clear bias - it is just a bias opposite of the main trend.

After the 2008 elections, both Harvard and UCLA came out with simular research that proved that FOX is the only balanced network.

Time for everyone to learn and remember that FOX and only FOX is the source of balanced news.

Fox is not even a news outlet, they're a propaganda arm for the republican party. They openly campaign for republican candidates and promote republican fundraisers.

No real news organization does that. Actual news outlets simply report the news, they do not become the news.

If you want to see how biased Fox is, just ask and I'll give it to you with both barrels.

Fox is not even a news outlet, they're a propaganda arm for the republican party. They openly campaign for republican candidates and promote republican fundraisers.

No real news organization does that. Actual news outlets simply report the news, they do not become the news.

If you want to see how biased Fox is, just ask and I'll give it to you with both barrels.

you're a liar, so why would I ask you for your opinion?

:cuckoo:

Can one of you far RW whackjobs list the "straight news" shows on the FOXNEWS?

Thanks.

I don't watch Fox, so I can't help with your question.
But can you name one "straight news" show on PmsNbc, thanks?

Can one of you far RW whackjobs list the "straight news" shows on the FOXNEWS?

Thanks.

Tampa Bay news, weather forecast, radar, and sports from FOX 13

FOX 4 Now - Fort Myers - Cape Coral - Naples Florida - In Your Corner Local News, Sports, and Weather

FOX 35 News Orlando - Home

MyFoxTallahassee.com - Home

Special Report | Bret Baier | Fox News Channel

Where do progressive liberals get their news...

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
MSNBC - NBC - CNBC
The Colbert Report
HBO: Real Time with Bill Maher
Current TV
Sesame Street
Internet

Sandly Sesame Street is more politically informative than Fox "News".

What did I lie about?

Fox has repeatedly been evaluated as the network that is most likely to provide a biased and distorted portrayal of the news.
Let's take climate change, as one example.

A new study confirms that Fox News systematically paints a distorted picture of climate change, with the effect of worsening political polarization.
Just counting the number of shows where they were dismissive of climate change and comparing them to the number of shows they were in favor of climate change, shows just how imbalanced Fox is.

Or how about views about muslims? Fox viewers have a more negative view of muslims, than people who watch other shows.

Survey after survey has shown Fox News viewers to be misinformed about important issues. Now, a new survey shows a link between trusting Fox News and holding negative opinions toward Islam and American Muslims.
The numbers don't lie and neither do I.

What did I lie about?

Fox has repeatedly been evaluated as the network that is most likely to provide a biased and distorted portrayal of the news.
Let's take climate change, as one example.

A new study confirms that Fox News systematically paints a distorted picture of climate change, with the effect of worsening political polarization.
Just counting the number of shows where they were dismissive of climate change and comparing them to the number of shows they were in favor of climate change, shows just how imbalanced Fox is.

Or how about views about muslims? Fox viewers have a more negative view of muslims, than people who watch other shows.

Survey after survey has shown Fox News viewers to be misinformed about important issues. Now, a new survey shows a link between trusting Fox News and holding negative opinions toward Islam and American Muslims.
The numbers don't lie and neither do I.

)sigh(

aaagain

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...g-agw-doomsday-predictions-are-incorrect.html

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...on+FOX&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-549

read it and weep

FOX is the only balanced network out there. Everything else is nothing more than a dnc propaganda machine.

Last edited:
back with the Fox news viewers are more misinformed about Important issues..

and then they list climate change and Muslims..

which I'm sure is two very pressing issues for the American people..

good grief

Last edited:
)sigh(

aaagain

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scien...g-agw-doomsday-predictions-are-incorrect.html

2008 UCLA research on FOX - Yahoo! Search Results

read it and weep

FOX is the only balanced network out there. Everything else is nothing more than a dnc propaganda machine.
Anyone arguing against climate change, would also argue that gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

That's how stupid your argument is.

Well then I guess the guy that did the most to convince you the global warming is man made doesn't think gravity makes things fall.

LOL, like people don't know the climate always changes and has throughout the history of the Earth

and notice folks, it's changed from Global warming to CLIMATE CHANGE..

why do you think that was?

Forum List

Back