Fox News Compares Immigrants to Garbage

Ahem, [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]:

View attachment 30339

Oh, so it's only when illegal and dumping is used together that it must refer to garbage. It makes no difference that the unloading (another word for dumping) of illegal immigrants in Arizona is actually illegal. Stating a true fact is still comparing the illegal immigrants to garbage. That does take some twisted logic, but I think I better understand that now. Thanks for helping out. How could I have been so bigoted to simply interpret words and phrases by their actual meanings? Perhaps if I continue down this road of twisted logic, I can become more liberal and less bigoted.

So lets say this is true...who cares? What is the issue?

Semantics aside, why are children fleeing Central and South America? Since our media is always focused on Oblama? There are youngsters taking a dangerous risk to flee to the arms and safety of us Diablos(Devils)...

Last edited:
Semantics aside, why are children fleeing Central and South America? Since our media is always focused on Oblama? There are youngsters taking a dangerous risk to flee to the arms and safety of us Diablos(Devils)...

Very good question?

Ahem, [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]:

View attachment 30339

Oh, so it's only when illegal and dumping is used together that it must refer to garbage. It makes no difference that the unloading (another word for dumping) of illegal immigrants in Arizona is actually illegal. Stating a true fact is still comparing the illegal immigrants to garbage. That does take some twisted logic, but I think I better understand that now. Thanks for helping out. How could I have been so bigoted to simply interpret words and phrases by their actual meanings? Perhaps if I continue down this road of twisted logic, I can become more liberal and less bigoted.

I already said, you do the math.

Nice try at evasion.

Sorry, I'm not going to misapply the math as you have. Illegal dumping of garbage has nothing to do with the Fox News story.

Sorry, I'm not going to misapply the math as you have. Illegal dumping of garbage has nothing to do with the Fox News story.

sure it does.

FOX decided to use the term

"Illegal Dumping"

as the headline for a teaser for a report over illegal aliens, and even had that headline presented with the pic of a small latino boy.

I would venture to say that the term "illegal dumping" is associated with the trash industry in far more than 90% of all cases, and then vis-a-vis the Stock market in maybe 7% of all cases.

But it is typical Right-Wing evasiveness I am seeing here...

sure it does.

"Illegal Dumping"

as the headline for a teaser for a report over illegal aliens, and even had that headline presented with the pic of a small latino boy.

I would venture to say that the term "illegal dumping" is associated with the trash industry in far more than 90% of all cases, and then vis-a-vis the Stock market in maybe 7% of all cases.

So it's okay to use the term illegal dumping when referring to the stock market? If the answer is yes, then you have just proved your own argument wrong. It takes only one counter example to show your logic incorrect.

Also, 90 + 7 is 97%. That leaves 3% of cases which the Fox News story can be a part of that does not have anything to do with trash.

Last edited:
They're at it again.

Fox News broadcast a story on immigration with on-screen text that read "Illegal Dumping," evoking a connection between immigrants and garbage.

On the June 4 edition of Fox & Friends, host Steve Doocy teased an upcoming segment about undocumented immigrants, apprehended in Texas and awaiting deportation proceedings, being dropped off at a Phoenix bus station by the Department of Homeland Security. Images of children disembarking from buses were displayed on screen with text that read "Illegal Dumping," a phrase commonly used to describe the unlawful disposal of garbage or other unwanted items.

Is this like the time you lying sacks of shit said Romney was going to enslave women because he said he had "Binders" full of female resumes????

The Latinos who come here, especially those who come illegally, do not care about politics, republicans or democrats. They are single mindedly concerned with what they will get and who will give it to them. If the Ayatolla Khomeni promised them free stuff, they would all convert to islam, en masse and vote for sharia law. Not that they would abide by sharia law. Latinos have a nodding acquaintance with laws which is why they believe they break no laws by coming here illegally.

you know as much about Latinos as you do about Pot.....for a person who "claims" to live here you sure as hell dont know about those who live around you do ya?...

sure it does.

"Illegal Dumping"

So it's okay to use the term illegal dumping when referring to the stock market? If the answer is yes, then you have just proved your own argument wrong. It takes only one counter example to show your logic incorrect.

Also, 90 + 7 is 97%. That leaves 3% of cases which the Fox News story can be a part of that does not have anything to do with trash.

Well, sure, Sailor Boy, if it's a story about trade dumping.

You do realize that everything in life is a matter of context, right?

Your attempts to be coy will not work.

I once thought that Righties stood for being upright and honest.

Just be honest and admit that FOX fucked this one up.

They're at it again.

Fox News broadcast a story on immigration with on-screen text that read "Illegal Dumping," evoking a connection between immigrants and garbage.

On the June 4 edition of Fox & Friends, host Steve Doocy teased an upcoming segment about undocumented immigrants, apprehended in Texas and awaiting deportation proceedings, being dropped off at a Phoenix bus station by the Department of Homeland Security. Images of children disembarking from buses were displayed on screen with text that read "Illegal Dumping," a phrase commonly used to describe the unlawful disposal of garbage or other unwanted items.

Is this like the time you lying sacks of shit said Romney was going to enslave women because he said he had "Binders" full of female resumes????

Gosh! Binders full of females (resumes). That's got to be a referenced to BSDM. Give me a break.

sure it does.

"Illegal Dumping"

There you go again, damaging your own argument with your own words. "Everything in life is a matter of context"! And you have clearly taken the Fox News story out of context. Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot there you land lubber!

Last edited:

There you go again, damaging your own argument with your own words. "Everything in life is a matter of context"! And you have clearly taken the Fox News story out of context. Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot there you land lubber!

No, I didn't.

The context of this is EXACTLY as I described in my first posting on this thread.

No, I didn't.

The context of this is EXACTLY as I described in my first posting on this thread.

The context of the Fox News story stands on it's own. If you have to go outside the scope of the story to prove context, then you are just making stuff up.

No, I didn't.

The context of the Fox News story stands on it's own. If you have to go outside the scope of the story to prove context, then you are just making stuff up.

I didn't go outside the scope of the story. It is crystal clear:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/358067-fox-news-compares-immigrants-to-garbage.html#post9223049

It was fun sparring with you.

Last edited:
No, I didn't.

I didn't go outside the scope of the story. It is crystal clear.

You went outside the scope of the story when you related it to illegal dumping of garbage. The Fox News Story is not about garbage and makes no mention of garbage. You have proven that the phrase "illegal dumping" is not exclusively used in the context of garbage because it can be used with stocks as well. Do you want to make the argument that Fox was comparing the people to stocks? Probably not because that is clearly out of context. Just because a term is used in one context the majority of the time does not mean that other contexts are not allowed. That would severely limit the English Language wouldn't it!

I didn't go outside the scope of the story. It is crystal clear.

You went outside the scope of the story when you related it to illegal dumping of garbage. The Fox News Story is not about garbage and makes no mention of garbage. You have proven that the phrase "illegal dumping" is not exclusively used in the context of garbage because it can be used with stocks as well. Do you want to make the argument that Fox was comparing the people to stocks? Probably not because that is clearly out of context. Just because a term is used in one context the majority of the time does not mean that other contexts are not allowed. That would severely limit the English Language wouldn't it!

No.

That was EXACTLY the point of the OP, the context in which I provided my criticism. I took nothing out of context, not even one little bit. I just explained it to you a SECOND TIME in the link I provided in the posting above.

but fine, if you think this kind of behaviour is going to help the GOP, then carry one, carry one.

I am laughing over this one...

You once again show your total ignorance and bias.

Illegal dumping has NOTHING to do with garbage in any sense of the word in the English language.

However, someone with a limited understanding of anything but your warped world would not know that.

I honestly feel sorry for you. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back