FOX News at it again.

Fox News Identifies Sanford As A Democrat

When does an embattled Republican suddenly become an embattled Democrat? When Fox News is covering him, of course.

The network known for its conservative leaning ran footage of Mark Sanford admitting to an extramarital affair on Wednesday with a Chyron identifying the South Carolina Republican -- near tears -- as a D, for Democrat.

Media Matters has the screen grab on its site and notes that Fox News later changed Sanford's party affiliation to Republican.

But it's also worth adding that this is not the first time the network has misidentified a GOPer in the midst of acknowledging misconduct. When former congressman Mark Foley admitted to having problems with alcoholism -- after reports that he had behaved inappropriately with congressional pages -- Fox News also identified him as a Democrat.

:lol:

Oh fucking wah.:lol:

Again, where is the outrage from the right? :confused:

Same place the outrage from the left is where that fascist President is concerned.

Cheating on a spouse is morally wrong. There is a commitment and a promise between two people and cheating violates the trust. That applies to ALL, equally, IMO.

I just don't need to start 50 threads on the topic, each one an echo of the first.

My aren't we a bit slow, eh?

What party does Gov. Sanford belong too again?

OOOOppppsss!

I don't think its a conspiracy, rather just a typo!

Really, like someone doesn't know he's a Republican. Anyone that doesn't probably doesn't vote, and just as probably shouldn't be allowed to.

Problem is, the lefties are confused. They see that (D) and immediately want to vote for it.:lol:

Does it matter? What party do Bill Clinton and John Edwards belong to? And what does it have to do with the OP? oh yeah ... nothing.

The OP was pointing out that Fox incorrectly labeled Sanford as a Democrat, moron. Try getting your facts straight before you open your dumbass mouth in the future.

That's awesome.

They did it with Foley as well.

Sure they did. Tell me, which one of you "geniuses" doesn't know both Foley and this idiot are Republicans? Because if you say you do, YOU are scarier than either of them.:lol:

You hacks will try to jump on anything.:lol:

I do. I don't expect the idiots, such as yourself, who watch Fox News to know the difference.

OOOOppppsss!

Really, like someone doesn't know he's a Republican. Anyone that doesn't probably doesn't vote, and just as probably shouldn't be allowed to.

Problem is, the lefties are confused. They see that (D) and immediately want to vote for it.:lol:

Way to make excuses for a rightwing propaganda machine. But then, thats all you are anyway, eh?

OOOOppppsss!

Way to make excuses for a rightwing propaganda machine. But then, thats all you are anyway, eh?
ah, and all you are is the other side of the coin

Everyones sex life is there own business and should not be the subject of anyone Else's entertainment or criticism.
Its your own business as to what you do with you body parts voluntarily as past presidents and other celebrity types do what they wish. Leave it alone its none of your business.

Last edited:
So what have we all learned from this thread? That Fox purposely misidentifies the part affiliation of Republican politicians in trouble? Not really, though it is suspicious. At best all that has been proven is that they need to hire proof readers for their graphics, not to mention their running scroll at the bottom of the screen. Last time I watched FN, I was astonished at the number of misspellings. I can't imagine it has changed over the last few months.
What have we learned from this thread? That FOX is undependable, either for reasons of partisanship or because they are sloppy. But most of us already knew that.

Dictionary publishers are up in arms over this latest republican dalliance, seems they are forced to revise their latest editions. Synonymous with hypocrite/hypocrisy now has a long required addition: republican.

Related forms:
hyp·o·crit·i·cal, adjective
hyp·o·crit·i·cal·ly, adverb

Synonyms:
deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, republican.

I hesitate to put this in the media section.

fnc-20090624-sanford.jpg

On Fox, Mark Sanford "(D)" holds press conference | Media Matters for America

Amazing, because I think I just posted to you on another topic that they put a (D) next to Barnie Franks name too last night.

I guess when you watch Fox you don't expect fact or truth to be a given.

ah, and all you are is the other side of the coin

Hahaha, your one to talk. You are also making excuses for Fox because you can't bear to see your propaganda machine maligned so.

Fox News Identifies Sanford As A Democrat

When does an embattled Republican suddenly become an embattled Democrat? When Fox News is covering him, of course.

The network known for its conservative leaning ran footage of Mark Sanford admitting to an extramarital affair on Wednesday with a Chyron identifying the South Carolina Republican -- near tears -- as a D, for Democrat.

Media Matters has the screen grab on its site and notes that Fox News later changed Sanford's party affiliation to Republican.

But it's also worth adding that this is not the first time the network has misidentified a GOPer in the midst of acknowledging misconduct. When former congressman Mark Foley admitted to having problems with alcoholism -- after reports that he had behaved inappropriately with congressional pages -- Fox News also identified him as a Democrat.

Fox news is "Fair and balanced"??? Bwaaaahaaahaaa!!!

So what have we all learned from this thread? That Fox purposely misidentifies the part affiliation of Republican politicians in trouble? Not really, though it is suspicious. At best all that has been proven is that they need to hire proof readers for their graphics, not to mention their running scroll at the bottom of the screen. Last time I watched FN, I was astonished at the number of misspellings. I can't imagine it has changed over the last few months.

FWIW - most people I've encountered need a proof reader. It's truly unbelievable the spelling and grammar mistakes made by people, even 'professionals'.

There is a proof reader and associate editors or two or 10 at Fox News, I can assure you of that....most proof readers work in the Media industry, from tv news, to the ROP-the press, to the advertising and marketing industry which uses tv/radio/the press/magazines etc.

There is a proof reader and associate editors or two or 10 at Fox News, I can assure you of that....most proof readers work in the Media industry, from tv news, to the ROP-the press, to the advertising and marketing industry which uses tv/radio/the press/magazines etc.

Hmm, maybe they took the Evelyn Wood's speed reading proof reader course and failed.

Seriously, the mistakes I've seen via typos, misspelling, poor grammar - not just on Fox but on every news station . . . it's inexcusable. Everyone makes mistakes now and then but if the mistakes are more frequent than that, they should be fired.

Hmm, maybe they took the Evelyn Wood's speed reading proof reader course and failed.

Seriously, the mistakes I've seen via typos, misspelling, poor grammar - not just on Fox but on every news station . . . it's inexcusable. Everyone makes mistakes now and then but if the mistakes are more frequent than that, they should be fired.

Well, having been in the business for a bit, (Advertising and Marketing aspect), I agree that mistakes can happen.

In this case, I am presuming that a prankster did the mistake, and that a copy editor or proof reader, or both, did not catch it....

I seriously doubt it was such a "convenient" typo from an "R" to a "D" every time the mistake was made... which is about 5 or 6 times at this point...when we ALL KNOW that the R and the D have true meaning, Republican and Democratic...

seriously, the ODDS of this being a typo, is NIL...at this point.

Care

Forum List

Back