Fox Host Yells At Michele Bachmann For Trying To Sue Obama: ‘You’re Being Silly’

Yeah..I know it's Think Progress.

But watch the Video.

Never thought I'd see the day when these folks are getting so nutty that FOX can't take it.

Fox Host Yells At Michele Bachmann For Trying To Sue Obama: 'You're Being Silly' | ThinkProgress

Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto blasted Republicans on Wednesday for preparing to file a federal lawsuit challenging the executive actions of President Barack Obama. During an interview with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Cavuto belittled the effort as “an enormous waste of effort” and “a political football,” suggesting that President George W. Bush used similar executive authority.

The segment devolved into a shouting match, with Cavuto laughing off Bachmann’s indignation about Obama’s use of executive powers.

“You just said it, congresswoman, we might not get anywhere,” Cavuto exclaimed in frustration. “Maybe Republicans are within their rights, maybe the president is within his rights.” As Bachmann sought to defend the suit, Cavuto accused her of “conflating issues and being silly.” “Where was your rage when Democrats were going after President Bush on the same use of executive orders, because I think you knew then that that was a waste of time then and I think you know in your heart of hearts this is a waste of time now,” he exploded. Watch it:

Cavuto sorta lost it.

I don't blame him.

:D
I don't blame him one bit either! KUDOS TO CAVUTO!! This insanity on the part of Conservatives to dare threaten to defund the Executive Branch and file a lawsuit against the president is being done for only one reason. And that is to deflect from their own shortcomings in Congress as they have not been able to accomplish one thing of significance so they throw a red herring into matters by wanting to sue the president, defund the Executive Branch, etc. to at least try to make gullible Americans believe that they are actually working on something important to them when nothing could be further from the truth. And I think most everyone surely realizes by now that these people are pitifully inadequate and need to start working For the people who sent them to Washington by trying to actually fix the real things that matter to this nation and its people or else they need to get out of office and let someone else in who is set upon going to work hard and not fool around with rubbish that won't go anywhere in the long run. But you know what else? The Republicans are also giving a black eye to this nation by admitting they want to do the aforementioned things that can only cause other nations to see just how unstable this country is due to Conservatives.

Do you realize that when you are talking about the "shortcomings of Congress" you automatically include the Democrat controlled Senate?

No, I did not think so.

The irony of this, of course, is that there was no greater advocate and promoter of unitary executive doctrine than George W. Bush:

When President Bush signed the new law, sponsored by Senator McCain, restricting the use of torture when interrogating detainees, he also issued a Presidential signing statement. That statement asserted that his power as Commander-in-Chief gives him the authority to bypass the very law he had just signed.
This news came fast on the heels of Bush's shocking admission that, since 2002, he has repeatedly authorized the National Security Agency to conduct electronic surveillance without a warrant, in flagrant violation of applicable federal law.
And before that, Bush declared he had the unilateral authority to ignore the Geneva Conventions and to indefinitely detain without due process both immigrants and citizens as enemy combatants.
All these declarations echo the refrain Bush has been asserting from the outset of his presidency. That refrain is simple: Presidential power must be unilateral, and unchecked.
But the most recent and blatant presidential intrusions on the law and Constitution supply the verse to that refrain. They not only claim unilateral executive power, but also supply the train of the President's thinking, the texture of his motivations, and the root of his intentions.
They make clear, for instance, that the phrase "unitary executive" is a code word for a doctrine that favors nearly unlimited executive power. Bush has used the doctrine in his signing statements to quietly expand presidential authority.
FindLaw's Writ - Van Bergen: The Unitary Executive: Is The Doctrine Behind the Bush Presidency Consistent with a Democratic State?
So the question to the partisan right is very much on point: why 'sue' now, why wasn't suit brought against Bush?
Great point you make on this! Glad you brought this out for balance!

where was Bashir when you need him.? he should be calling for someone to shit and piss in her mouth like he did a Former WOMAN Governor..

I mean going after a woman and calling her stupid is the lefts trademark

unless she has a D next to her name, then she is the most brilliant in the whole wide world

you people are just shallow as all get out and can be so ugly and demeaning when it comes to woman you don't like

Last edited:
where was Bashir when you need him.? he should be calling for someone to shit and piss in her mouth like he did a Former WOMAN Governor..

I mean going after a woman and calling her stupid is the lefts trademark

unless she has a D next to her name, then she is the most brilliant in the whole wide world

you people are just shallow as all get out and can be so ugly and demeaning when it comes to woman you don't like
"Let's roll," Steph!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

But watch the Video.

Never thought I'd see the day when these folks are getting so nutty that FOX can't take it.

Fox Host Yells At Michele Bachmann For Trying To Sue Obama: 'You're Being Silly' | ThinkProgress

Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto blasted Republicans on Wednesday for preparing to file a federal lawsuit challenging the executive actions of President Barack Obama. During an interview with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Cavuto belittled the effort as “an enormous waste of effort” and “a political football,” suggesting that President George W. Bush used similar executive authority.

The segment devolved into a shouting match, with Cavuto laughing off Bachmann’s indignation about Obama’s use of executive powers.

“You just said it, congresswoman, we might not get anywhere,” Cavuto exclaimed in frustration. “Maybe Republicans are within their rights, maybe the president is within his rights.” As Bachmann sought to defend the suit, Cavuto accused her of “conflating issues and being silly.” “Where was your rage when Democrats were going after President Bush on the same use of executive orders, because I think you knew then that that was a waste of time then and I think you know in your heart of hearts this is a waste of time now,” he exploded. Watch it:

Cavuto sorta lost it.

I don't blame him.

I never thought I'd see the day when Republican political antics became so absurd that Fox would recoil. Bizarre.

Usually Neil Cavuto is a buffoon, but he was right about teabagger Bachmann.
I agree, the man is a complete buffoon. Being the utter partisan RW hack and tool that he is.

However, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

No, you're wrong - it was pretty stand-up of the guy to not toe the company line.

He deserves a little more props than that.

:eusa_clap:

[MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] , my brother I disagree.

I relate it to the Catholic raping priests scandal.

They've known about it for a long time, from the beginning, yet they willfully handled the situation wrong, for political reasons.

Now the situation is so blatant, so obvious and so clearly wrong and out of control, they have no choice but to attempt to denounce it.

My friend, it's too little and too late.

Had Cavuto been doing this two years ago, I'd have something to jump up about, but at this late hour...no sir.

The milk has already been spilled.

You partisan hacks need to put country first. Fuck the partisan politics. I don't care who is in the White House.

Obama is abusing executive orders and adding signing statements to the laws he signs. Bush started this practice, and Obama, despite campaigning against both, is expanding their use. It needs to be challenged. It's a usurpation of Congress. The executive does not write law.

There's nothing "wacky" about suing.
[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] , no one is more of a hack than you if you're spewing the BS that Obama's "abusing executive orders."

Especially considering the FACT that he's used LESS Executive Orders than ANY President in modern history. Namely George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan

Five Myths About Obama's Executive Orders

What determines which ones are abusive and which ones aren't?
That is the million $ question. The Speaker of the House believes that Obama is legislating via executive orders.....I believe it's an argument worth hearing.....from both sides. then let the judges decide.

:popcorn:
So basically, you really DON'T have anything legitimate that's wrong, you just want to complain, batch and moan based on the zombie-like obsession with the idea that "OBAMA BAAAAADDD!!!"

I mean, don't you have the LEAST bit of a care of your own credibility? C'mon....!!!

*SMH*

Obsessed? Hardly. To me, Obama is just another incompetent civil servant. I don't obsess over shit that is out of my control.

As for your rant, the Speaker of the House disagrees with you. He believes Obama is abusing Executive orders and he will be suing. I look forward to seeing the evidence.

Keep in mind, Obama was slapped down on his illegal use of recess appointments today....It was a no-brainer decision, just as I predicted.

The Congress decides when it is in session, not the President. By the same token, Congress legislates, not the executive.

PS- it's not the NUMBER of EO's that is the problem- it is what they do. He cannot write law.

:thup:

And the far left Obama drone propaganda comes out again.

Obama with his far left buddies has done more to damage the middle class than any other time in history.

Yet the far left continues pushing that higher gas prices helps the poor.

There is no constitutional provision nor statute that explicitly permits executive orders.

Care to explain?

If it has to be explained then you live on another planet or you are a white rich far left male and can not understand the plight of the "middle class". You know like Hilary..

However it means very little to the thread as this is not about the "middle class" it is about the abuse of power by Obama.

Or does your far left programming not allow you to acknowledge that?

OK. I live on another planet. Explain it.

You won't. You can't.

And thanks to the far left once again showing that FOX is fair and balanced and not the mouth piece they claim it to be.

Gotta love how every time the far left makes a post like this they destroy their talking points and propaganda about FOX News.

Exactly!!!!

Can you see Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Lawrence O'Donnell, Alex Wagner, Rachel Maddow, Joe Scarboro, etc. etc. on MSNBC come down as hard as Cavuto did on Bachmann, on some Democrat Obama bootlicker Democrat???

Obviously you have never watched Chris Matthews.

But watch the Video.

Cavuto sorta lost it.

I don't blame him.

I don't blame him one bit either! KUDOS TO CAVUTO!! This insanity on the part of Conservatives to dare threaten to defund the Executive Branch and file a lawsuit against the president is being done for only one reason. And that is to deflect from their own shortcomings in Congress as they have not been able to accomplish one thing of significance so they throw a red herring into matters by wanting to sue the president, defund the Executive Branch, etc. to at least try to make gullible Americans believe that they are actually working on something important to them when nothing could be further from the truth. And I think most everyone surely realizes by now that these people are pitifully inadequate and need to start working For the people who sent them to Washington by trying to actually fix the real things that matter to this nation and its people or else they need to get out of office and let someone else in who is set upon going to work hard and not fool around with rubbish that won't go anywhere in the long run. But you know what else? The Republicans are also giving a black eye to this nation by admitting they want to do the aforementioned things that can only cause other nations to see just how unstable this country is due to Conservatives.

Do you realize that when you are talking about the "shortcomings of Congress" you automatically include the Democrat controlled Senate?

No, I did not think so.

False. McConnell filibusters everything in the Senate.

Still at work then and I haven't given Michele Bachmann a second thought in years.

Has anyone but liberals???

if wingnuts weren't still supporting her, we wouldn't be talking about her.

*shakes head*

Sarah Palin does not even hold an elected office anymore and is not running for one but you guys still manage to find reasons to talk about her so you understand my skepticism over that claim.

And the far left Obama drone propaganda comes out again.

Obama with his far left buddies has done more to damage the middle class than any other time in history.

Yet the far left continues pushing that higher gas prices helps the poor.

There is no constitutional provision nor statute that explicitly permits executive orders.

Care to explain?

If it has to be explained then you live on another planet or you are a white rich far left male and can not understand the plight of the "middle class". You know like Hilary..

However it means very little to the thread as this is not about the "middle class" it is about the abuse of power by Obama.

So you CAN'T back your own position?

As long as she's being propped up in the far RW media, like she was the other day, we will talk about her.

You want us to stop calling her name, have her stay off the airwaves.

Iths thimple!!

Care to explain?

You won't. You can't.

Yes you live on another planet!

Far left la la planet!

You also seem to think this thread is about the middle class, which it is not, it about the abuse of power from Obama.

No matter how much you explain things to the far left they can not seem to grasp anything beyond their programmed talking points. It is like talking to a two year old.

Last edited:

You won't. You can't.

Yes you live on another planet!

Far left la la planet!

You also seem to think this thread is about the middle class, which it is not, it about the abuse of power from Obama.

No matter how much you explain things to the far left they can not seem to grasp anything beyond their programmed talking points. It is like talking to a two year old.

No, it's about that silly bitch Bachmann getting slapped down on Republican TV.

And thanks for proving me correct: You can't. You won't. I'm always right! :lol:

No, I did not think so.

False. McConnell filibusters everything in the Senate.

What do you think Harry Reid is doing by sitting on bills passed by the House, with both parties voting on them since 2011 and not even letting them come up for a vote?

Forum List

Back