Fox & Friends Newest Lie: ACORN Getting Federal Funds

No one working for ACORN ever received a salary anywhere near $250,000 a year.
I was referring to the corporation as an entity.
Apologies for not being clearer.
:cool:

When did Obama define a "Big Corporation" as one that has a budget of $250,000 a year?
good grief....

Seriously?

If a corporation makes more than 250k doesn't that make them part of the Eebill Rich??
Do you mean Obama and/or his supporters supports the rich?

When did Obama define a "Big Corporation" as one that has a budget of $250,000 a year?
good grief....

Seriously?

If a corporation makes more than 250k doesn't that make them part of the Eebill Rich??

I can't speak for his "supporters", but Obama certainly seems to like the rich a whole lot.

Once again, when did Obama claim that corporations making more than $250,000 are "Big Corporations"?

good grief....

Seriously?

Hortysir...I'm not trying to be mean to you. But there are times it probably best not to act like a smartass when you don't understand something. In fact there are a bunch of smart people here that don't seem to mind educating others.

So... NO Obama has never defined a "Big Corporation" as having a budget of $250,000. Never, because it isn't. Probably never was. He talks about raising taxes from between 2 & 4% on people who earn $250,000. And if fact he might even have raised the amount.

A big corporation is millions and millions of dollars. Numbers are not my thing and I know darn well there is someone who could give you a little education much better then I possible could. So your remark about the "Eebill rich" really does look ridiculous and makes you look very young and uneducated. Most adults have moved passed baby talk.

good grief....

Seriously?

I can't speak for his "supporters", but Obama certainly seems to like the rich a whole lot.

Once again, when did Obama claim that corporations making more than $250,000 are "Big Corporations"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty unbelievable isn't it? I would say that most of us support the rich. I have no problem with the rich at all. Just the very rich and greedy. Who would tear down the country rather then pay another 2-4% in taxes and are worried about their private planes and yachts. Those rich I do have a problem with. LOL

Obvously hort is young and uneducated. Both of which can be temporary.

And yet, oddly, that doesn't change the fact that several ACORN workers were convicted, does it?

You do know the difference between ACORN the organization and ACORN workers, don't you?

No, it looks like your irrational hatred of Fox News has clouded your judgement.

I'll take "young and uneducated" over just plain fucking dense any day.

Bam-Bam has been beating his drum against the evil rich, which is defined as anyone that makes more than 250k, for how long now?
How many times, as a republican, has the stone been thrown that we are on the side of big corporations?
Didn't the SCOTUS, much to your chagrin, just define corporations as individuals?

Here....maybe this will help (I'll even loan you my crayons to help you connect the dots):

Simple_House_Dot-To-Dot.png

Now climb down from your pedestal before you die from a nose bleed, suck it up and admit that, as a liberal, you only pretend to be against big corporations by speaking out only against the ones that don't follow your Pied Piper.

And, BTW, how many times should someone have to sacrifice a "mere 2-4%" increase?
Why is it greedy to want to keep what you earn?
How much are willing to have your taxes raised "for the common good", comrade?

And yet, oddly, that doesn't change the fact that several ACORN workers were convicted, does it?

You do know the difference between ACORN the organization and ACORN workers, don't you?

No, it looks like your irrational hatred of Fox News has clouded your judgement.

I do, these people were subcontracted by ACORN and not part of their organization. These people were given money to sign people up but they were too lazy to do that.

News Hounds
We watch FOX so you don't have to.​

In other words, "We Report, We Decide For You". :lol:
this is different from Fox in what way?

You have to watch Fox first, then make up your own mind.

I can see why that concept is foreign to you.

I have watched fox enough to know. It is kinda like cleaning out a septic tank, it does not take one long to know that you are dealing in shit.

I just wrote a post on another thread about Media Matters. Then I decided to go on over to their place to see what they were up to. I rarely go there, but it looks like I should every now and then. Here is the latest.

Fox Backtracks On Latest Assertion That ACORN Received Federal Money

Fox & Friends promoted the claim that "ACORN" -- which no longer exists -- had received hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal funding, despite the fact that a federal report noted last month that the amount in question actually had not been spent. Fox & Friends backed away from the claim later in the same show by reading a statement from a federal spokesman pointing out the money had been "de-obligated and recovered."

Fox Backtracks On Latest Assertion That ACORN Received Federal Money | Media Matters for America

Plus you can scroll down for lots more info.

:lol:

Right wingers insist they are not racist, but go after any group or program that helps minorities. Coincidence?
Yet, putting the president and Kenyan, Colonial Mau Mau in the same sentence is also not racist. Yea, right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right wingers insist they are not racist, but go after any group or program that helps minorities. Coincidence?
Yet, putting the president and Kenyan, Colonial Mau Mau in the same sentence is also not racist. Yea, right.

No coincidence as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, parrotting both Tom Fitton and Reverend Moon.

Your sources are biased. So are Susan's.

Both of you are seeing only one side of the situation, and filling in the blanks with your own imaginations.

:lol: My sources? That's pretty funny since I haven't really posted any sources. But I will so you can all point and tell me how biased I am. :lol:

CRS report: ACORN didn't break law

A Congressional Research Service report commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee says ACORN hasn’t violated any federal regulations the past five years.
CRS report: ACORN didn't break law - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com
Report Finds Acorn Broke No Laws - NYTimes.com

ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe

ACORN, the community organizing group which found itself embroiled in the latest of several controversies after some of its workers were recorded providing advice to a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute, was cleared of illegality in the matter by the former Massachusetts attorney general.

But Scott Harshbarger, the lawyer ACORN hired to conduct a review, criticized the organization for bad management which it said contributed to the ACORN's problems. A major problem, he said, was that the organization grew too quickly, neglecting training of its workers and other essentials.
ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe : The Two-Way : NPR

I realize that Faux viewers probably didn't see this info. But it was all over the place awhile back.

I'm not quite sure you understood where I was coming from in my last post.

I worked upstairs from ACORN's New York office, above Bertha Lewis's office for 6 years. I drank at the bar with the leadership of ACORN on a daily basis. I'm confident in stating that I know more about ACORN in general, and this scandal in particular (since I was in the building at the time) than anyone else on this message board.

ACORN is neither pure as driven snow, nor a massive conspiracy. They are no more or less "corrupt" as any other big 501(c)3. And they no longer exist (in as much sense as they ever did) as a national organization.

it appears there is an entry in the fed reg. as to a payment to them though...

:lol: My sources? That's pretty funny since I haven't really posted any sources. But I will so you can all point and tell me how biased I am. :lol:

A Congressional Research Service report commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee says ACORN hasn’t violated any federal regulations the past five years.

ACORN, the community organizing group which found itself embroiled in the latest of several controversies after some of its workers were recorded providing advice to a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute, was cleared of illegality in the matter by the former Massachusetts attorney general.

But Scott Harshbarger, the lawyer ACORN hired to conduct a review, criticized the organization for bad management which it said contributed to the ACORN's problems. A major problem, he said, was that the organization grew too quickly, neglecting training of its workers and other essentials.

I realize that Faux viewers probably didn't see this info. But it was all over the place awhile back.

I worked upstairs from ACORN's New York office, above Bertha Lewis's office for 6 years. I drank at the bar with the leadership of ACORN on a daily basis. I'm confident in stating that I know more about ACORN in general, and this scandal in particular (since I was in the building at the time) than anyone else on this message board.

ACORN is neither pure as driven snow, nor a massive conspiracy. They are no more or less "corrupt" as any other big 501(c)3. And they no longer exist (in as much sense as they ever did) as a national organization.

No, a payment went to an autonomous organization that used to be part of ACORN, and retained it's name. The national organization no longer exists.

There was a link to the GAO report.

A footnote continues: "The grant was closed with a balance of $461,086 not expended before the expenditure deadline." [GAO.gov, "ACORN: Federal Funding and Monitoring," 6/17/11, accessed 7/13/11]

Lies like this thread's title is EXACTLY why Murdoch is in the fish stew he's in right now.

Keep 'em coming FOX.

You are digging YOUR OWN grave!!!

LOL!!
:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back