fossil fuels and investment

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Investors are the indicator of what to expect in the future. Without investment, businesses dry up and die. What we are seeing now is the transfer of money from fossil fuels to renewables.

More investment money is indeed moving towards renewables, but you have to wonder if that will continue. Many of the subsidies are set to run out in 2021.

Yes, they will continue. For the renewables will continue to decrease in price, as the fossil fuel and nuclear generation continues to increase in price. And the rise of grid scale storage will make renewables 24/7. Even without subsidies, renewables are cheaper right now than fossil fuel and nuclear generation.

chart-1-finally.jpg

Levelized Cost of Energy 2017

When I post, I research.

Yes, they will continue. For the renewables will continue to decrease in price, as the fossil fuel and nuclear generation continues to increase in price. And the rise of grid scale storage will make renewables 24/7. Even without subsidies, renewables are cheaper right now than fossil fuel and nuclear generation.

chart-1-finally.jpg

When I post, I research.

Fake graph........clever.............preface material removed = ghey. Here is the actual presentation of this graph with HIGHLY instructive introduction >> https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine...nergy-costs-wind-energy-costs-LCOE-Lazard.png ( see blue bold highlighted text ). The blue highlighted text speaks to all of the many variables related to cost competitiveness. The AGW crowd doesn't seem to understand that those facts are a bit salient!! Just a bit!!:113:

I never do get the fakery from the AGW folks in this forum..............well............actually I do. The fakery is necessary to project some kind of fantasy world.

Heres the reality s0ns >> http://naturalgasnow.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/eia-aeo2014-forecast-512x384.png

Its the Obama EIA projection report from abut 15 moths ago.:2up: Sure renewables look promising.......but not for a long, long, long time s0ns!!!

If you're so thoroughly convinced that renewables will fully replace fossil fuels in the foreseeable future, why are you wasting time trying to convince others that it's true.

You remind me of a fundamentalist preacher who isn't content to believe and won't be satisfied until everyone else believes the same.

If you're right, time will confirm your beliefs.

Investors are the indicator of what to expect in the future. Without investment, businesses dry up and die. What we are seeing now is the transfer of money from fossil fuels to renewables.

Investors are the indicator of what to expect in the future

Politicians investing according to their politics.
So what?

Clearly, it's smart to have a robust, redundant power grid. I'm not against solar or nuclear or wind, I think they all have their place. As far as bang for the buck, gas is leading the way. It's a pity that we haven't built a new nuclear power plant since Ben Franklin

chart-1-finally.jpg

When I post, I research.
Yet even after the massive support by a corrupt central government, renewables still make up a small percentage. Why?

chart-1-finally.jpg

When I post, I research.
Yet even after the massive support by a corrupt central government, renewables still make up a small percentage. Why?

lol.......the ? that cant be answered by these bozo's.............:hyper:

Renewable Energy Was 16.9 Percent of US Electric Generation in the First Half of 2016

Washington DC – Setting a new annual record, renewable sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) accounted for almost two-thirds (63.85 percent) of the 16,485 MW of new electrical generation placed in service in the US during calendar year 2015.

According to the just-released latest monthly "Energy Infrastructure Update" report from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) Office of Energy Projects, 69 new "units" of wind accounted for 7,977 MW of new generating capacity – or nearly half (48.39 percent) of all new capacity for the year. That is one third more than the 5,942 MW of new capacity provided by 50 units of natural gas.

Among the other renewable sources, solar placed second with 2,042 MW (238 units) followed by biomass with 305 MW (26 units), hydropower with 153 MW (21 units), and geothermal steam with 48 MW (2 units).

FERC reported no new capacity at all for the year from nuclear power and just 15 MW from ten units of oil and only 3 MW from a single new unit of coal. Thus, new capacity from renewable energy sources during 2015 (10,525 MW) is more than 700 times greater than that from oil and over 3,500 times greater than that from coal.

Renewable Energy Was 16.9 Percent of US Electric Generation in the First Half of 2016

And it continues to increase.

Washington DC – Setting a new annual record, renewable sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) accounted for almost two-thirds (63.85 percent) of the 16,485 MW of new electrical generation placed in service in the US during calendar year 2015.

According to the just-released latest monthly "Energy Infrastructure Update" report from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) Office of Energy Projects, 69 new "units" of wind accounted for 7,977 MW of new generating capacity – or nearly half (48.39 percent) of all new capacity for the year. That is one third more than the 5,942 MW of new capacity provided by 50 units of natural gas.

Among the other renewable sources, solar placed second with 2,042 MW (238 units) followed by biomass with 305 MW (26 units), hydropower with 153 MW (21 units), and geothermal steam with 48 MW (2 units).

FERC reported no new capacity at all for the year from nuclear power and just 15 MW from ten units of oil and only 3 MW from a single new unit of coal. Thus, new capacity from renewable energy sources during 2015 (10,525 MW) is more than 700 times greater than that from oil and over 3,500 times greater than that from coal.

And it continues to increase.

lol.......link from RENEWABLE ENERGY WORLD.COM :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back