Former US soccer star says he ate dog in South Korea

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
VIDEO: Former US soccer star and ESPN announcer Alexi Lalas says on air he ate dog in South Korea - Daily News

imageprocessor

"We actually had some good times," Lalas said of he and Myung-Bo, whom played together in 2003. "I can tell you I have dined with that man in South Korea. Guess what we had Taylor?"

"I'm not guessing," Twellman said chuckling.

"My mind is racing," play-by-play man Adrian Healy said.

"We had dog." Lalas said.

"You did?" Healy asked.

"Yup. Went out and had dog with him," Lalas confirmed.

"Did you know you had dog?" Twellman asked.

"Of course - I asked him. I said 'Look, if we're gonna go there, I want you to take me to the best possible place. And he did. And it was fun. We had a good time."

"Good story," Twellman said awkwardly, putting an end to the topic.

Some South Koreans reportedly eat dog meat during the summer to apparently help their bodies during heat spells.

What does Rodman and his bromance partner have?

1004092_477443342362355_2035797488_n.jpg

Thing is, I don't object to this near as much as I do to what we do here in the US. Really, there's just no comparison.

But, it still stinks that this jerk talked about animal torture so nonchalantly.

Dog's are on the menu in most Asian countries. ... :cool:

I would never go to any Asian country for that reason. They treat animals like shit. Sick bastards.

If you were hungry you'd eat dog, you hypocrite.

It's not eaten very often in China anymore, and even in Korea it is more and more of a rarity. Most Korean folks under the age of 50 have never eaten dog (so I've been told by hundreds and hundreds of Korean people) and younger folks tend to react pretty much the way most Americans do at the thought of it.

Different cultures have their own unique take on what's acceptable for food.

In France horse meat is on the menu. ... :cool:

Nice, fresh, chilled raw horse meat can be pretty good drinking food.

Forum List

Back