Former South Korean President Blames America

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by onedomino, Oct 21, 2006.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    A delegation from the SK Ministry of Defense visited Rumsfeld in Washington yesterday. They wanted a declaration from the US that an attack on SK territory was equivalent to an attack on America. They did not get it. They did hear that the US would defend them both with its nuclear forces and other means. The South Koreans are very nervous about NK, but it does not seem to have stiffened their resolve in the face of Pyongyang’s threats. Even though their policy of engagement (i.e., appeasement) with the hermit kingdom has contributed to a nuclear test demo (after all, NK realized they had nothing to fear from SK). Moreover, they refuse to support the inspection of NK cargoes and pressure NK economically. Should we defend people who are too afraid, or too politically paralyzed, to defend themselves? Annoyingly, the answer must still be yes. What would our behavior be if Chicago were 15 miles from the DMZ? Where is the ROK that fought side by side with us in Vietnam? Perhaps they learned too much from our behavior in 1975.

2. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    So many "lost", for so many reasons, in far off places.

I'm proud to say I'm an American, an I'm prouder still of my brothers, and sisters that have given the ultimate sacrifice for the cause of freedom.

Thanks.....