Former NFL Player's Home Trashed

okay its good for kids to fear their parents...i did....my son is 31 and fears his father...me not so much but his father can bark and he jumps...when he was young...my hubby didnt hesitate to put him up against the wall and discuss his behavior or lack of...one time he was gonna beat the shit outta the kid but i wouldnt let him...i forget what the kid did....but hubby was never the one to spank ...i did that....but to this day...the son will not push his father..even now when he is stronger...they are like an old alpha dog and a young pup...the old alpha is willing to die or kill for his place..the young one is buffed by that....he is not willing to die or kill and he knows the old one will....what a total bluff that is now....but it keeps everything in line....

Abso-freakin-lutley
I happen to be 6'4" and weigh about 230 lbs. I used every inch/pound of that as an imposing figure for my son as well. I never-ever hit him, nor would have I - but I didn't have to. There was a definite fear/love/respect relationship between us.
My son never spoke back to me in a disrespectful manner nor my wife. For the simple fact I by God backed up threats. If I said you do this - then the consequences are going to be this - then that is exactly what happened.
My daughter when she was about 8 years old, was mad because she didn't have something she wanted, don't remember what it was now...I said to her "you have your own room, your own dresser mirror setup, a TV with a VCR and more freaking toys at 8 then I had my whole life...complain again and you will lose it all for a week".
She complained again, I took everything out of her room - EVERYTHING - but a blanket and a pillow. I left it that way for a whole week. My wife pleaded with me to give it back because she has learned her lesson. Nothin doin' - I said a week, it was a week.
She never complained again.

To some people (assholes) that would be considered abuse. If I ever have kids however, that one goes in the playbook.

okay its good for kids to fear their parents...i did....my son is 31 and fears his father...me not so much but his father can bark and he jumps...when he was young...my hubby didnt hesitate to put him up against the wall and discuss his behavior or lack of...one time he was gonna beat the shit outta the kid but i wouldnt let him...i forget what the kid did....but hubby was never the one to spank ...i did that....but to this day...the son will not push his father..even now when he is stronger...they are like an old alpha dog and a young pup...the old alpha is willing to die or kill for his place..the young one is buffed by that....he is not willing to die or kill and he knows the old one will....what a total bluff that is now....but it keeps everything in line....

Abso-freakin-lutley
I happen to be 6'4" and weigh about 230 lbs. I used every inch/pound of that as an imposing figure for my son as well. I never-ever hit him, nor would have I - but I didn't have to. There was a definite fear/love/respect relationship between us.
My son never spoke back to me in a disrespectful manner nor my wife. For the simple fact I by God backed up threats. If I said you do this - then the consequences are going to be this - then that is exactly what happened.
My daughter when she was about 8 years old, was mad because she didn't have something she wanted, don't remember what it was now...I said to her "you have your own room, your own dresser mirror setup, a TV with a VCR and more freaking toys at 8 then I had my whole life...complain again and you will lose it all for a week".
She complained again, I took everything out of her room - EVERYTHING - but a blanket and a pillow. I left it that way for a whole week. My wife pleaded with me to give it back because she has learned her lesson. Nothin doin' - I said a week, it was a week.

To some people (assholes) that would be considered abuse. If I ever have kids however, that one goes in the playbook.

If I was to be so bold as to give any future parent advice, it is this - Remember you are not raising a child, you are raising a future adult. Once a child gets to 5 or 6 years old, punishment ends and lessons begin. It is not punishment, it is consequence. And every form of discipline from that day forward never comes without a lesson learned. They remember that.
As a for instance, when both of my kids became old enough to have a car - it was in my name. Not thiers, not cosigned - MY NAME. Reason? Because I told both of them if at any time I discovered they had drank a drop while behind the wheel a car, it would be sold immediately. Guess what neither one of my kids did? They didn't drink and drive. They knew 100% I would follow through with the threat because I always did.
Consistent reward for good behavior and absolute consequence for bad behavior produces a good person later in life. We have great kids. We are very proud of both of them for so many reasons.

Last edited:
my son will fuss with me when i want him to do something....to this day....i will pick up the phone and call his father and put him on the phone....then i hear...yes sir...i will take care of it...right now...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't believe in spanking kids. What does that teach them? Violence begets violence. There are many other ways to discipline children besides using violence.

My Dad used to hit me. He was a schoolteacher and his favorite was to have the kids bend over and grab their ankles and then he would whup their butt with a yardstick. In those days he could do that to the kids in his classroom, as well as his own children.

He used to slap us, also, and I remember my Mom always saying, "Don't you hit those kids in the head, you could really hurt them!"

Well, one day, when I was about 10, I mouthed off or something and he slapped me in the face. I got a bad nosebleed and my mother went ballistic. There I was, hanging over the sink bleeding, really hamming it up, too, while she berated my Dad. :)

She told him, "I've told you and told you, never hit a child in the head! Don't you EVER hit this child again! AT ALL!!!"

So from that day forward I never got slapped or got a spanking. :) Thanks, Mom!

Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

The

ebsite, Help Me Save 300, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.

But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.

Read more: Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

And parents like this is why our country is in trouble right now.

Someone has to tell them, "face it, your kid is an asshole, why dont you do something about it?"

How can you be sued for telling the truth?

Abso-freakin-lutley

First rule of parenting...Never make a threat you aren't willing to carry out.

Today's kids are raised in a 'victim' mentality society.

Where 'little Johnny' can do no wrong and nothing is his fault.

And if the teacher at school tries to admonish the little tike for bad behavior.

She is picking on their perfect child for no reason,

And parents will threaten to sue the teacher and the school. .. :doubt:

hubby says i will talk it to death ...whereas he just says what is gonna happen and that is it...but i will say this....i have seen kids hit their mothers....sons hit their mothers...seriously hit their mothers....when they got big enough to realize they can overpower their mom...i could not imagine that....my son would never hit or hurt me...

plus when we are under attack by anyone or anything...we all have each others back....we proved that time and time again....

once we had a child..raising our child became the top priority in our lives...i knew i could always get another man...but a father to my child....only one of those....

Help Me Save 300

I really think this needs further discussion. What kind of parents don't discipline their kids for something like this? What kind of parents would rather sue the victim and let their child face charges than force them to clean up their own mess?

What is wrong with the kids that don't own up to their actions anyway? There comes a time when you know right from wrong and these kids are at the age where they should know right from wrong.

Help Me Save 300

I really think this needs further discussion. What kind of parents don't discipline their kids for something like this? What kind of parents would rather sue the victim and let their child face charges than force them to clean up their own mess?

What is wrong with the kids that don't own up to their actions anyway? There comes a time when you know right from wrong and these kids are at the age where they should know right from wrong.

that is the result of a blurry line between right and wrong, and the result of everything in the world made GREY.
kids do not see the distinction between right and wrong, between black and white ( except in a racial meaning) and often the parents do not either - how do you expect them to act in the world where anything goes is the motto?
40 years of entitlement policies economically combined with moral relativism - you have the results.

What's wrong with teenagers these days? No respect for other people's property. And these are not poor kids, they are college kids!

Ex-NFL player's home trashed by partying teens - Bing Videos

it's both the entitlement mentality and the crowd mentality.

the latter has been around for centuries, the former is a product of a "great society"

It is not so great after all, or is it?

You have to remember, most of these kids are white and come from fairly wealthy households...these are not the poor kids of the inner city.

Seth Hawk Arrested, Named as Organizer of Gigantic Party at House of Ex-NFL Player Brian Holloway - One News Page [US]

Police have arrested six people on charges related to a huge party thrown at the house of former NFL player Brian Holloway when Holloway wasn’t there, including Seth Hawk, believed to be the major organizer of the party.
Read more at Seth Hawk Arrested, Named as Organizer of Gigantic Party at House of Ex-NFL Player Brian Holloway - One News Page

This is just stupid. These kids could have shown up at the home and helped with the clean up (4 of them did) and they wouldn't now be facing charges. What the hell are they thinking? The house had cameras, the whole party was monitored and Holloway has pictures of everything. How did they not know they'd be caught?

What's wrong with teenagers these days? No respect for other people's property. And these are not poor kids, they are college kids!

Ex-NFL player's home trashed by partying teens - Bing Videos

it's both the entitlement mentality and the crowd mentality.

the latter has been around for centuries, the former is a product of a "great society"

It is not so great after all, or is it?

You have to remember, most of these kids are white and come from fairly wealthy households...these are not the poor kids of the inner city.

it does not matter - the virus of the entitlement society is widespread

This is just stupid. These kids could have shown up at the home and helped with the clean up (4 of them did) and they wouldn't now be facing charges. What the hell are they thinking? The house had cameras, the whole party was monitored and Holloway has pictures of everything. How did they not know they'd be caught?

They are NOT thinking. And that is the problem.

They are facebooking and twitting.

and parroting what is put into their heads.

I do not believe it's a sense of entitlement. I believe it's a lack of morals. You take God out of the schools, you tell kids that they can make up their own minds on what's right and what's wrong, and you end up with kids like this. Our society has lost it's morals. We have ceased to teach our children the difference between right and wrong and convinced them that they should somehow just "know" and whatever they believe is right. No wonder they felt no obligation to clean up their mess, they don't believe they did anything wrong.

Forum List

Back