Former NFL Player's Home Trashed

I do not believe it's a sense of entitlement. I believe it's a lack of morals. You take God out of the schools, you tell kids that they can make up their own minds on what's right and what's wrong, and you end up with kids like this. Our society has lost it's morals. We have ceased to teach our children the difference between right and wrong and convinced them that they should somehow just "know" and whatever they believe is right. No wonder they felt no obligation to clean up their mess, they don't believe they did anything wrong.

oh my yes, religion is the answer to all our problems. Billy the Kid was a fine example of when religion was forced upon people in a public school system.

What's wrong with teenagers these days? No respect for other people's property. And these are not poor kids, they are college kids!

Ex-NFL player's home trashed by partying teens - Bing Videos

Yea, teenagers have never acted like this in our nations history.:eusa_shhh::lol:

It never would have happened when I was a teenager. Nothing like that did happen. Of course back then, we didn't graduate from 8th grade, we didn't get a limo for the prom and very few kids were given cars by their parents. We had to get jobs and earn the money for what we wanted. Maybe that's the problem? These kids come from wealthy homes and their parents gave them everything? Maybe they just never learned the value of property? When everything is handed to you on a silver platter and you don't have to work for it, how can you appreciate or respect it?

I do not believe it's a sense of entitlement. I believe it's a lack of morals. You take God out of the schools, you tell kids that they can make up their own minds on what's right and what's wrong, and you end up with kids like this. Our society has lost it's morals. We have ceased to teach our children the difference between right and wrong and convinced them that they should somehow just "know" and whatever they believe is right. No wonder they felt no obligation to clean up their mess, they don't believe they did anything wrong.

it is a sense of entitlement that anything goes for ME.
it does not have to be economical only.
ME, ME, ME only - that starts in the economics but it grows in parallel in the moral area.

And you did not pay attention to the part I spoke - about moral relativism and the grey world - anything goes as a motto started exactly at the same time "the great society" did.
Coincidence?
No.

What's wrong with teenagers these days? No respect for other people's property. And these are not poor kids, they are college kids!

Yea, teenagers have never acted like this in our nations history.:eusa_shhh::lol:

It never would have happened when I was a teenager. Nothing like that did happen. Of course back then, we didn't graduate from 8th grade, we didn't get a limo for the prom and very few kids were given cars by their parents. We had to get jobs and earn the money for what we wanted. Maybe that's the problem? These kids come from wealthy homes and their parents gave them everything? Maybe they just never learned the value of property? When everything is handed to you on a silver platter and you don't have to work for it, how can you appreciate or respect it?

please don't make me dig up bad stuff teenies did years ago. I had a problem like that before I was a teen but got busy doing other things which kept me out of some trouble, but...

oh my yes, religion is the answer to all our problems. Billy the Kid was a fine example of when religion was forced upon people in a public school system.

Billy the Kid? You had to go that far back to find someone to claim was a problem due to God in the schools? I don't even think public school was required back then and I would be seriously surprised if he lasted though 8th grade. I never said religion was the answer to all our problems, but that's for taking just that from my post. BTW, the forth verse of the Star Spangled Banner, the one we never sing?

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Maybe if we just taught that in our public schools?

Help Me Save 300

I really think this needs further discussion. What kind of parents don't discipline their kids for something like this? What kind of parents would rather sue the victim and let their child face charges than force them to clean up their own mess?

What is wrong with the kids that don't own up to their actions anyway? There comes a time when you know right from wrong and these kids are at the age where they should know right from wrong.

I don't know any of the kids or their backgrounds, but it seems to me they must come from wealthy homes where the parents use money instead of physical connection with their kids and take care of any problems the kids get into with money.

Most parents I know would be mortified if their kid did something like that, would support the kid but still admit that the kid f'ed up and needs some kind of attention and discipline.

These are good New York liberal parents who do not believe that their children should be judged as having done wrong.

Leave it to a conservative, probably Tea Partier to blame this behavior on politics. So, you're saying there are no Republicans living in New York?

One could also say they may have been brought up in a "too conservative" home, where they are taught to abstain from sex, alcohol and other things in life that are fine in moderation and all of a sudden they are away from home and they rebel and explore their newfound freedom.

Ever think about that?

Billy the Kid? You had to go that far back to find someone to claim was a problem due to God in the schools? I don't even think public school was required back then and I would be seriously surprised if he lasted though 8th grade. I never said religion was the answer to all our problems, but that's for taking just that from my post. BTW, the forth verse of the Star Spangled Banner, the one we never sing?

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Maybe if we just taught that in our public schools?

But, we shouldn't leave the teaching of religion to schools. When I was growing up, we had to be quiet at the start of first period for prayer, but nobody was saying a prayer (out loud), most of us were just quiet and thinking of other things. Religion is taught at home, if you don't, they're not going to pick it up in school just because you have a pause in the morning for supposed prayer. A true believer in God does not need for the world to stop everything they are doing so they can pray - you are able to pray any time any where.

And, even when you bring up a child knowing God, they can make mistakes. I can imagine that some were there because they were taken there (by their boyfriend or in a group) and probably felt it was wrong but didn't have a way to leave. But I imagine, that surely the majority of them thought it was cool and they were getting away with something they could brag about later.

My kids don't/never have done that, they fear what I will do to them in retaliation.

My kids knew better than to come home and tell me that they had gotten in trouble with a teacher, because they knew they were going to get it at home too.

One of the few times I did take their side and called the principal was when my son was kicked by a teacher. He didn't tell me because of my policy ^^, and he thought he would get in trouble at home, but my older son told me about it. When I prodded him about it, he told me that he had stepped out of line on the way to lunch! Really? He wasn't in complete alignment with the kid in front and in back of him, and the teacher felt he needed to kick him?

I called the principal and he assured me that something like that wouldn't ever happen again, and I told him it darn better not.

Things are looking up for the big guy...."The cleanup crew of five high school juniors and their parents emptied Holloway's house of 10 55-gallon trash bags of empty alcohol bottles and urine-soaked carpets earlier this week, the newspaper said. They then got to work repairing broken windows and door frames."

Brian Holloway tracks down teen partygoers on Twitter - UPI.com

Now those are parents whose kids will be able to look up to.

Bunch of fucksticks. I hope the courts hang them up by their ears. Break into a celeb's house, trash it and brag about it on the Internet...our country's future, ladies and gentlemen!

Where are the fucking parents?

Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

The

ebsite, Help Me Save 300, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.

But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.

Read more: Ex-NFL star Brian Holloway may be sued by parents of teens who allegedly trashed his upstate NY home - NY Daily News

"Our poor children! What a mean celebrity! I'm going to sue you, you mean mean person!"

Fucking parents. They ought to be locked up right along with their brat kids.

The mean sports star ruined your kids' future? Well boo fucking hoo! You're spawn committed B&E, destruction of private property, vandalism, theft and God knows what other laws were broken. And just where the fuck were you people when this was going on? Do you not have control or any sense of responsibility for your kids?

No wonder America is going to shit.

Today's kids are raised in a 'victim' mentality society.

Where 'little Johnny' can do no wrong and nothing is his fault.

And if the teacher at school tries to admonish the little tike for bad behavior.

She is picking on their perfect child for no reason,

And parents will threaten to sue the teacher and the school. .. :doubt:

Never thought i'd agree with you, Sunni Man.

America has gone down the toilet bowl because of our Politically Correct litigation-happy society and the refusal to accept responsibility.

it's both the entitlement mentality and the crowd mentality.

the latter has been around for centuries, the former is a product of a "great society"

It is not so great after all, or is it?

You have to remember, most of these kids are white and come from fairly wealthy households...these are not the poor kids of the inner city.

But hopefully, they will be joining the poor inner-city kids when they are sent to jail for this.

back in my childhood days if a kid done such a thing they would get the beating of their life.., also when kids acted improperly the nearest adult would administer some form of punishment and when they got home they got it again.

BUT.......!! today anything a kid does.., even murder, they can expect little or no punishment.

isn't liberalism wonderful ??

little sunzabitches should be thrown in a prison for 90 days on a bread'n water diet and given 20 lashes once a week :up: ........ :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao: ...... :lmao:

In our recent quest to get rid of child abuse (a noble goal for sure) people have overreached and started to determine that any form of physical disipline is taboo.

There is a huge difference between a legitamate asshole child beater and a concerned parent disiplining thier child. The easiest way to tell is the child beater typically whups on a kid for something wrong with the PARENTS life, where disipline involves a whupping for something really really stupid the CHILD did.

So whupping a kid because you had a bad day at work/spouse cheating on you? Asshole child beater, kindly die in a fire. Whupping a kid because they lit the couch on fire and almost burned the house down? Parenting.

I was beat regularly for anything when growing up, all it did was make me meaner and taught me to ignore the pain.

Do you know of any teenagers some time back that broke into a famous celebrity's home and had a party? Me neither.

When I was growing up there was no mansions owned by football players, baseball, etc.

Forum List

Back