Former Bush Official: Trump's statement tantamount to Treason

Philip Reiner, a former National Security Council official in the Obama administration, called Trump a “scumbag animal.” “Hacking email is a criminal activity. And he’s asked a foreign government — a murderous, repressive regime — to attack not just one of our citizens but the Democratic presidential candidate? Of course it’s a national security threat,” he added.

And William Inboden, who served on the NSC during the George W. Bush administration, said Trump’s comments were “tantamount to treason.”

“Trump’s appeal for a foreign government hostile to the United States to manipulate our electoral process is not an assault on Hillary Clinton, it is an assault on the Constitution,” said Inboden, who now teaches at the University of Texas at Austin.

Even as some Trump supporters insisted he was just joking, several national security experts said they could not recall another instance of a major party candidate calling on a foreign power to spy on a U.S. citizen, much less on a political opponent.

'Treason'? Critics savage Trump over Russia hack comments

Between the NSA FBI and other unknown agencies Donny may be a dead man walking

Last edited:
Philip Reiner, a former National Security Council official in the Obama administration, called Trump a “scumbag animal.” “Hacking email is a criminal activity. And he’s asked a foreign government — a murderous, repressive regime — to attack not just one of our citizens but the Democratic presidential candidate? Of course it’s a national security threat,” he added.

And William Inboden, who served on the NSC during the George W. Bush administration, said Trump’s comments were “tantamount to treason.”

“Trump’s appeal for a foreign government hostile to the United States to manipulate our electoral process is not an assault on Hillary Clinton, it is an assault on the Constitution,” said Inboden, who now teaches at the University of Texas at Austin.

Between the NSA FBI and other unknown agencies Donny may be a dead man walking

How does he feel about Hillarys emails?

How does he feel about his former boss lying his ass off and leading the US into the Iraq war?

So Trump makes a smart ass comment about Hillary's FUCKING MISSING EMAILS as Secretary of State and Trump is the one messing with US security and committing treason?

:lmao:

So Trump makes a smart ass comment about Hillary's FUCKING MISSING EMAILS as Secretary of State and Trump is the one messing with US security and committing treason?

He asked a major US adversary to hack his opponent's e-mails. This is even more egregious that calling out a Hispanic judge born in Indiana as being impartial...BECAUSE OF HIS RACE.

Trump will be stopped and he may be prosecuted.

How does he feel about his former boss lying his ass off and leading the US into the Iraq war?

You mean the guy YOU voted into office?

I was pro Bush for many years. I make no bones about it. But when I realized we were betrayed I had no problem turning on him for all the lies that were told to get us into war in Iraq.

Just like I loathe Obama and Clinton for lying their asses off for an Arab Spring that was bullshit. Or all the lies the whole lot of them have told about this bogus civil war in Syria.

Both side of the aisle have lied to us. I loathe those that have. You could call it a "bi partisan loathing".

:)

He asked a major US adversary to hack his opponent's e-mails. This is even more egregious that calling out a Hispanic judge born in Indiana as being impartial...BECAUSE OF HIS RACE.

He made a smart ass comment regarding the bogus issue that Trump and Putin are working together to discredit Hillary. Oh and skip the egregious shit about the Judge. That's bull too.

Oh and Hispanic or Latino is not a race and never will be.

He did not do that, and he will not be prosecuted. That's a fever dream.

:banana: Comrade Donnie is probably chatting with Pooootin as I type. Yup, he is toast. His mouth has finally done him in. EXCELLENT!:badgrin:

He made a smart ass comment regarding the bogus issue that Trump and Putin are working together to discredit Hillary. Oh and skip the egregious shit about the Judge. That's bull too.

Oh and Hispanic or Latino is not a race and never will be.

Even Ryan said his statement was the "very definition of racism." AMAZING!

Forum List

Back