Former AG Makes Good Case that Russian Hacking Was Not Meant to Elect Trump

If the Russians had hacked the server of the Tea Party, would a special counsel have been appointed? Yea, I didn't think so either.
:itsok:

Liberals like you don't believe in equal application of the law or in "justice for all". Guys like you have NO PROBLEM with a police-state, as long as you're the one running it.

Slade3200 I'm curious about something. Did Hillary break the law when she transmitted and received classified materials on her private server?

Who appointed the special counsel?

The deputy AG that Trump appointed.
What does that tell you?

I don't believe a special counsel was needed to investigate Russian espionage activities against the DNC server. The Russians have been hacking American government servers and the servers of private organizations for many years.

My take is that Rosenstein and Sessions are both never-Trumpers and are happy to see Mueller, Strozk, etc. dig up anything they can on Trump to warrant prosecuting him or getting him impeached. I certainly don't believe that Trump conspired with Putin to do anything.

What are your thoughts?
I don’t think you are seeing clearly if you think Sessions is a never trumper. It is a cop out excuse to say anybody who supports the investigation is a never Trumper.

I don’t think Trump was conspiring with Putin. But he and a handful of his team members have made several lies about contacts with Russians which leads to suspicion. We haven’t seen any of the classified intel either, but people who have, like Trumps appointeed FBI Director, Chris Wray, has and he says that it is not a witch hunt and the investigation is legit. Do you think he is a never Trumper too?

If Wray is totally objective and non-partisan, why did he wait until after Strzok's hearing to remove him from FBI headquarters? And why is Strzok still on the payroll?

Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page were all revealed as anti-Trump partisans. Why not Wray?
Are you trying to say that Wray is an anti-Trump partisan? If that’s the case how in the world did he ever get appointed to lead the FBI by Trump?

Slade3200 I'm curious about something. Did Hillary break the law when she transmitted and received classified materials on her private server?
She broke the rules for sure, which triggered an investigation to determine if it was a criminal offense. The outcome of the investigation was to not recommend prosecution.

She broke the rules for sure, which triggered an investigation to determine if it was a criminal offense. The outcome of the investigation was to not recommend prosecution.

She didn't break the rules, she broke the law. The corrupt FBI Director, in collusion with the corrupt Attorney General and the corrupt president of the U.S., made sure that Hillary skated. It's obvious that honesty isn't your strong suit either.

The deputy AG that Trump appointed.
What does that tell you?

I don't believe a special counsel was needed to investigate Russian espionage activities against the DNC server. The Russians have been hacking American government servers and the servers of private organizations for many years.

My take is that Rosenstein and Sessions are both never-Trumpers and are happy to see Mueller, Strozk, etc. dig up anything they can on Trump to warrant prosecuting him or getting him impeached. I certainly don't believe that Trump conspired with Putin to do anything.

What are your thoughts?
I don’t think you are seeing clearly if you think Sessions is a never trumper. It is a cop out excuse to say anybody who supports the investigation is a never Trumper.

I don’t think Trump was conspiring with Putin. But he and a handful of his team members have made several lies about contacts with Russians which leads to suspicion. We haven’t seen any of the classified intel either, but people who have, like Trumps appointeed FBI Director, Chris Wray, has and he says that it is not a witch hunt and the investigation is legit. Do you think he is a never Trumper too?

If Wray is totally objective and non-partisan, why did he wait until after Strzok's hearing to remove him from FBI headquarters? And why is Strzok still on the payroll?

Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page were all revealed as anti-Trump partisans. Why not Wray?
Are you trying to say that Wray is an anti-Trump partisan? If that’s the case how in the world did he ever get appointed to lead the FBI by Trump?

Wray's actions, or lack thereof, are not consistent with the concept of integrity, objectivity and non-partisanship. Lady Justice is supposed to be blind but, instead, we have a justice department that shields Democrats from their crimes while going all-out against Republicans.

I think it's apparent in the FBI that, if you put supporting the constitution over supporting the Democratic Party, you'll be passed over on promotions.

She didn't break the rules, she broke the law. The corrupt FBI Director, in collusion with the corrupt Attorney General and the corrupt president of the U.S., made sure that Hillary skated. It's obvious that honesty isn't your strong suit either.
Not sure if you got the memo but a couple months after Comey said that he wasn’t recommending prosecution for Clinton, there was a new POTUS and a new DOJ Director, and eventually a new director of the FBI. Nothing is stopping them from prosecuting Clinton but we are a year and a half in and I’m not seeing any action. So if the old admin was all corrupt as you say then the current administration would be in the same boat, wouldn’t you agree?

What does that tell you?

What are your thoughts?

Wray's actions, or lack thereof, are not consistent with the concept of integrity, objectivity and non-partisanship. Lady Justice is supposed to be blind but, instead, we have a justice department that shields Democrats from their crimes while going all-out against Republicans.

I think it's apparent in the FBI that, if you put supporting the constitution over supporting the Democratic Party, you'll be passed over on promotions.
Yet the DOJ is controlled by Trump, so please explain how it is that they are still out to get him? You realize how weak your arguments are right. They just get crazier and crazier

Yet the DOJ is controlled by Trump, so please explain how it is that they are still out to get him? You realize how weak your arguments are right. They just get crazier and crazier

The DOJ is not "controlled" by Trump.

Not sure if you got the memo but a couple months after Comey said that he wasn’t recommending prosecution for Clinton, there was a new POTUS and a new DOJ Director, and eventually a new director of the FBI. Nothing is stopping them from prosecuting Clinton but we are a year and a half in and I’m not seeing any action. So if the old admin was all corrupt as you say then the current administration would be in the same boat, wouldn’t you agree?

I agree with you on that one. Jeff Sessions is absolutely worthless. I can't explain his inaction. One thing is certain, Hillary broke the law and she skated for her crimes, and that was fine with you.

I agree with you on that one. Jeff Sessions is absolutely worthless. I can't explain his inaction. One thing is certain, Hillary broke the law and she skated for her crimes, and that was fine with you.
I’m fine with the findings of our FBI and The many agents that spent months gathering and reviewing evidence to reach a determination. I’m sure as hell going to trust their word more than I’m going to trust somebody like you who hasn’t seen a fraction of the actual details involved. The fact that you think you know more than them is laughable.

As for Sessions inaction, it is easily explained... he is no longer in campaign mode rallying crowds to chant locker her up and pumping them with hot air and hyperbolic rhetoric as his boss does. Now he is in charge and needs to follow the law and procedure. It’s pretty obvious that Comeys decision was supported by the evidence and those who are now in charge are respecting it. Simple.

I’m fine with the findings of our FBI and The many agents that spent months gathering and reviewing evidence to reach a determination. I’m sure as hell going to trust their word more than I’m going to trust somebody like you who hasn’t seen a fraction of the actual details involved. The fact that you think you know more than them is laughable.

As for Sessions inaction, it is easily explained... he is no longer in campaign mode rallying crowds to chant locker her up and pumping them with hot air and hyperbolic rhetoric as his boss does. Now he is in charge and needs to follow the law and procedure. It’s pretty obvious that Comeys decision was supported by the evidence and those who are now in charge are respecting it. Simple.

Comey testified to congress that Hillary transmitted and received classified materials on her private server. I'm going by his testimony, not on my "knowing more than the FBI" strawman that you just created. I also saw Comey's press conference wherein he said no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute Hillary because, as he put it, she didn't have a bad "intention".

Of course, the decision to prosecute or not prosecute wasn't Comey's to make. That decision was Lynch's to make, and she declined, of course. It was just a few days prior to Comey's press conference that Lynch secretly met with Bill Clinton on the Phoenix airport tarmac, where they discussed "golf and grandkids". Remember? But you're telling me it was all on the "up and up". Sorry. I don't share your view.

The DOJ is not "controlled" by Trump.
Who is it controlled by?

The Attorney General.
Who chose the attorney general?

Trump nominated him and the senate confirmed him. Did Trump "control" Sessions when Sessions recused himself from the Russia Collusion investigation?

It’s pretty obvious that Comeys decision was supported by the evidence ...

The evidence supported prosecution, and Comey and the DOJ, whose job is to ENFORCE the law gave Hillary a pass. What's obvious is that you are either ignorant of what transpired or you're a partisan Democrat.

Comey testified to congress that Hillary transmitted and received classified materials on her private server. I'm going by his testimony, not on my "knowing more than the FBI" strawman that you just created. I also saw Comey's press conference wherein he said no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute Hillary because, as he put it, she didn't have a bad "intention".

Of course, the decision to prosecute or not prosecute wasn't Comey's to make. That decision was Lynch's to make, and she declined, of course. It was just a few days prior to Comey's press conference that Lynch secretly met with Bill Clinton on the Phoenix airport tarmac, where they discussed "golf and grandkids". Remember? But you're telling me it was all on the "up and up". Sorry. I don't share your view.
And again I’ll say it... a few months later Lynch was out and Trump put sessions in and guess what??? No prosecution! If it was as simple and plain as you portray then hillary would be in jail. So perhaps you are just not seeing things through a clear lens.

Forum List

Back