Former AG Makes Good Case that Russian Hacking Was Not Meant to Elect Trump

Yet the DOJ is controlled by Trump, so please explain how it is that they are still out to get him? You realize how weak your arguments are right. They just get crazier and crazier

The DOJ is not "controlled" by Trump.
Who is it controlled by?

The Attorney General.
Who chose the attorney general?

Trump nominated him and the senate confirmed him. Did Trump "control" Sessions when Sessions recused himself from the Russia Collusion investigation?
He decides who runs things and he has the power to fire people and re nominate if they don’t do their job. Amazing how according to you all he seems to nominate are anti-trumpers. And you actually buy that horseshit?

It’s pretty obvious that Comeys decision was supported by the evidence ...

The evidence supported prosecution, and Comey and the DOJ, whose job is to ENFORCE the law gave Hillary a pass. What's obvious is that you are either ignorant of what transpired or you're a partisan Democrat.
Your claims don’t make sense as the Republicans control everything now. So it sounds like you’re saying the Republicans are partisan Democrats as well. You make such compelling arguments... haha

And again I’ll say it... a few months later Lynch was out and Trump put sessions in and guess what??? No prosecution! If it was as simple and plain as you portray then hillary would be in jail. So perhaps you are just not seeing things through a clear lens.

It was prosecutorial favoritism because the perpetrator was the Democratic nominee for president. Had it been you or I, we would have been in prison. Jeff Sessions' inaction doesn't equate to Hillary being innocent.

The DOJ is not "controlled" by Trump.
Who is it controlled by?

The Attorney General.

Trump nominated him and the senate confirmed him. Did Trump "control" Sessions when Sessions recused himself from the Russia Collusion investigation?
He decides who runs things and he has the power to fire people and re nominate if they don’t do their job. Amazing how according to you all he seems to nominate are anti-trumpers. And you actually buy that horseshit?

Either Sessions is incompetent, corrupt or is being blackmailed.

How about the scandal under Obama wherein the IRS was targeting conservative groups in order to prevent them from participating in the 2012 election? Are you going to tell me it didn't happen? Then we learned how former CIA Director Brennan was pushing Comey to investigate Trump for Russian collusion on a bullshit story bought and paid for by Hillary. Yea, the Obama regime was chock full of corrupt officials and so is the highest levels of government agencies such as the IRS, FBI, DOJ, CIA, etc.

Why do you support the interests of 1% government corruptocrats and the Democratic Party over the interests of average Americans?

The evidence supported prosecution, and Comey and the DOJ, whose job is to ENFORCE the law gave Hillary a pass. What's obvious is that you are either ignorant of what transpired or you're a partisan Democrat.
Your claims don’t make sense as the Republicans control everything now. So it sounds like you’re saying the Republicans are partisan Democrats as well. You make such compelling arguments... haha

What do you mean that my claims don't make sense. Hillary broke the law and skated. Here are facts:

1) It is against the law for government officials to transmit classified materials through their own private server.

2) Hillary transmitted classified material through her private server.

3) Hillary was not prosecuted.

Do you dispute any of these three facts?

And again I’ll say it... a few months later Lynch was out and Trump put sessions in and guess what??? No prosecution! If it was as simple and plain as you portray then hillary would be in jail. So perhaps you are just not seeing things through a clear lens.

It was prosecutorial favoritism because the perpetrator was the Democratic nominee for president. Had it been you or I, we would have been in prison. Jeff Sessions' inaction doesn't equate to Hillary being innocent.
Yeah, that’s your uninformed opinion... she isn’t the Democratic nominee now and there are new heads of the FBI and DOJ both appointed by Trump. Sessions could prosecute at anytime. Wray could evaluate the investigation and recommend prosecution, Trump could go on a tweet storm about it. Naw, we got silence. You’ve listened to too much info wars my friend. Time to detox

Who is it controlled by?

The Attorney General.

Either Sessions is incompetent, corrupt or is being blackmailed.

How about the scandal under Obama wherein the IRS was targeting conservative groups in order to prevent them from participating in the 2012 election? Are you going to tell me it didn't happen? Then we learned how former CIA Director Brennan was pushing Comey to investigate Trump for Russian collusion on a bullshit story bought and paid for by Hillary. Yea, the Obama regime was chock full of corrupt officials and so is the highest levels of government agencies such as the IRS, FBI, DOJ, CIA, etc.

Why do you support the interests of 1% government corruptocrats and the Democratic Party over the interests of average Americans?
I’m all about supporting Americans. I’m also about facts and truth. Not hyperbolic talking points and partisan spin

Yeah, that’s your uninformed opinion... [/QUOTE]

No opinion about it. Unlike you, I watched Comey's press conference and his testimony to congress. Hillary broke the law and skated and, as you stated, you support it. Fine. I don't believe government officials should be able to break the law with impunity. You and I can agree to disagree on that concept.

What do you mean that my claims don't make sense. Hillary broke the law and skated. Here are facts:

1) It is against the law for government officials to transmit classified materials through their own private server.

I take it you don't want to answer this question.

Yeah I dispute your first statement. The mishandling of classified information is against the law but the situation needs to be evaluated by law enforcement. Somebody who steals classified information and sells it to an advisory is going to receive harsher punishment than somebody who shows classified info to family members, and both those are treated differently than somebody who unknowingly mishandles classified info. Point is the info in question and the circumstances around the mishandling constitute the consequences. That’s what the FBI did. They deemed her innocent of criminal charges. Had she still been a government employee perhaps she would have been reprimanded. Who knows. Point is, the situation went through the process and this is how it turned out. I think she probably lost the election because of it. Time to move on buddy, you’re holding on too tight.

Yeah, that’s your uninformed opinion...

No opinion about it. Unlike you, I watched Comey's press conference and his testimony to congress. Hillary broke the law and skated and, as you stated, you support it. Fine. I don't believe government officials should be able to break the law with impunity. You and I can agree to disagree on that concept.[/QUOTE]
I think people who jaywalk are breaking the law, but I’m not gonna burn the police station down if they don’t arrest everybody they see running across the street.

Yeah I dispute your first statement. The mishandling of classified information is against the law but the situation needs to be evaluated by law enforcement. Somebody who steals classified information and sells it to an advisory is going to receive harsher punishment than somebody who shows classified info to family members, and both those are treated differently than somebody who unknowingly mishandles classified info. Point is the info in question and the circumstances around the mishandling constitute the consequences. That’s what the FBI did. They deemed her innocent of criminal charges. Had she still been a government employee perhaps she would have been reprimanded. Who knows. Point is, the situation went through the process and this is how it turned out. I think she probably lost the election because of it. Time to move on buddy, you’re holding on too tight.

Around the time Hillary got off, a sailor was prosecuted for taking pictures in a classified area of a submarine where photographs were prohibited. He said his "intent" was to be able to one day show the pictures to his grandchildren so he could show them where he worked when he was in the navy. He was convicted and served over a year in prison.

At the highest levels of government (DOJ, FBI, IRS) we have government officials that are partisan to the Democratic Party. They don't believe in equal application of the law nor in the concept that Lady Justice is blind. Obviously, you're fine with this.

I’m not gonna burn the police station down if they don’t arrest everybody they see running across the street.

Nobody is advocating for that. I'm advocating for equal application of the law. What would you say if a police agency ticketed blacks for jay walking, but not whites?

Around the time Hillary got off, a sailor was prosecuted for taking pictures in a classified area of a submarine where photographs were prohibited. He said his "intent" was to be able to one day show the pictures to his grandchildren so he could show them where he worked when he was in the navy. He was convicted and served over a year in prison.

At the highest levels of government (DOJ, FBI, IRS) we have government officials that are partisan to the Democratic Party. They don't believe in equal application of the law nor in the concept that Lady Justice is blind. Obviously, you're fine with this.
Yeah, he took photos of a nuclear submarine with classified technology and then took it off the ship. I think it’s shitty that he had to serve a year in prison but that’s what they decided and it was pretty damn intentional. Clinton used a fucking private email server like many many many other government officials use. Didn’t a report come out a year ago that Jared Kushner used a private email account as well? Should we read though everybody’s emails to see if any classified conversations slipped through? Point is, these are two very different situations and you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. It was investigated and decided on. Deal with it

I’m not gonna burn the police station down if they don’t arrest everybody they see running across the street.

Nobody is advocating for that. I'm advocating for equal application of the law. What would you say if a police agency ticketed blacks for jay walking, but not whites?
I’d say that was wrong. But as I pointed out a private email account is quite different than sneaking pictures of classified tech off a nuclear sub. You are comparing apples to oranges

Yeah, he took photos of a nuclear submarine with classified technology and then took it off the ship. I think it’s shitty that he had to serve a year in prison but that’s what they decided and it was pretty damn intentional. Clinton used a fucking private email server like many many many other government officials use. Didn’t a report come out a year ago that Jared Kushner used a private email account as well? Should we read though everybody’s emails to see if any classified conversations slipped through? Point is, these are two very different situations and you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. It was investigated and decided on. Deal with it

The issue isn't about whether government officials can have a private email. The issue is about government officials transmitting classified materials through a private server. It's against the law, a law Hillary violated not once but, repeatedly.

Your response "Too bad, so sad deal with it, ha ha ha!" is both immature and dishonest. You're not an honest and objective person. You are a political partisan. If you were on a jury, your verdict wouldn't depend on the facts, but on whether or not the accused had an "R" or "D" by their name.

Trump can have unsecured iphones without consequence; so the argument falls flat.

And Hillary wasnt president.

I’d say that was wrong. But as I pointed out a private email account is quite different than sneaking pictures of classified tech off a nuclear sub. You are comparing apples to oranges

It's not apples and oranges. Had some low-level government employee been caught emailing copies of classified materials via their Yahoo email, they would have been fired and prosecuted. We're all equal, but some are more equal than others, right?

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey recently wrote an editorial for the Wall Street Journal that made some very logical arguments to support the idea that the Russian hacking and leaking was not meant to elect Trump but was meant to serve as a warning to Hillary. Mukasey argues, probably correctly, that the Russians, like most everyone else, believed that Hillary was going to win. Therefore, says Mukasey, they meddled and leaked in order to warn Hillary that they might have her e-mails, including some/all of her missing e-mails. An excerpt:

“Consider the Justice Department inspector general's report on the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of an unauthorized and vulnerable email server,” Mukasey wrote. “It found that the bureau had concluded the server could well have been penetrated without detection. Recall also that some of the people hacked by GRU [Russia’s military intelligence agency] agents were aware of that server and mentioned it in messages they sent, so that the Russians too were aware of it.”

Mukasey added: “There are some 30,000 emails that Mrs. Clinton did not turn over, on the claim that they were personal and involved such trivia as yoga routines and Chelsea's wedding. If they instead contained damaging information -- say, regarding Clinton Foundation fundraising -- the new president would have taken office in the shadow of a sword dangling from a string held by the Russians.”

Pointing to the indictment last week of 12 GRU agents, the former attorney general also suggested that Putin wanted U.S. intelligence services to discover Russian meddling in the election -- and that if he really wanted agents from Moscow to go undetected he would have used a far more capable source than the former Russian “special-forces types” that make up GRU. (Russian meddling in election meant as 'warning' to Clinton, former AG says)​

This makes a lot of sense.

It’s an interesting perspective, but likely we will never know the truth. The Russians certainly will never confirm it.

Forum List

Back