Former 49ers QB Montana Invests in San Jose-Based Marijuana Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Joe Montana is already one of my heroes, and this definitely confirms it.

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Joe Montana knows an opportunity when he sees one, and one of the largest growing industries is cannabis.

The NFL Hall of Famer joined former CEO of Yahoo Carol Bartz and invested in Caliva, a San Jose-based weed dispensary and delivery service, raising $75 million in funding, the company said Thursday.

Caliva provides delivery service across the Bay Area and sells its own brand of products including marijuana buds, vape pens, edibles and other CBD- and THC-extracted products.
Former 49ers QB Montana Invests in SJ-Based Weed Delivery

Great, what we really need to fix this nation's problems is more people getting high on pot.

Great, what we really need to fix this nation's problems is more people getting high on pot.
People already enjoy the many benefits from cannabis. What's wrong with it being a legitimate business ? Raytheon and Lockheed kill for a living, but it's very profitable isn't it ? I don't hear any complaints about war profiteering, but you bitch about legalizing a plant ...( which is a valuable cure for PTSD btw...but guess what ? V.A. can't approve it for our guys because of a bullshit law that should have never existed in the first place. )

Last edited:
Over the last 8 years my wife has tried without success all sorts of pain medicine for fibromyalgia. Over the past month she's finally found something that is giving her relief and allows for a good night sleep in form of a cannabis patch.

Misconception is that people are getting relief by becoming stoned. Medical marijuana plants are grown to have a greater CBD content offering pain relief and less of the THC level which provide a "high".

Cannabidiol—CBD—is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from inflammation, pain, anxiety, psychosis, seizures, spasms, and other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.

What is Cannabidiol? | Project CBD

People already enjoy the many benefits from cannabis. What's wrong with it being a legitimate business ? Raytheon and Lockheed kill for a living, but it's very profitable isn't it ? I don't hear any complaints about war profiteering, but you bitch about legalizing a plant ...( which is a valuable cure for PTSD btw )
As long as people are made aware of how dangerous and life-altering it is for some and as long as those who smoke it in public are improsoned, no problem.

People already enjoy the many benefits from cannabis. What's wrong with it being a legitimate business ? Raytheon and Lockheed kill for a living, but it's very profitable isn't it ? I don't hear any complaints about war profiteering, but you bitch about legalizing a plant ...( which is a valuable cure for PTSD btw )
As long as people are made aware of how dangerous and life-altering it is for some and as long as those who smoke it in public are improsoned, no problem.
I'll smoke it in public and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Ever talk to someone stoned? While not as bad as a drunk, it isn't very enlightening.

Ever talk to someone stoned? While not as bad as a drunk, it isn't very enlightening.
You've been watching too many Seth Rogan and Harold and Kumar movies if that's what you think. If you meet enough people in a day, there are people you interact with who are high and you have no idea whether they are or not. It could be the electrician who comes out and replaces a blown breaker, your attorney or maybe even a family member. My parents never knew my friends and I were smoking weed unless they smelled it on us.

You've been watching too many Seth Rogan and Harold and Kumar movies if that's what you think. If you meet enough people in a day, there are people you interact with who are high and you have no idea whether they are or not. It could be the electrician who comes out and replaces a blown breaker, your attorney or maybe even a family member. My parents never knew my friends and I were smoking weed unless they smelled it on us.
At least that's what you thought. It's true about druggies and drunks. They are convinced that no one ever knows. They are so clever they can hide it. In reality, everyone knows.

You know who looks high, in fact very high?

Smirk-Boi the other day staring down the Indian. And he's their hero.
Strange isn't it?

If you knew anything about PTSD you'd know reefer is the last thing a victim wants in their system.....A drug that induces paranoia....damn, no wonder there are so many Vet suicides with this horseshit theory being followed.

If you knew anything about PTSD you'd know reefer is the last thing a victim wants in their system.....A drug that induces paranoia....damn, no wonder there are so many Vet suicides with this horseshit theory being followed.

It isn't a "drug" nor does it "induce paranoia", Harry Anslinger.

At least that's what you thought. It's true about druggies and drunks. They are convinced that no one ever knows. They are so clever they can hide it. In reality, everyone knows.
For heroin, meth, coke, prescription speed, acid, alcohol and a whole list of downers you may have a point. Weed is like coffee for some people, relaxing for others, a medicine, a cure, an industrial super-plant. The ONLY bad thing about it is if they arrest you with it where it's illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back