Forget the Fiscal Cliff – Obama’s Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million

Grrrr! Obama is going on yet another vacation. I could have sworn he said he wouldn't rest until the economy was better, unemployment was under control, blah blah blah. How many vacations has he and Michelle had the last 4 years? And, at a time when millions of Americans are facing even more hardships with higher taxes in our near future, Obama finds a way to spend more money we don't have. No shame.

As the US marches ever closer to the ‘fiscal cliff’, Washington is faced with the very real obligation of cutting back and tightening the belt on the budget. Republicans are eyeing Washington’s spending habits, while Democrats are concerned with raising taxes.
And in the middle of the fed’s financial crisis you have President Obama. His mainstream media face time suggests that he’s leading the galant charge to liberate America from the impending fiscal terrors; but, as the US finally makes the trip over the edge, the President will be in beautiful, sunny Hawaii, soaking in a 20-day, $4 million dollar vacation …oceans away from the problems that the rest of us are facing. The Hawaii Reporter writes about the warning that the local residents received, preceding the President’s arrival:
The report delivered to residents living along the ocean and canal that surrounds the multi-million dollar homes at Kailuana Place where the President stays, informed them of restrictions that will be implemented for 20 days beginning December 17 and running through January 6.
In a matter of weeks, Kailua residents will see the familiar street barricades fronted by U.S. Secret Service agents and Navy Seals and the U.S. Coast Guard stationed in canal and ocean waters.

Forget the Fiscal Cliff – Obama’s Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million
Forget the Fiscal Cliff - Obama's Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million Independent Journal Review

A 20 day vacation? How many Average AMericans that this asswipe relates to gets a 20 day taxpayer funded vacation to Hawaii? :lol::lol::lol:

with Obama followers, out of site out of mind..

they don't have a clue everything this man and his comrades in arms administration is doing behind the their backs

It's insane the way everything this man does is either justified or ignored by his supporters. Taking control of natural resources, no problem it's good for us, contol of the internet, no problem it's good for us, indefinite detentions without charge, no problem it's good for us.

Praying America can survive this and I'm glad my hunting camp in Northern Ontario is ready in case it can't.

The way obummer is seizing control that will soon get you locked up.

Seizing control? Of what? How?

Just one example of an executive order that is a stain on our freedom

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

Oh, please. That Executive Order relates to serious emergency authorities and builds upon an original order first issued in 1975 and amended by every President since. It lays out the responsibilities of every Executive Branch office in the case of a total breakdown of government, or something close. It's just prudent to have a plan in place and every President since at least Gerald Ford has recognized that.

Note also that it includes reporting responsibilities to Congress, the People's body. Congress has the power to change it, eliminate it, expand upon it or even refuse to fund it. So long as Congress holds the strings of power, you're in no danger of a dictatorship arising out of this.

they don't have a clue everything this man and his comrades in arms administration is doing behind the their backs

Ok, I'll bite. What IS he doing behind our backs?

Seizing control? Of what? How?

Just one example of an executive order that is a stain on our freedom

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

Oh, please. That Executive Order relates to serious emergency authorities and builds upon an original order first issued in 1975 and amended by every President since. It lays out the responsibilities of every Executive Branch office in the case of a total breakdown of government, or something close. It's just prudent to have a plan in place and every President since at least Gerald Ford has recognized that.

Note also that it includes reporting responsibilities to Congress, the People's body. Congress has the power to change it, eliminate it, expand upon it or even refuse to fund it. So long as Congress holds the strings of power, you're in no danger of a dictatorship arising out of this.

A perfect example of accepting and excusing whatever he does. Who determines what "promotes national security" yup, the guy who wants control of everything.

Tis the season

For mistletoe and frosted trees
Goodwill to all

And conservative whining about Obamas two weeks a year vacation

just some of what this administation is doing and taking away from YOU..screw the people and JOBS
a lot of links in article at site

SNIP:
Junk science job-killer Salazar strikes again, shuts down oyster company

By Michelle Malkin • November 30, 2012 09:52 AM

The Interior Department is on a roll — a steamroll over American jobs at the expense of common sense, sound science, and integrity in government. Earlier this week, I called attention to the 9.6 million acre land grab masquerading as a northern spotted owl rescue that will cost thousands of timber-related jobs, while subsidizing the shooting of a different species of owl to save the other.

Yesterday, loathsome cowboy/Interior Secretary Ken Salazar administered another blow to the economy. He announced he would not renew the lease of a popular family oyster farm at Point Reyes National Seashore in California that has been in business for four generations. The move ushers in the end of more than a century of shellfish production.

The decision will allow the National Park Service to turn the picturesque bay where Sir Francis Drake landed more than 400 years ago into California’s first federally designated marine wilderness area.

Salazar made his decision a day before the 40-year lease allowing Drakes Bay Oyster Co., to harvest shellfish in the estuary expires and one week after visiting the site.

“After careful consideration of the applicable law and policy, I have directed the National Park Service to allow the permit for the Drakes Bay Oyster Company to expire at the end of its current term and to return the Drakes Estero to the state of wilderness that Congress designated for it in 1976,” Salazar said in a statement. “I believe it is the right decision for Point Reyes National Seashore and for future generations who will enjoy this treasured landscape.”

all of it here
Michelle Malkin » Junk science job-killer Salazar strikes again, shuts down oyster company

just some of what this administation is doing and taking away from YOU..screw the people and JOBS
a lot of links in article at site

SNIP:
Junk science job-killer Salazar strikes again, shuts down oyster company

By Michelle Malkin • November 30, 2012 09:52 AM

The Interior Department is on a roll — a steamroll over American jobs at the expense of common sense, sound science, and integrity in government. Earlier this week, I called attention to the 9.6 million acre land grab masquerading as a northern spotted owl rescue that will cost thousands of timber-related jobs, while subsidizing the shooting of a different species of owl to save the other.

Yesterday, loathsome cowboy/Interior Secretary Ken Salazar administered another blow to the economy. He announced he would not renew the lease of a popular family oyster farm at Point Reyes National Seashore in California that has been in business for four generations. The move ushers in the end of more than a century of shellfish production.

The decision will allow the National Park Service to turn the picturesque bay where Sir Francis Drake landed more than 400 years ago into California’s first federally designated marine wilderness area.

Salazar made his decision a day before the 40-year lease allowing Drakes Bay Oyster Co., to harvest shellfish in the estuary expires and one week after visiting the site.

“After careful consideration of the applicable law and policy, I have directed the National Park Service to allow the permit for the Drakes Bay Oyster Company to expire at the end of its current term and to return the Drakes Estero to the state of wilderness that Congress designated for it in 1976,” Salazar said in a statement. “I believe it is the right decision for Point Reyes National Seashore and for future generations who will enjoy this treasured landscape.”

all of it here
Michelle Malkin » Junk science job-killer Salazar strikes again, shuts down oyster company

That's a relatively minor occurrence and you know it. Moreover, this administration is hardly the first to do something like that. Hell, you can go all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt and find similar examples.

And besides....I thought you said behind our backs? That was in the news.

Ya gotta do much better than that to convince me.

Forget the Fiscal Cliff....

Good idea.

November 18, 2012

Conservanutzos; Stand-Down

"....some major investors say the doomsayers are getting too much attention and cliff watchers should relax a bit.

These investors argue that the U.S. economy does not face immediate disaster if lawmakers can't reach a deal by the end of the year, and there will still be time for Washington to come up with a deal in early 2013 before major damage starts to be done.

"It is not impossible at all that they miss by a little and then come back and get it," said billionaire investor Ken Fisher, whose firm Fisher Investments oversees about $38 billion in equities. "There's a minor risk ... but getting it done 10 days later is not really a big deal."

Others say Washington has more time than that."

Ronald Reagan loved his ranch in Santa Barbara, California. According to the Associated Press,"Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his eight-year presidency."

What President Took the Longest Vacation? (And Other Fun Facts)

(Reagan does not hold the top spot though...James Madison does)

Obama wants to go off the cliff, it gives him something else to blame on Republicans. Which explains why he is absent from any discussions whatsoever.

Obama wants to go off the cliff, it gives him something else to blame on Republicans. Which explains why he is absent from any discussions whatsoever.

He is there and ready to sign a tax rate extension for 98% of Americans

What is taking Republicans so long?

Most of that $4 million (assuming the figure is true) are security costs which the taxpayers bear anytime the President of the United States goes anywhere, not just on vacation. You might call them fixed expenses and to add those fixed security costs into vacation expenses to make a political point is disingenuous and dishonest. Furthermore, it completely ignores how much it cost the taxpayers when previous residents of the White House went somewhere.

Here..let me help you out. The total cost of George Bushs' trips to Crawford, TX came to just over $124 million. Similar costs, adjusted for inflation, will be found for any Chief Executive in the modern era.

Pay Us Back: Boehner and GOP Owe Taxpayers $124 Million for Bush Vacation Travel

I, for one, do not begrudge a President his vacations. It's a demanding, 24 hour a day, 7 day a week job which is physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting. Everybody needs time off and especially the man with his finger on the nuclear button. You should not want, and would not like, an exhausted President making life and death crisis decisions. The stakes are to high for the whole world. Remember...even God rested on the 7th day!

Nor do I begrudge the costs associated with keeping him safe. You shouldn't either. I cannot imagine a worse possible scenario than that some screwball manages to kill the President of the United States. In today's atmosphere of hatred, distrust and division, something like that happening to Barack Obama would be a catastrophe, perhaps fatal to our democracy. NOBODY should want that to happen. As much as I despised the policies of George Bush, I did not want him coming to harm either and would not have cared if the cost of his security was $1 million a minute. It's money well spent for the good of the nation.

Give it rest. If you feel you must criticize the President, pick something else. YOU take vacations, why shouldn't he?

:DYah your right. The president campaigns for 6 months then takes the rest of his term vacationing. He sure needs a vacation now and then. Hope he gets a good sun tan.

:eusa_pray:Of course. Everything they do is behind closed doors. Bet they got that idea from using the bathroom so much.

Forum List

Back