Feel sorry for the six figure people...

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Jul 15, 2012
ff.jpg

*rolls eyes*

I really lol'd when I looked at the monthly expenses.

Edit: http://business.financialpost.com/2012/11/30/family-with-six-figure-income-broke-every-month/

Last edited:
$5000 per month is not a six-figure income. That totals just $60,000 per year.

Given that no income taxes or mortgage payments on that $550,000 house are mentioned in their expense column, nor any car payments, and that they have roughly $322,000 in cash and stocks....I'm calling bogus on the whole thing.

That's a LOT of accumulated cash for that income. I'm not saying it's impossible, but one has to wonder just HOW they managed to do it. In any case, there are probably plenty of us around here who have similar incomes and I'm betting most don't have a paid for, half a million dollar house, 2 paid for cars and that much in cash and investments. Not on that income.

Given that no income taxes or mortgage payments on that $550,000 house are mentioned in their expense column, nor any car payments, and that they have roughly $322,000 in cash and stocks....I'm calling bogus on the whole thing.

That's a LOT of accumulated cash for that income. I'm not saying it's impossible, but one has to wonder just HOW they managed to do it. In any case, there are probably plenty of us around here who have similar incomes and I'm betting most don't have a paid for, half a million dollar house, 2 paid for cars and that much in cash and investments. Not on that income.

the fact that he couldn't figure out that you need to make over $8,334 per month to make $100,000 a year or better speaks volumes.

the numbers are also way off... why would someone earning only about $60,000 a year have a credit line for more than twice that?
the cash assets are understated for someone earning six figures ...

and i don't know about anyone else, but we spend over $300 a month on our family cell phones alone.

a timeshare?

Last edited:

the fact that he couldn't figure out that you need to make over $8,334 per month to make $100,000 a year or better speaks volumes.

That chart does not say the monthly income listed is the net income. It says "monthly income." YOU may extrapolate anything you like from that, and so can I, but there's no point in arguing about it IF the chart itself does not indicate gross or net income, is there?

Maybe if the OP would be so kind as to give us a link to where he got that, it might help. Without verification, we have no way of knowing whether the figures are bogus or not.

ff.jpg

*rolls eyes*

Under Obama's plan this group of folks would continue to have the existing tax rate. Folks who make $20,000 a month is where the increases would begin.

That chart does not say the monthly income listed is the net income. It says "monthly income." YOU may extrapolate anything you like from that, and so can I, but there's no point in arguing about it IF the chart itself does not indicate gross or net income, is there?

Maybe if the OP would be so kind as to give us a link to where he got that, it might help. Without verification, we have no way of knowing whether the figures are bogus or not.

fair enough.

but it seems to me that if you're going to assert a six figure income, that should be somewhere in your calculus.

Last edited:

fair enough.

but it seems to me that if you're going to assert a six figure income, that should be somewhere in your calculus.

I didn't assert it. The OP did, which isn't me.

fair enough.

oh.. i know.. it was a generic "you". :)

i could have replaced it with either "he" or "one".

ff.jpg

*rolls eyes*

$1,450 a month on food.

Oh my god those poor souls!

I mean shit, $1,450 is slightly less than I make a month and they have to spend that paltry amount on food? Oh the sadness.

If only they could catch a break!

Correct.

ff.jpg

*rolls eyes*

$1,450 a month on food.

Oh my god those poor souls!

I mean shit, $1,450 is slightly less than I make a month and they have to spend that paltry amount on food? Oh the sadness.

If only they could catch a break!

I heard that. Of course my wife and I are retired but if we subtract our beer we wouldn't have nearly that big a grocery bill :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Ok.

Now....where is the OP.
He's waiting for people to follow the link. *shrugs*

Edit: Oh shit... I didn't provide the link. Stupid stupid me. Now I need to find it again.

Edit2: http://business.financialpost.com/2012/11/30/family-with-six-figure-income-broke-every-month/

Last edited:

Ok.

Now....where is the OP.

Edit: Oh shit... I didn't provide the link. Stupid stupid me. Now I need to find it again.

Edit2: Family with six-figure income broke every month | Family Finance | Personal Finance | Financial Post

Ok, thanks. I looked at the link and it settles the question of whether or not their income is gross or net.

But....uh...I hate to tell you this....that's a story FROM Canada and about Canadians.

Ok.

Now....where is the OP.

Edit2: Family with six-figure income broke every month | Family Finance | Personal Finance | Financial Post

Ok, thanks. I looked at the link and it settles the question of whether or not their income is gross or net.
Yeah...

But....uh...I hate to tell you this....that's a story FROM Canada and about Canadians.
Missing the point. The facts that they gave you, didn't even come close to supporting what was wrote. In fact it did the exact opposite.

Forum List

Back