Forest Trio: Starbucks Dividend?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a mock-dialogue between the Hindu deities/avatars Narayan (god of enlightenment), Shiva (god of destruction), and Vishnu (god of protection) about forests (their purity and relation to Starbucks culture).

I've created the hypothetical fantasy-realm scenario in which Narayan is actually the confident film-actor Rutger Hauer, Shiva is an idealistic Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan, and Vishnu is the chic film-actor Tom Hanks.

So does this come off as sarcastic (regarding TrumpUSA) or critical?

====

NARAYAN: Something about Earth's forests give me an eerie feeling...
SHIVA: The Jersey Devil?
VISHNU: The density?

NARAYAN: Sure, those 'reasons' are reasonable, but I'm referring to the forest's 'labyrinth.'
SHIVA: You're Rutger Hauer; I'm Ajay Satan, and Vishnu is Tom Hanks (we like 'society imagination'!).
VISHNU: Let's be serious; are you referring to the 'labyrinth of consciousness'?

NARAYAN: Consciousness, yes. Why are forests invitations to 'urban-dwellers' to indulge in euphoria?
SHIVA: Urbanites have become jaded by traffic...
VISHNU: The forest is where we came from, so we 'remember' innocence!

NARAYAN: If the forest represents 'innocence,' maybe the city represents 'corruption.'
SHIVA: Critics of America would agree with you about the 'corruption' of our Starbucks-TrumpUSA!
VISHNU: I like the jungle-heroine comic book character Sheena who symbolizes 'primal purity.'

NARAYAN: Is there a way to 'marry' the forest with the city?
SHIVA: Sure...how about the Planet of the Apes film franchise?
VISHNU: "Damn, dirty apes!"

NARAYAN: Maybe there is real evil in the forest --- e.g., 'a shadow intelligence.'
SHIVA: I think you're referring to something 'punishing' humanity for 'betraying' the forest for the city...
VISHNU: Yes, and for that, you can just enjoy a nice viewing of the film Bright Lights, Big City!

NARAYAN: Industrialization/consumerism shouldn't destroy our deification of the forest...
SHIVA: I think millions of people brood on that failure when they sip Starbucks on their way to Wall Street.
VISHNU: President Trump just might become a 'deforestation diplomat.'

====

NARAYAN, SHIVA, VISHNU:

trio.jpg

RUTGER HAUER, AJAY SATAN, TOM HANKS:

trio2.jpg

THE FOREST:

forest.jpg

Acid Rain

Here's a dialogue about Starbucks-rapture and election between Noah and God.

====

NOAH: Will there be a flood to punish us for our Starbucks transgressions?
GOD: Mechanized civilization (e.g., Facebook) has reflected deforestation and eco-pollution...
NOAH: Humanity simply wanted drive-thru coffee...
GOD: Well, it created urban congestion and global warming!
NOAH: We can find redemption, God, through Halloween pumpkin pie.
GOD: It's possible, if you refrain from hoarding.
NOAH: No one can resist the temptation of hoarding completely.
GOD: Then everyone must be punished.
NOAH: Can't we build a raft/tent/ark?
GOD: There is the chance that people will join together to celebrate the 2nd coming of Jesus.
NOAH: The AntiChrist will stand in our way...
GOD: Offer each other a cup of Starbucks coffee or some general cheer!
NOAH: I just want to feel better about acid rain.
GOD: Find your 'taxonomy team' in the forest...

====

noah.jpg

Forum List

Back